Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2017, 02:26 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
My coworker told that McLaughlin Ford, will be moving out Broad street where all the other dealers are. He said near BWW I was thinking a hotel was going there. That entire area around McLaughlin Ford and the overpass there is supposed to be redone. Some homes and businesses in the area will be bought out.
Small correction here. I have a cousin who works at McLaughlin Ford, I talked with him today and he said they will be moving next to the Tractor Supply Co. and not BWW. The hotel is going up there, and they will be across from the Chrysler place. He said by the end of the or early next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
Interesting. Is there a timeframe for that to happen?
Are you talking about the road project? People who attended the public hearings received more detailed information and was given handouts of what the project is going to look like. I will try to get the paper from my cousin, and maybe I can have it posted on here. I don't know why information and images of the project is so hard to find. But the fact that the ford dealership is moving out of the way, is a sign that it can't be too far down the road.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:25 PM

143 posts, read 179,999 times
Here are pics of the TRU Hotel site on hwy 378. Not much activity lately.

Last edited by Downtnr; 04-09-2017 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 04-09-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Are you talking about the road project? People who attended the public hearings received more detailed information and was given handouts of what the project is going to look like. I will try to get the paper from my cousin, and maybe I can have it posted on here. I don't know why information and images of the project is so hard to find. But the fact that the ford dealership is moving out of the way, is a sign that it can't be too far down the road.
That would be great. I wonder how the absence of the dealership would impact that part of town. If the land area necessary for the Lafayette/378 interchange requires the land area usage of where McLaughlin is now, might it also require the clearing of the (gas station/carwash????) business on the other side as well (N Pike and Main)?

Old 04-09-2017, 01:30 PM

Yeah, I noticed that, they just moved some dirt around then stopped. The ford place should actually do better out there, the move will be a win win in my opinion

Old 04-09-2017, 03:05 PM

^^^ Also forgot to mention that the Courtyard by Marriott sign was removed next to it. The post and backing are still up but just no "Coming Soon" for that particular hotel.

This is the link for the approval application.

http://www.sumtersc.gov/Data/Sites/1...riott-city.pdf

Old 04-09-2017, 03:20 PM

Default Perfect day to take some pics

The Hyatt Place on Main Street is coming along very well. Enjoy.

Main Street view

Back parking lot view

Stretching over the fence

More stretching...looking at the rear side of Hampton's

Old 04-09-2017, 03:50 PM

Nice pics and thanks for posting. Yeah, the Hyatt Place is coming along just fine, and the parking deck is going up at the corner of Hampton and Sumter streets. That is a major facelift for downtown and should look pretty when done. Continue to post pictures, nice job.

Old 04-09-2017, 04:36 PM

Thank you ipaper. I have been meaning to get out there and take these for some time now and it was too nice of a day to not get out. I did have a few questions on some sites maybe someone can answer:

This was taken on E. Bartlette and I am standing in the Central Carolina Tech DT parking lot. Is this where the new water treatment facility is going?

This pic is taken from the same parking lot facing Main Street. Any news on this? It looks like it is primed to be restored.

..and finally, this sign has been up for several months at least. This is a rather large vacant and overgrown lot on North Pike heading towards 521 past Dillon Park and Safelite glass repair. Any information?

Thanks all!!!!

Old 04-09-2017, 04:56 PM

You are welcome, and I believe that where the new water dept. is going right across from the tech nursing school. I have never notice the community mental health sign and know nothing about it. I heard more bars are coming to the downtown area, so maybe that's what going on Watson building, but I'm really just guessing on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina