Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 08:47 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Jealous of what?
For the record, I live in Pinellas County.

Did someone pee in your Cheerios this morning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 03:08 PM

4 posts, read 2,547 times
It doesn't matter where you live because your offensive viewpoint is still an inaccurate. Lastly, your "Childish" Cherrios remark defines your STUPIDITY!

Old 02-11-2022, 03:26 PM

17,179 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eocsor View Post
It doesn't matter where you live because your offensive viewpoint is still an inaccurate. Lastly, your "Childish" Cherrios remark defines your STUPIDITY!
Doesn't matter where I live... Yet you said something about jealousy, when I live in one of the most desirable places in the same county as St-Pete. Okay!

Also... Who is being childish here? "Mentally disabled, drugs...?" For having a different viewpoint than yours?

Again, did someone pee in your Cheerios this morning? (Also, learn how to spell.)

Fact is, St-Petersburg, outside of downtown, is a slow, quiet, and yes, BLAND city, with each block basically being a copy-paste of itself across the city.
Tampa is a much bigger city across all fronts, and has a much wider variety of distinct neighborhoods. Is this even an argument? If so, I'd like to hear your objections.

By the way, I prefer St-Pete over Tampa in general... But that is not the point, as the post I responded to did not ask about preference in any way shape or form. Comprehension is key, for you might very well get called out for "your STUPIDITY" in return.

Old 02-11-2022, 04:06 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,862,895 times
St. Petersburg is more liberal and "hippish". Tampa is more business like in comparison. St Pete has a better down town for sure. Tampa uses their coastal areas for shipping, military and private business use while St. Pete use it for more parks and outdoor recreational stuff.

Old 02-11-2022, 05:30 PM

4 posts, read 2,547 times
Your diplomatic assessment is correct.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:30 PM

42 posts, read 53,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
The rest of the city, outside of downtown and immediate surroundings, is quite ugly and bland IMO.
But its downtown core is quite amazing compared to other Florida cities, perhaps only rivaled by South Eola/Thornton Park in Downtown Orlando.

I agree that overall, Tampa has a lot more to offer, as there are a plethora of great neighborhoods to explore.

Now, if we do county vs county, we have a different debate.
From just driving around running errands, here are nice houses in Old NE and Allendale Terrance.

A typical block has mostly old row housing, with a sketchyish church a block or so away and an ugly strip mall 3-4 blocks away that seems out of place. Classic florida vibe IMO, sort of seems out the streets of a grand theft auto game, lol.

Overall that is irrelevant to tampa having more going on for a younger person, though.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:45 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks everything outside of Downtown St.Pete/Environs is bland and ugly are either blind, jealous, mentally disabled, or on powerful drugs. The only thing Tampa has more than St. Pete is strip clubs, divisive interstates, and rundown neighborhood.

The area outside of Downtown St. Pete is very ugly. I do like the downtown area a lot though.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:33 PM

113 posts, read 90,006 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks everything outside of Downtown St.Pete/Environs is bland and ugly are either blind, jealous, mentally disabled, or on powerful drugs. The only thing Tampa has more than St. Pete is strip clubs, divisive interstates, and rundown neighborhood.

well, it IS Florida ya know!

Old 02-19-2022, 12:38 PM

42 posts, read 53,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Check out South Howard, maybe that’s more your scene.
I spent some time in South Howard and channelside last night. Both overall seems nice and with a young crowd. I think channelside is really cool, and it has a nice metropolitian vibe. While exploring, I do get what some people say about parts of downtown tampa being a bit quiet but I still like it.

South Howard was definitely different at night than during the day. I liked it a lot it seemed very new looking and safe as well. While it does not have the same urban vibe as channelside, it is super walkable, and probably has more nightlife.

I guess SoHO "South Howard" is really a street in hyde park, so there are apartments near soho/hyde park area that I could look into as well. The buildings in those neighborhoods seem older and much less likely to be a new high rise or something, which seems to make them cheaper compared to some of the options in downtown Tampa. SoHo proper seems similarly priced to chennelside

Old 02-21-2022, 10:00 AM

113 posts, read 90,006 times
St Pete DOES have a bit of a weird vibe compared to TPA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay