Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 08:08 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,485,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Yeah, no kidding! I got 2 hrs last night.

Here's the CNN report we did this morning: http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/bestoftv/2012/03/20/exp-early-teen-homeowner.cnn

Willow is doing great on her interviews, Shannon, you on the other hand look as though you're saying, Why am I here, get me out of here. LOL I'm sure it's just tiredness. . It took me a while to see the Ellen interview, seems comcast in my area isn't carring it in the regualar abc channel, so I had to search it and ended up watching it on hulu. Great job Willow, you are handling yourself like a pro and are such a lovely young lady, sooooooo adorable.

Like others are saying, hope you both are catch up on some rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 PM

288 posts, read 453,591 times
Congrats SoFLGal, to both of you!

Very impressive

Old 03-20-2012, 03:25 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,029,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman29 View Post
Why does everyone think this is an amazing story! She was just able to profit based on the situation! She didn't earn it, she just sold stuff from houses she had was able to take it from. There's nothing special about taking advantage of the situation she was in. It's like saying someone that found $100 was a smart person that earned it!
I was thinking the same thing. It's something almost any teenager would do given the opportunity. How many teens mothers are Real Estate where they would have such an opportunity to get this free stuff to sell and buy a $12,000 home? I wish Willow well, but see nothing amazing here.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:02 PM

499 posts, read 581,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
I was thinking the same thing. It's something almost any teenager would do given the opportunity. How many teens mothers are Real Estate where they would have such an opportunity to get this free stuff to sell and buy a $12,000 home? I wish Willow well, but see nothing amazing here.
I think your quotes are spiteful! Many other Real Estate agents have children but how many have used that little advantage to profit from it? I have only been able to see a few interviews on the Internet as I don't live in America but am so impressed with this 14 year old. Willow comes across as well balanced and very adult, she has obviously had very good parenting and her Mum and Dad can be justly proud of her. I'm sure this young lady will go very far in life and I for one, wish her all the best

Old 03-20-2012, 11:34 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,947,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
And your 14 year old has saved up $6000 how?

Old 03-21-2012, 11:15 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,899,233 times
"something almost any teenager would do"? Really? Most of them I know spend their money as soon as it hits their palm.
This story does remind me a little bit of me at her age though. And not only because I had an identical "shag" haircut as they called it back then. I lived on a dairy farm when I was her age, and I made money by buying calves at sales, raising them, taking them to shows, where they always did really well, and then selling them as adults. I made a LOT of money, and put myself through college. AND I had an expensive lifestyle while I was in college.
Now, it's easy to say I had an advantage, as you say about Willow, because my dad was a dairy farmer. True. BUT I had two sisters, and they never did this.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
I think your quotes are spiteful!
Absurd. I always like her and read most of her posts.

Quote:
Many other Real Estate agents have children but how many have used that little advantage to profit from it?
You tell me. How many people who buy these houses to flip are willing to give away what the last owners left? Where are the stats? How many homes come up for $12,000 in the USA unless they're near hovels?

Quote:
I have only been able to see a few interviews on the Internet as I don't live in America but am so impressed with this 14 year old. Willow comes across as well balanced and very adult, she has obviously had very good parenting and her Mum and Dad can be justly proud of her. I'm sure this young lady will go very far in life and I for one, wish her all the best
I also wish her the best.... and she loves animals and in my book that's a plus.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
And your 14 year old has saved up $6000 how?
By working after school and weekends, like most teenagers.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
"something almost any teenager would do"? Really? Most of them I know spend their money as soon as it hits their palm.
I didn't know any teens like that. We all had jobs after school as soon as we could find them. We had working papers as soon as we could get them also.

Quote:
This story does remind me a little bit of me at her age though. And not only because I had an identical "shag" haircut as they called it back then. I lived on a dairy farm when I was her age, and I made money by buying calves at sales, raising them, taking them to shows, where they always did really well, and then selling them as adults. I made a LOT of money, and put myself through college. AND I had an expensive lifestyle while I was in college.
You and I were raised with a strong work ethic. Many kids these days are raised with a strong "entitlement" ethic. They want things handed to them and see no reason to work or save. I think Willow is a smart young lady but not an amazing one. We're all entitled to our own opinion. I think she will go far in life and that's what's important in the end.

Quote:
Now, it's easy to say I had an advantage, as you say about Willow, because my dad was a dairy farmer. True. BUT I had two sisters, and they never did this.
We're all different. That's what makes the world go around.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:35 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,769,249 times
I don't think you are being mean-spirited or spiteful, per se. I understand your point but I think you are missing what it is that this story is about...an interesting, good news, feel good story about a kid that is doing something that is, at the very least, extraordinary. I'm sure you'll agree that a 14 year old having an ownership position in real estate is extraordinary under any circumstance. And, the fact that Willow is obviously bright, well spoken, and has an infectious personality on camera makes her story an attractive commodity to the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area