Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 07:01 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I have been watching the Seattle weather on google for awhile now and even today, it says for today and the next week it will be partially cloudy and partially sunny. I've been seeing this partial cloudy/sunny much of the time that I look. Is Google weather that far off or are all these complainers about the weather in Seattle failing to mention that the sun does shine, even if just for a brief period of time?
You're right, "the mountain was out" today from about noon to 1pm. Or as the saying goes, "if you don't like the weather in Seattle, just wait an hour"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:57 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,136,558 times
The weather now feels like late April.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:53 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,053,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
You're right, "the mountain was out" today from about noon to 1pm. Or as the saying goes, "if you don't like the weather in Seattle, just wait an hour"!
I'm beginning to think that some of the naysayers on this board about Seattle weather are trying to prevent others from moving there!!! From what I can see, you do NOT have nothing but total cloud cover for months at a time, which is what some people on these boards want us to believe!

Old 01-15-2014, 10:17 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
I'm beginning to think that some of the naysayers on this board about Seattle weather are trying to prevent others from moving there!!! From what I can see, you do NOT have nothing but total cloud cover for months at a time, which is what some people on these boards want us to believe!
I also think a lot of the naysayers are people who have never even lived here (all they know is what they have "read" or heard), or people who visited during a time of wet and gray weather and they think it makes them an authority on it.

Anyway, after a very wet weekend here, it is an absolutely beautiful morning here.

The last I heard, it is supposed to be pretty dry through the rest of the month.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 AM

588 posts, read 1,015,410 times
Quote:
Yes there is a lot of exaggeration. But, a week or even 2 at a time with almost no sun between November and February is not uncommon. Last week was a no sun week, except for a half hour sunbreak before the hawks game on Saturday. On the other hand, it was near or above 50 degrees all week too. After being in Chicago for 10 days around new years, and having delayed and cancelled flights due to temps well below zero, 50 and cloudy is pretty easy to handle as far as winter weather goes.

Here's the other thing - forecasts here tend to be less accurate than most other places, it seems. For instance, accuweather is showing full sun and highs from 50-60 EVERY DAY next week. I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:45 PM

710 posts, read 1,398,374 times
Also, the 'official' weather reports are in SeaTac at the airport south of the city. Seattle proper actually has slightly better weather. From everyone I've talked to, 2013 was a VERY unusual year. However, there are definitely days where the official weather is recorded as mostly cloudy, but it seems more like a partly cloudy day and the sun was out for most of it! Guessing there just must have been more cloud cover at the airport...

Old 01-17-2014, 09:50 AM

Another beautiful morning in paradise!

Old 01-20-2014, 04:10 PM

506 posts, read 958,891 times
I miss Seattle. I heard the whole city is celebrating their win from last night and here I am stuck in crappy dumpy Buffalo, lol.

I heard the weather is great and warm. I miss mild winters. Can't wait to go back to visit family and friends this summer!

Old 01-20-2014, 07:24 PM

710 posts, read 1,398,374 times
Such a great day today! Guess it was a reward for the Seahawks win

Old 01-20-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman78 View Post
Such a great day today! Guess it was a reward for the Seahawks win
lol - maybe......

....except that the weather had been awesome for a number of days before the game (at least down here).

A little nippy down here in the mornings - until this morning, when it was around 27 degrees, the rest of the mornings since this latest run of nice weather began have all been right around 30 when I got up.

I've had a little fog to deal with but not much here at the house (at around 1500 feet elevation - more or less - I seem to be above the fog most of the time). My son and I had to run into town late this morning and we ran into several spots where it was down right soupy. Nothing but blue sky here, though!

I looked at the forecast for the next seven days, and except for Wednesday, when they're predicting a chance for morning showers, it looks like we'll be getting more of the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area