Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This is the first time I learn officially tat infra red cameras are installed inside the movie theater where the movies are watched. I expected it to be in hall ways but not inside the movie theater room itself.

I never saw any sign informing us about it or I must have missed it.

We are not doing anything wrong but still it feels like we are watched 24/7.

In a case like this it maybe helpful but still I think I rather sit in my own living room in the future as we already did more and more.

It is like big brother is watching you every step of the way and it probably I caused by some bad people and not because the theater likes it so much to spend all that money....maybe it has to do with people trashing the theaters.
You are weird. Cameras are everywhere - stores, restaurants, airports, schools (including daycare) - everywhere except changing rooms in stores and doctor offices and I am sure we all know why.

I don't have anything to hide, all I am doing in the movie theater - is watching movie. Perhaps people who don't want to be "watched" should stay at home all the time.

I really hope you are not trying to say the killer now should try to sue Cobb for installed cameras...

Old 02-06-2014, 07:19 AM

I read dozen of articles regarding last hearing. We all learned some details from witnesses.
I understand the hearing is about letting the killer go free until later, but I personally think this old dude needs to be in jail for now. It's so obvious he cannot control himself. I don't want him driving behind me or be next one in the grocery store check out line just in case something will pissed him off. He is mentally unstable and needs to be placed in medical facilities at very least.

All this testimonies about the killer being a nice guy XX years ago when he was working at Busch Gardens or from his daughter who biologically programmed to be on her father side worth nothing. We are in present time and see someone who killed innocent person for nothing.

I am not going to lie I was always on victim's side because it was obvious there were no threads to killer's life or reason for using gun. It was a good example about some people who feel power just because they have guns. And this guy needs to be punished - he killed innocent man, husband, father and ruined somebody's family.

And I am sure most people would react the way Chad reacted when someone would bother you about your cell phone use during PREVIEW, after that someone went to complain and watch after you, making comments and demands and even asked to throw the popcorn at him - basically initiating the conflict. Even killer's wife said there were no cause to shoot someone... I have zero sympathy for killer's family and don't care if the killer will not be around his kids or grandkids lives because Chad's daughter will never see her dad again....

Old 02-06-2014, 07:32 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Perhaps I'm weird as you say but I think it is pretty normal that people take their mess out of a movie theater after the movie has finished and the last movies I have seen in the theater I didn't see anything strange happening.

Maybe because I expect people to be good that is why I only expected cameras in hall ways of a theater and never gave it a thought.

Aside from that I don't do anything wrong so I don't mind too much about it but on the other hand I don't like to be watched 24/7 either since I don't know what strangers are doing with the info or images.

People can do strange things with cameras. We all have heard about cameras being used to sneak under women's skirts, etc.

But you are right if you don't want to be watched all the time you should stay home and that is what I already did more and more since I can drink and eat whatever I want without having people behind me putting their feet on my arm leg or pushing heir feet into my chair and being able to stop the movie for a break if we feel like it.

Sadly it will cost jobs if more people think like me since it is nice to see a movie on the big screen once in a while.

In our community we have pool monitors because some parents are too lazy too watch their own kids so others have to pay to keep other parents kids to behave and not to trash or vandalize our pool area...

That is what the world has become....being watched to behave!

Old 02-06-2014, 07:37 AM

You fail to say one thing....if you are wrong about something that you are not suppose to do, than the word "sorry" and stop doing it would be easy to solve the issue and not to have it escalate, especially if they other person seems to overreact.

I guess throwing popcorn (not normal either) and being the macho man to stand up for what in the first place was his wrong doing now cost his life! Is that worth it? I guess not and still I'm not blaming the victim for being shot since that should NEVER have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I read dozen of articles regarding last hearing. We all learned some details from witnesses.
I understand the hearing is about letting the killer go free until later, but I personally think this old dude needs to be in jail for now. It's so obvious he cannot control himself. I don't want him driving behind me or be next one in the grocery store check out line just in case something will pissed him off. He is mentally unstable and needs to be placed in medical facilities at very least.

All this testimonies about the killer being a nice guy XX years ago when he was working at Busch Gardens or from his daughter who biologically programmed to be on her father side worth nothing. We are in present time and see someone who killed innocent person for nothing.

I am not going to lie I was always on victim's side because it was obvious there were no threads to killer's life or reason for using gun. It was a good example about some people who feel power just because they have guns. And this guy needs to be punished - he killed innocent man, husband, father and ruined somebody's family.

And I am sure most people would react the way Chad reacted when someone would bother you about your cell phone use during PREVIEW, after that someone went to complain and watch after you, making comments and demands and even asked to throw the popcorn at him - basically initiating the conflict. Even killer's wife said there were no cause to shoot someone... I have zero sympathy for killer's family and don't care if the killer will not be around his kids or grandkids lives because Chad's daughter will never see her dad again....

Old 02-06-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You fail to say one thing....if you are wrong about something that you are not suppose to do, than the word "sorry" and stop doing it would be easy to solve the issue and not to have it escalate, especially if they other person seems to overreact.

I guess throwing popcorn (not normal either) and being the macho man to stand up for what in the first place was his wrong doing now cost his life! Is that worth it? I guess not and still I'm not blaming the victim for being shot since that should NEVER have happened.
There is no need to use word "sorry" if you didn't do anything wrong. Using cell phone is OK until the massage on the screen aired and light are partially off. If it bothers you someone is checking his phone - move away. Simple. No need to kill someone.

The killer was the initiator of this conflict - he was bothered by someone using cell phone. He was making comments and complaints and verbally attacked innocent man and provoke him for throwing a popcorn. There was nothing macho about that. Killer acted like a crazy macho my using his gun, so he deserves to be in prison.

Looks like you didn't even read recent articles with people testimonies...

Old 02-06-2014, 08:27 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I would be sure that the shooter had been in a grocery store,et al for many years and he never had to pull his weapon much less fire it. So suddenly he is some maniac? He carried a gun for years. No incidents where he threatened anyone. Surely he was in situations where he got angry, we all do, but he didnt shoot the cause of his anger.

If victim was so "innocent" he wouldnt be facing the shooter yelling at him and throwing anything at the shooter.

If victim would not have escalated the situation after shooter returned to his seat he would still be alive today. We reap what we sow.

Quote:

Old 02-06-2014, 08:56 AM

790 posts, read 1,268,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I would be sure that the shooter had been in a grocery store,et al for many years and he never had to pull his weapon much less fire it. So suddenly he is some maniac? He carried a gun for years. No incidents where he threatened anyone. Surely he was in situations where he got angry, we all do, but he didnt shoot the cause of his anger.

If victim was so "innocent" he wouldnt be facing the shooter yelling at him and throwing anything at the shooter.

If victim would not have escalated the situation after shooter returned to his seat he would still be alive today. We reap what we sow.
LOL yea ok buddy, so you are telling us that if someone threw a piece of pocorn at you, you would shoot them?

Old 02-06-2014, 08:57 AM

It aired at least 4-5 times by the time of the incident!

The warning comes prior to the previews are starting and according to witness statements the previews had started! So he was wrong about that part.

I disagree with who was the initiator since the one who started to do something that is repeatedly asked not to do kept doing was the first to start doing something wrong.

Again I'm not in favor of the shooter so please don't get me wrong.

Nowadays it is always someone else's fault but people should start to realize where and what happened first...

This entire issue should have been handled differently by both parties but if you just go by the fact who was wrong in the first place than it is the one who didn't follow the rules of the Theater!

The other party should have handled it differently in the 2nd place and the victim shouldn't have put more fire on the issue....

The shooter is completely wrong for pulling a gun and shooting!

Quote:
There is no need to use word "sorry" if you didn't do anything wrong. Using cell phone is OK until the massage on the screen aired and light are partially off. If it bothers you someone is checking his phone - move away. Simple. No need to kill someone.

The killer was the initiator of this conflict - he was bothered by someone using cell phone. He was making comments and complaints and verbally attacked innocent man and provoke him for throwing a popcorn. There was nothing macho about that. Killer acted like a crazy macho my using his gun, so he deserves to be in prison.

Looks like you didn't even read recent articles with people testimonies...

Old 02-06-2014, 09:01 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

After you have witnesses on the record saying that the shooter stated "ill teach you not to throw popcorn" or something of the kind, and the accused did not dispute that he did say that, it is done no more excuses nothing to explain, clearly he shot him for throwing popcorn at him, he got popcorn thrown at his face and he thought oh now i am going to shoot this guy, but first let me tell him whats coming to him then ill shoot him, then he shot him, it was not reactionary it was thought out, someone who thinks the correct response to someone throwing popcorn in your face is shooting him should not be in society.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:05 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
No. However if I felt fear for my well being I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
LOL yea ok buddy, so you are telling us that if someone threw a piece of pocorn at you, you would shoot them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay