Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 11:31 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,929,491 times

Advertisements

You guys are funny, is this the new "the sky if falling" prepper motto of the year to justify your "hobby" or whatever you call it?

And yet the citizens of Seoul are listening to K-pop, playing with cell phones, and spending evenings at karaoke clubs without a worry in the world. China? I was in China last week, my only concerns there was the heat and the availability of Tsing Tao beer.

The people in Seoul are facing obliteration simply by conventional artillery from over the DMZ. They've been listing to the Kim dynasty threats for decades. Nothing new. When they start panicking, then I will start panicking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 01:28 PM

9,018 posts, read 4,715,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You guys are funny, is this the new "the sky if falling" prepper motto of the year to justify your "hobby" or whatever you call it?
Real preppers worry about the mental health of the fear mongers.

They are like the city slicker walking along, constantly scanning the sky for a
pterodactyl, and not noticing the rattlesnake at their feet.

Quote:
And yet the citizens of Seoul are listening to K-pop, playing with cell phones, and spending evenings at karaoke clubs without a worry in the world. China? I was in China last week, my only concerns there was the heat and the availability of Tsing Tao beer.
Yeah, eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.
Sorry, I got a family to look out for.

Quote:
The people in Seoul are facing obliteration simply by conventional artillery from over the DMZ. They've been listing to the Kim dynasty threats for decades. Nothing new. When they start panicking, then I will start panicking.
Well, I wouldn't say "nothing new" but then again, I am a realist, not a propagandist.
Certainly, though, N.K.'s conventional artillery is still a greater threat to Seoul that his nukes.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:48 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,958,838 times
I have a bottle of tranquilizers and a big jug of vodka. That's all the prep I need.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:42 PM

9,018 posts, read 4,715,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I have a bottle of tranquilizers and a big jug of vodka. That's all the prep I need.
Don't worry, we won't miss you.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:50 AM

18,253 posts, read 16,958,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Don't worry, we won't miss you.
Thank God, I was worried about you, TRex.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:01 AM

147 posts, read 181,334 times
The recent media frenzy over North Korea's nuclear threats is focusing on the threats made by its crazy leader Kim Jong-Un, but two former CIA spies have come forward to reveal that the media is purposely ignoring the true threat to the United States: North Korea's Partner-in-Crime, The Islamic Republic of Iran.

Iranian-born Reza Kahlili spied on Iran while embedded within the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, and Dr. Jim Garrow spied on China for the US for decades. They state that Iran is a "clear and present danger" to the United States, able to field EMP "super weapons" that could send the United States back to the 1800's in a millisecond without the infrastructure to support 330-million people.

Kahlili, a member of the Congressional EMP Commission, says that Iran has been training to use SCUD missiles concealed in civilian container ships to deliver a devastating EMP strike against the United States.

According to studies published by the EMP Commission, up to 90% of the US population could die from disease, starvation, and violence as people fight over remaining resources within one year of such an attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESoSYUY_1M

Old 08-14-2017, 11:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,855,481 times
The proper response to a nearby Nuclear explosion is to sit in a corner, place your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye.

so now we have to worry about an Iranian EMP strike on the US. What next? A black man elected to the Presidency for 8 years or a narcissistic overage child?

Old 08-14-2017, 01:01 PM

2,503 posts, read 1,880,061 times
I'll prepare for an oncoming hurricane....lay in some water, food, batteries, fuel for the gas grill, etc., but for nuclear war? I'm 70. I've had some good years behind me. Not sure I want to try to survive a nuclear winter and the aftermath.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:44 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,277,589 times
<sarc>Iran and NK just need to simmer down and save their ordnance. If they will just be patient, we will take ourselves out, and they can use the ordnance on someone else. I guess we are about 50-50 right/left, lib/conservative, white/minority, poor/rich, fat/skinny, whatever/whatever. And we see it all as a good/evil equation, worth fighting about. This country is going to make its own damn doom, thank you, and no outside help is needed. No offense to the fat kid across the pond.... Oh, who am I kidding? Screw the fat kid with the slanty eyes. He's evil. <sarc>

Old 08-14-2017, 01:47 PM

147 posts, read 181,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
I'll prepare for an oncoming hurricane....lay in some water, food, batteries, fuel for the gas grill, etc., but for nuclear war? I'm 70. I've had some good years behind me. Not sure I want to try to survive a nuclear winter and the aftermath.

Nuclear Winter and the End of the Arms Race: Carl Sagan Interview (1991)

Models suggest that detonating dozens or more nuclear weapons on cities prone to firestorm, comparable to the Hiroshima of 1945, could have a profound and severe effect on the climate causing cold weather and reduced sunlight for a period of months or even years by the emission of large amounts of the firestorms smoke and soot into the Earth's stratosphere.

Similar climatic effects can be caused by comets or an asteroid impact, also sometimes termed an impact winter, or by a supervolcano eruption, known as a volcanic winter.

During the early 1980s, Fidel Castro recommended to the Kremlin a harder line against Washington, even suggesting the possibility of nuclear strikes. The pressure stopped after Soviet officials gave Castro a briefing on the ecological impact on Cuba of nuclear strikes on the United States.[60]
In an interview in 2000, Mikhail Gorbachev, in response to the comment "In the 1980s, you warned about the unprecedented dangers of nuclear weapons and took very daring steps to reverse the arms race," said "Models made by Russian and American scientists showed that a nuclear war would result in a nuclear winter that would be extremely destructive to all life on Earth; the knowledge of that was a great stimulus to us, to people of honor and morality, to act in that situation."[61]
As the implications of nuclear winter began to be taken seriously in the late 1980s, military analysts turned their attention to the development of nuclear warheads that would explode at low altitudes and cause less thermal radiation ignited fires, thus reducing the likelihood of a nuclear winter. The TTAPS paper had described a 3000 MT counterforce attack on ICBM sites; Michael Altfeld of Michigan State University and political scientist Stephen Cimbala of Pennsylvania State University argued that smaller, more accurate warheads and lower detonation heights could produce the same counterforce strike with only 3 MT and produce less climatic effects, even if cities were targeted, as lower fuzing heights, such as surface bursts, would limit the range of the burning thermal rays due to terrain masking and shadowing, while also temporarily lofting far more radioactive soil into the atmosphere. Therefore as a consequence of attempting to limit the target fire hazard by reducing the range of thermal radiation with fuzing for surface bursts, this will result in a scenario were the far more concentrated, and therefore deadlier, local fallout that is generated following a surface burst forms, as opposed to the comparatively dilute global fallout created when nuclear weapons are fuzed in air burst mode.[62][63] Altfeld and Cimbala also suggested that belief in the possibility of nuclear winter has actually made nuclear war more likely, contrary to the views of Sagan and others, because it has inspired the development of more accurate, and lower explosive yield, nuclear weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HijgaqjJ8AI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrvgsk8eX24
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness