Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 04:20 PM

25,829 posts, read 12,868,345 times

Advertisements

Seems high for off-season, but the location is perfect and it looks nicely kept.

Unless there's something else you'e found that looks better, go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2022, 04:27 PM

17,548 posts, read 39,177,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Seems high for off-season, but the location is perfect and it looks nicely kept.

Unless there's something else you'e found that looks better, go for it.
For that location right on the water? Not high at all. People are paying a lot more for a whole lot less that I personally know!

Old 10-31-2022, 05:40 PM

124 posts, read 99,285 times
Spend that munny....ain't worth it...Sarasota is great, I'm a native, but you got to be crazy or have too much ego AND money ! go elsewhere, but I'll still be around. Sold out. I'll look maybe in 2023 or 2024 for low-hanging fruit. When you get in a hurry you get s crewed.

Never been in a hurry or influenced by newcomer dumbbuttz

Old 10-31-2022, 06:33 PM

8,504 posts, read 4,711,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatique View Post
I'd love to get some feedback about this rental: https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...il/M5461916099

It's probably already taken, I am just trying to get a better sense of various areas. This one above is 2 bedroom with 1.5 bathrooms which would be perfect for us. It's in Golden Gate Point. Looks very nice to me.
I copied & pasted the text of the ad into a Google search and this particular property is listed on many real estate web sites so it's probably not a scam.

However something seems strange about it. It has been on the market for 289 days. Since August 10th, 2021 there have been quite a few price adjustments - both up & down. It last rented for $5000 on January 3, 2022 - however as soon as January 14, 2022 it was listed as "Active" again for $4000 - and it hasn't been rented since then.

If you opt for this rental make sure you investigate it thoroughly so you'll know if there's some kind of problem with it.

More details here:
https://www.compass.com/listing/616-...4021266952665/

Old 10-31-2022, 06:38 PM

103 posts, read 96,953 times
RidgeCrossing - I agree that housing prices are stupid crazy, and your warning about being in a hurry is very wise, especially if someone is making a long term financial commitment. In our case we're willing to "overpay" on a very temporary basis (for a short term furnished rental to see how we like the area.) Then, if we decide to do an annual lease we'd get a bit more shrewd. If we ever decide to own a property again, we'd have a different mindset altogether.

Wondermint - thank you so much for that research! That was a smart way to look into it. I contacted the realtor associated with the listing but I'm kind of expecting if I do hear back she'll tell me it is already rented.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:46 PM

25,829 posts, read 12,868,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
For that location right on the water? Not high at all. People are paying a lot more for a whole lot less that I personally know!
For off-season? That 6 month time gap is tough for landlords to fill.

I think you are thinking of high-season.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:54 PM

2,353 posts, read 2,307,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree, $3,500 for that location is reasonable. And this is a fantastic location, if you want to be in Sarasota I’d go for it.

Old 11-01-2022, 07:04 AM

91 posts, read 76,993 times
Quote:
... I contacted the realtor associated with the listing but I'm kind of expecting if I do hear back she'll tell me it is already rented.
I know the listing realtor. She lives in the same condo complex in Golden Gate Point, so I think the listing is legitimate. It's a great location, walking distance to downtown, and walking or trolley to the beach. Golden Gate Point is a quiet, secluded area with many high end luxury condos.

Old 11-01-2022, 08:03 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,261,506 times
Quote:
RidgeCrossing - I agree that housing prices are stupid crazy, and your warning about being in a hurry is very wise, especially if someone is making a long term financial commitment. In our case we're willing to "overpay" on a very temporary basis (for a short term furnished rental to see how we like the area.) Then, if we decide to do an annual lease we'd get a bit more shrewd. If we ever decide to own a property again, we'd have a different mindset altogether.

Wondermint - thank you so much for that research! That was a smart way to look into it. I contacted the realtor associated with the listing but I'm kind of expecting if I do hear back she'll tell me it is already rented.
It is a long walk into town from that place.
Probably a mile?
The good news is it is a nice walk (2 miles) to st Armand’s circle from there.
If you desire a car free lifestyle, this would not be ideal.
It does look beautiful.

Old 11-01-2022, 08:28 AM

103 posts, read 96,953 times
foodyum - I was just about to post regarding the same topic. I was using Google maps street view to see what the walk would be like to the downtown core from Golden Gate Point. Distance is approximately a mile, but what concerns me more than distance is the busy / high traffic roads. I guess there is a free trolly which would be fabulous, but not sure if it stops right in Golden Gate or where I could get on to ride into downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area