Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 10:26 PM

13,082 posts, read 18,974,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis. View Post
Auburn couldn't handle ACC speed as the game went on. lol

This should put Clemson over SC in the final rankings.
Maybe so, but Clemson doesn't deserve to be over USC in the final rankings. That's why they call it the Bull Crap Series. And it was Florida State speed, not ACC speed. Ask Tahj (sp).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 10:32 PM

467 posts, read 544,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Maybe so, but Clemson doesn't deserve to be over USC in the final rankings. That's why they call it the Bull Crap Series. And it was Florida State speed, not ACC speed. Ask Tahj (sp).
lol they would crush SC if they beat us bad.

No way you deserve to be ranked higher, we lost to the title team and then a top 10 team on the road. You lost to UGA, who Clemson beat, and Tenn. IF SC did not get lucky in scheduling a solid out of conference game in UCF than nobody would be even be trying to debate this. lol

ACC is 2-0 in BCS this year.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:45 PM

15,783 posts, read 9,644,908 times
Quote:
No way you deserve to be ranked higher, we lost to the title team and then a top 10 team on the road. You lost to UGA, who Clemson beat, and Tenn.
As bad as that game in Knoxville stunk, I would take that over that 51 to 17 blowout at home Clemson had to FSU any year.

See also the teams South Carolina beat who also won bowl games this year.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
As bad as that game in Knoxville stunk, I would take that over that 51 to 17 blowout at home Clemson had to FSU any year.

See also the teams South Carolina beat who also won bowl games this year.
you one of these guys who obsesses over scores. i think we had 3 turnovers in that game too. You always going to lose to other good teams about 50 percent of the time, not to programs like Tenn though

yeah Vanderbilt beat Houston, and MSU beat Rice. awesome Only Spurrier coudl work that into a talking opint. lol

one team you lost to lost their bowl game but u don't mention that. lol

Old 01-06-2014, 11:00 PM

If you play programs like Tennessee every year, you're eventually going to lose to them in years you have no business losing to them. As a Clemson fan, you should remember those years you lost to subpar teams in the ACC. Why, I'd imagine North Carolina will eventually lose to Clemson in basketball if they keep playing them enough.

And let's be honest. Losing by a touchdown or even ten points is a lot different than losing by 31 points. At home. on national TV.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
If you play programs like Tennessee every year, you're eventually going to lose to them in years you have no business losing to them. As a Clemson fan, you should remember those years you lost to subpar teams in the ACC. Why, I'd imagine North Carolina will eventually lose to Clemson in basketball if they keep playing them enough.

And let's be honest. Losing by a touchdown or even ten points is a lot different than losing by 31 points. At home. on national TV.
Clemson has beat UNC in basketball, just not at UNC, including one time in the ACC playoffs to get to the title game. Thanks for the sports history lesson though. lol

let's be honest, FSU is a lot better than Tenn and I think that was TEnn's first win in SEC in like 3 years. Tenn almost beat SC the year before in Columbia and SC has a tendency to play bad against lesser SEC teams.

I think ACC has been better than SEC the last 2 years. Even Duke is bringing it. I think Kentucky, Arkansas, and Tenn are def. worse than the bottom 3 of the ACC. lol SC's got 3 easy wins right there.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:19 PM

No ****, Sherlock, that FSU is better than Tennessee. But thanks for the history lesson, LOL.

"Almost beat" is still a loss no matter how you slice it. And Duke had a great year this year. Let's talk about Duke this time next year and see if they did as good again.

We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for smack talk. Both teams could finish in the Top 10 this year. Both went 11 and 2, both won the bowl games.

Of course, one team did beat the other one.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
No ****, Sherlock, that FSU is better than Tennessee. But thanks for the history lesson, LOL.

"Almost beat" is still a loss no matter how you slice it. And Duke had a great year this year. Let's talk about Duke this time next year and see if they did as good again.

We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for smack talk. Both teams could finish in the Top 10 this year. Both went 11 and 2, both won the bowl games.

Of course, one team did beat the other one.
lol, they are both in top 10 for sure. At least, if the BCS does a final ranking which i'm not sure about.

They are actually ranking UNC one spot above CLemson in ESPN's way tooe arly top 25 pre season rankings. I think the ACC will be better across the board next year.

we def have worn out this topic, i don't think i've talked this much about Clemson any season in my 18 years as a student/grad. lol

Old 01-07-2014, 04:35 AM

4,906 posts, read 7,502,606 times
Associated Press poll -- The AP Top 25 Poll | College Football

CBS Sports NCAA College Football Rankings - CBSSports.com

So far, so good.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:19 AM

13,082 posts, read 18,974,862 times
Quote:
Auburn couldn't handle ACC speed as the game went on. lol

This should put Clemson over SC in the final rankings.
4 is higher than 8.

Gamecocks finish with No. 4 ranking - David Cloninger - GoGamecocks.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina