Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 04:44 PM

10,897 posts, read 7,393,957 times

Advertisements

I don't have prime, but free shipping for regular purchases is supposed to be 4 to 9 days. When my order hadn't even been shipped after nine business days, I asked what Amazon meant by "4 to 9 days". I got a similar run-around with no answer.

My husband wanted something heavy that didn't ship free without prime, so he signed up for the free 30-day trial. There was still a nominal shipping charge, but hubby decided to pay even a little extra to get it in two days, by Friday. Item didn't arrive until the following Monday.

So I conclude that Amazon's promises are meaningless. You'll get it whenever and just hope it's the right item.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 04:45 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Prime does not ever have shipping fees for two day delivery and the Prime 2 day guarantee is not the one being linked here, it is for Prime members only. You wouldn’t even see the two day delivery guarantee if you pull the item up and you dont have Prime. I dont know how else to drive it home but you’re just not correct.

The free shipping with $25 that non-Prime members get does not come with guaranteed 2 day delivery or any guaranteed delivery time. That is for Prime only, and again, never has shipping fees.
You are wrong about everything. I don't have Prime but I see the see the details about free shipping on every item.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
I use to have it then I found eBay is cheaper sometimes. I typically only get it for black friday and Prime day if deals are good and then cancel after I get my shipment.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:13 PM

50,797 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Never used Prime... a lot of people I know were very happy with it but now I hear grumblings.

Maybe it is better I never got involved.

Right Northern CA is inundated with smoke... worst air quality in the world this week.

N95 masks are in short supply... Amazon Prime is promising 2 day delivery... great if it really works but the Sacramento Hub is shut down due to smoke...

If it makes anyone feel better the USPS really screwed me up last year... sent 6 packages to business colleagues in Austria... paid $80 to ship ea.

What should have taken a few days took 5 weeks!!! The dumb Postal Employee... and this is not a word I use... coded each parcel for Australia instead of Austria... Austria was in block type as clear as a bell.

Those packages traveled half way around the world and the back to San Francisco to start their journey to Austria...
Yeah the post office is a whole Nother story. I don’t even know why they have tracking, it’s worthless.
Did you keep your clients?

Old 11-17-2018, 05:17 PM

50,797 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
You are wrong about everything. I don't have Prime but I see the see the details about free shipping on every item.
That is not prime shipping! Free shipping is not the same as prime two day shipping. If you have prime, and an item is eligible for prime today shipping it will say prime underneath the item. And it’ll say the two day shipping also. If you do not have prime that part will not even show up when you look at the item.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:33 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I just can't understand why someone would pay for Prime - in all the yrs. I've ordered things (granted not daily like some apparently) - I get things 99% of the time with a couple days.
Video and a bunch of other features, and with Prime for some items I get same day.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:34 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
It’s an $80 item though. Check the same for a $10 item and let us know.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:13 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Amazon has the worst shipping, except for everyone else. Feel free to skip Prime and enjoy your faster and more reliable shipping elsewhere. Oh wait. That's right. We've forgotten the old days when most places didn't even tell you when they shipped something and you just waited 2-4 weeks. That we're here thinking Amazon should be groveling and begging forgiveness and giving us something free because an order took 3 or 4 days to arrive speaks to the level of service we have come to expect.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:17 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Amazon has the worst shipping, except for everyone else. Feel free to skip Prime and enjoy your faster and more reliable shipping elsewhere. Oh wait. That's right. We've forgotten the old days when most places didn't even tell you when they shipped something and you just waited 2-4 weeks. That we're here thinking Amazon should be groveling and begging forgiveness and giving us something free because an order took 3 or 4 days to arrive speaks to the level of service we have come to expect.
Whatever you do, just make sure you ship it UPS, their tracking actually updates day-to-day.

FedEx seems to be operating on a one-day delay and USPS has two stages: 1.) There's not a package associated with that tracking number, and 2.) Delivered (updated 3 days after the fact).

Old 11-17-2018, 07:21 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I could care less. Almost everything make it by the deadline, and if they give me a $25 credit for their rare mistakes, I'm good.

Out of all the people to whom I give patronage, Amazon repeatedly gives superior service. Sure they have messed up once in awhile, but I do a LOT of business with them.

I've never felt that I do not get my monies worth with Prime. When I do? I'll cancel.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products