Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2017, 10:55 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times

Advertisements

Fishers and hunters come in for their fishing or hunting licences, or in their camo, cause they're on their way to their fishing and hunting spots, and came to pick up a few things...stuff like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 11:01 AM

10,902 posts, read 7,393,957 times
I have never seen handbaskets at my local walmart. Never. It's hard enough getting a cart.

[quote=AZDesertBrat;49117813]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
There are some Walmarts that have smaller carts. There's about 4 within a 30-40 min drive of which 2 have the smaller cart option. Wish all of them did. Some Walmarts you can't even find the hand baskets.[/quote]

That's because people steal them! Ours now have asset protection devices on them to discourage people from walking out with them. One day I watched a lady at self checkout scan a full basket of knitting yarn and put them back in the basket. Then she picked it up and walked out with it!

Old 08-08-2017, 11:07 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,165 times
Nope. Every time I go in that store, I get followed. EVERY SINGLE TIME. I thought I must look sneaky or like I'm up to something but when I go into Kroger and Farm Fresh, noone pays me any attention. Screw walmart.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:53 AM

6,825 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Occasionally. Last time I went in there to look at shoes/clothes I was really appalled at the selection and quality - it had gone way down hill since the last time I was there - not sure why. Men's clothes and kid's clothes seemed to be better than women's.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:35 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Yes, I shop at Walmart. It is 1 mile away from my house, I can walk there. It's convenient, carries many of the items my family needs, and of course the prices. Just because we make good enough money doesn't mean we want to pay more or go out of our way.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:57 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
[quote=steiconi;49119189]I have never seen handbaskets at my local walmart. Never. It's hard enough getting a cart.

Talk to the store manager to ascertain where the hand baskets are stored . . . normally they are not far from the grocery carts.

I thank my lucky stars that the Walmart stores in my area are nothing like some think their's look like.

Or all of this could just be people who get a kick out of stirring the pot and in reality have no complaints but will still initiate bashing someone or something just to see how others react.

And those who claim to detest Walmart . . ok, fine, that's your opinion and you will take your money elsewhere to spend. But to continually knock something leads to the old: Thou doth protest too much theory.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:11 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I don't price match fruit and I usually just go to a regular grocery store for meat. Still, we did ok with that catcher. My daughter wanted a bike, we got the gift card and got the bike for free. On my way out I look for dropped receipts so my husband can scan them

We have one store in town that has really super prices on produce BUT their product isn't that great so we get a TON of ad matches on that. Walmart's meats used to have a terrible reputation...something about 'water added' or some such? Anyway, that doesn't happen anymore and our meats are actually pretty good. I admit I don't buy that much meat there because, I think, it's kind of high priced. I DO like Safeway's bargain meat bin and have got some really good deals there but that's about the only thing I buy there. The rest of their stuff gives me 'sticker shock'.

I have about $60 on my Savings Catcher and I'm saving it for a 'biggie'. Nice that you could save enough to buy a bike!

You'd be surprised how many people gather up others receipts. I guess it pays!

Old 08-08-2017, 01:17 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Thank you to all of the people who choose NOT to shop at Walmart. Makes for less wait time at the check-out.

I shop Walmart about once a month for paper products and for coffee. I can buy a 33 ounce package of my brand for $12.98 at Walmart. The same amount would cost me close to $18.00 at my local chain groceteria.

I bought a very comfortable pair of shoes for $10.00, been wearing them for a couple of months. Liked them so much I bought a second pair to have when this pair wears out.

The White Stag brand of shirts and pants are true-to-my-size and I don't have to try them on.

As for the "People of Walmart" photos, I must say I've never seen any of these when I'm shopping. But then, I'm not looking for anyone to make fun of - I'm shopping.

There are three Walmarts within a 20 minute drive from my house. Somebody's shopping there.

I had to laugh at your first sentence because I sorta feel the same way. I have people say, "I'm going back to XXXX store" and all I say is, "Okay".

Our store is the only one in a 50+ mile radius so, of course, we get them ALL. The nicely dressed, the not so nicely dressed, the well off, the not so well off, the young, the old and the in between, etc. etc.. And still I have never seen the type of people who show up on that website. Once in a blue moon I'll see someone in PJ bottoms but that's about as 'wild' as they get.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:51 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
I DID, once, see an older woman who looked JUST like David Bowie in Labyrinth, and she was dressed in something like Elvis Presley would wear. I am not kidding. LOL

Old 08-08-2017, 02:41 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
Me, I don't give a rat's arse about any stigma. The place is inexpensive to shop at. I just make sure to use GermX liberally when I get back to my car.
Me neither. Embrace the stigmas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products