Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAChangeFromFL View Post
That would be a hell of a commute, LOL...you are talking 1 hour+ on a good day, EACH WAY. Traffic is terrible and Wesley Chapel is becoming horribly overcrowded. Not to mention it looks like Mr Rogers friggin neighborhood with all the cookie cutter houses six inches apart from each other....and where one subdivision ends, another starts.
I live near 54 in Wesley Chapel and take the LONG way just to avoid driving on it. To put it in perspective, we live about 8-9 miles or so from I-75 off 54...during rush hour (whcih seems to be ALL DAY), it takes me 30-40 minutes to get from my house to I-75.
That's not counting the additional 30 minutes it takes just to get into Tampa itself.
LOL, do you ever have anything positive to say about Florida LOL. Overcrowding is a problem in just about ever major/sub major city. It's 20 times worse in Atlanta than it is here in terms of traffic and commutes. Unless you want to live in a small country town, you will have to deal with the same factors no matter where you move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 03:23 PM

205 posts, read 989,800 times
LOL, do you ever have anything positive to say about Florida LOL. Overcrowding is a problem in just about ever major/sub major city.

Nope, not anything I can think of. I am well aware of the traffic in ATL and would never live in that city. All I am saying is that Wesley Chapel is NOT a major city...it is hardly a city in general, and the time it takes to even get through it to get to the interstate has become ridiculous since all the subdivisions have been built. Do you live in Wesley Chapel?? If not, I invite you to take I-75 to the SR54 exit one afternoon around 4pm or so...

Old 11-09-2007, 03:36 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Nope, not anything I can think of. I am well aware of the traffic in ATL and would never live in that city. All I am saying is that Wesley Chapel is NOT a major city...it is hardly a city in general, and the time it takes to even get through it to get to the interstate has become ridiculous since all the subdivisions have been built. Do you live in Wesley Chapel?? If not, I invite you to take I-75 to the SR54 exit one afternoon around 4pm or so...
You think the traffic is bad in Wesley Chapel? Wait until you see Kennesaw/West Cobb LOL!!!!!!!Barrett Parkway= just wonderful

Kennesaw, GA : View of Kennesaw Mountain. photo That looks pretty light in comparison to other times.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:13 PM

You do know that SR54 is a two lane road, correct? That traffic does not look too bad as compared to I-275 in rush hour or even Bruce B Downs during rush hour (nightmare).
Anyway, I am glad everyone is reading my other posts and assuming I am 100% moving to Kennesaw or ATL, LOL. I was curious about Kennesaw because it is close to ATL...don't want to live too close and didn't know know if it's a high crime city like ATL...I have honestly never been there. We are looking at Northern GA (just about anywhere) or western Piedmont/eastern mountain region of NC.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
We are looking at Northern GA (just about anywhere) or western Piedmont/eastern mountain region of NC.[/b]
If you are looking for peace,my suggestion would be to go further north into GA, into the mountains, perhaps into Tennessee (lower taxes than NC, no income tax). Can't say I have been into eastern TN, only into the mountains in WNC (very very very beautiful), but it appears that TN is less expensive and seems to offer similar pros.

Kennesaw is a very low crime city actually, nice area, but just warning you that if you think Tampa traffic is bad, anywhere within an hour outside of Atlanta is second to LA.

I don't know what this has to do with Wesley Chapel on my part, I sincerely apologize for the hijack, but it seems like a nice area, although I hear bad things about Pasco schools.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:41 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Let's get back on topic.. please

Old 11-10-2007, 02:57 PM

Good luck with that one...what size house are you looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealgirl7 View Post
oh, and we are looking at renting in the $1000 - $1400/mo range.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:12 PM

Interesting reading...

Tools - from TBO.com Blogs

MyFoxTampaBay

baynews9.com - IPolls

MyFox Tampa Bay | Putting traffic in the fast lane (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Traffic/Detail?contentId=4687312&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=10.3.1 - broken link)

Old 11-10-2007, 03:18 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
I know people who have went to Wesley Chapel whenever there was a possibility of an impending hurricane. Is it safer there as far as that goes?

Old 11-10-2007, 04:31 PM

No...not quite sure why anyone would come to Wesley Chapel if there was a hurricane coming. I guess it would really depend on the hurricane comes ashore. You're really not safe anywhere in FL when a hurricane comes. Like with Charley, for example, we were under mandatory evacuation and went into Orlando (as did half the population of Tampa, lol) and Charley ended up hitting pretty far south of us (Punta Gorda( and then came across the state and through Orlando....we ended up locked in our hotel by the police because half the electricity in the city was out (including the Hilton where we were at) and there was too many downed power lines and trees to leave.

Wesley Chapel (all of inland Pasco as well) has a higher incidence of tornado activity as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I know people who have went to Wesley Chapel whenever there was a possibility of an impending hurricane. Is it safer there as far as that goes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay