Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:21 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times

Advertisements

Looking at what are prepared to pay for rent you could definitely rent something nice in North Port. I'm not too up on the Venice and Sarasota rental market but I noticed LadtwithaFan posted that you could get a place close to downtown in the $800 range. That might be an option as well. There would certainly be more chance for employment in Sarasota as opposed to North Port.

As far as being an employer, I'm a Realtor and the position that I was advertising for on Craigslist is already filled. My company does hire but you would need a real estate license unless you were to get a job as a front desk secretary. As far as I know our girl is not planning on leaving. I wouldn't recommend getting into real estate right now unless you have alot of contacts already in the area.

Make sure your resume shines! Often times that is the first impression a potential employer gets of a possible employee. Check for spelling errors, grammatical errors, formatting, etc. Try to apply to the places that have the most relevancy to your experience.

One of the girls that we hired took the time to make a whole website about herself and highlighted her experience and how she thought she would best fit in with our team. We hired her and she has been a wonderful employee. Try to think outside the box. Think of some why that you can do something different to showcase your talents.

Good luck with your job and home search and hopefully you make it to Florida soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 08:08 AM

22 posts, read 55,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
svromo, i doubt you will find 2-3 bdr home or even appartment for 750-1100. Not in Sarasota.
SO WHATS THE PRICES RANGE ON A 2 TO 3 BEDROOM APARTMENT OR HOUSE.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrom09 View Post
SO WHATS THE PRICES RANGE ON A 2 TO 3 BEDROOM APARTMENT OR HOUSE.
HERE IN A NEW YORK A SMALL 1 BED ROOM OR STUDIO STARTS FROM 1100 OR MORE DEPEND THE AREA NO ELECTRIC OR GAS INCLUDED , SOMETIME NOT EVEN HEAT IS INCLUDED.
i RENTED A SMALL 3 BED ROOM APARMENT FOR 1500 NO LIGHT OR GAS INCLUDED AND I HAD TO REPORT HIM FOR NO HEAT IT WAS A HORRIBLE WINTER, THIS ONE OF THE REASON I WANT TO MOVE TO FLORIDA

Old 08-22-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflgal View Post
looking at what are prepared to pay for rent you could definitely rent something nice in north port. I'm not too up on the venice and sarasota rental market but i noticed ladtwithafan posted that you could get a place close to downtown in the $800 range. That might be an option as well. There would certainly be more chance for employment in sarasota as opposed to north port.

As far as being an employer, i'm a realtor and the position that i was advertising for on craigslist is already filled. My company does hire but you would need a real estate license unless you were to get a job as a front desk secretary. As far as i know our girl is not planning on leaving. I wouldn't recommend getting into real estate right now unless you have alot of contacts already in the area.

Make sure your resume shines! Often times that is the first impression a potential employer gets of a possible employee. Check for spelling errors, grammatical errors, formatting, etc. Try to apply to the places that have the most relevancy to your experience.

One of the girls that we hired took the time to make a whole website about herself and highlighted her experience and how she thought she would best fit in with our team. We hired her and she has been a wonderful employee. Try to think outside the box. Think of some why that you can do something different to showcase your talents.

Good luck with your job and home search and hopefully you make it to florida soon!
this is a great advice , job searching world wide is hard and limited but am always positive and i go way and beyond to do my bes.

Real estate is not a good idea at least not right now and like you its easier when you are known familiar with the area.

Well if she decide to leave am here lol!!!

Thanks for all your info and advice

Old 08-22-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbondated View Post
not to discourage you...

But you will be hard pressed to find a receptionist job in sarasota county, especially not having a work record here. Be aware...you may be hard pressed to even find a retail sales clerk job. Over 1,000 people applied for 150 sales clerk/cashier positions, and that was just on the first day of a three day event.

If you can, (especially with children) postpone your plans until the economy picks up.

in a way your but theres never a good time to move , all is preparation and of course money , and believe this is one of the reason am here in city-data to find info , i've been appling to jobs over the internet and i will be visiting sarasota if i find something within a limited time ill stay and if not i will come back to ny and wait for an job offer or my job transfer which will any part of florida which i dont want!!

Old 08-22-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrom09 View Post
in a way your but theres never a good time to move , all is preparation and of course money , and believe this is one of the reason am here in city-data to find info , i've been appling to jobs over the internet and i will be visiting sarasota if i find something within a limited time ill stay and if not i will come back to ny and wait for an job offer or my job transfer which will any part of florida which i dont want!!

the reason i like sarasota i have a cousin there ( she my only family in FLORIDA)
so it a better way for me , she been very helpful with info but not in the job force she a nanny.

Last edited by svrom09; 08-22-2008 at 09:09 AM..

Old 08-23-2008, 11:38 PM

7 posts, read 67,399 times
Yes you can find a place to rent for that. I live in Vintage Grand, which is less than 10 mins to Siesta Key Beach (very popular, award-winning beach) and I have a 2 bedroom 2 bath for $975 a month. They have also converted a lot of these apartments into really nice condos with wood floors, stainless appliances (for more rent). I am within WALKING distance to the YMCA which has a water park for kids, the Westfield Mall (newly remodeled and nice) Target, Publix (grocery) Blockbuster, etc. Within 5 minutes is Target, K-Mart, Old Navy, Ross, tons of restaurants, some bars. We are also right next to a park and bike trail if you are into biking. Wal-Mart is about a 10 min drive and its a newer one, not one of those run down ones. Sorry if this sounds like some kind of ad, but I love our area. I believe they have some move in specials here or something too right now because a ton of people have been moving in. Or maybe it's just all the foreclosures? Anyway, our place also has 2 big pools, tennis courts, small work out room, fishing pier, and they allow pets (1). Let me know if you want any more info. We are actually moving to South Carolina in 6 months due to job change and I'm really going to miss the place

Oh, also our electric is about $150 a month, but that has to do with the rising price of gas according to our bill. Water is about $35 a month I think. Cable is about $75 a month with internet.

http://www.forrent.com/apartment-com...le/1009709.php

Old 08-24-2008, 12:34 AM

wow , this is really good to here it all sound great thanks for all the info , i can't wait to move there, thanks again if more info pls let me know

Old 11-28-2008, 12:39 PM

i D ACTUALLY FOUND A 2 BED ROOM HOUSE FOR 800 WITHA BIG YARD AND FRONT AND A CARPORT ABD A STORAGE ROOM FOR 800 AM SO HAPPY

Old 11-28-2008, 12:40 PM

I WANT TO SAY THANKS TO AOLL OF YOU ABOVE FOR GIVING SO MUCH HELPFUL INFORMATION , i ACTUALLY NOW LIVE IN SARASOTA AND I FOUND A JOB IT TOOK ME 2 MONTHS TO FIND ONE NOW I HAVE APLACE TOO, AM SO HAPPY FOR MAKING THIS DECISION OF LEAVING NY , I LOVE SARASOTA SO MUCH ITS GREAT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area