Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 10:52 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,377,898 times

Advertisements

Can you two just knock it off and stop worrying about being "most right"?

Geez, I feel like I'm on the kindergarten playground reading this.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2022, 11:18 AM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
If Tampa Bay is at least for now drained out of water from negative storm surge, would it be a bad idea to wander deep into the sands of Tampa Bay’s empty bay, set up camp on that new land that used to be water, And bring picnic food and place a tent with a golf cart?

Real estate inflation has made it expensive to buy real estate in Tampa in 2022 so I appreciate this new land to build on in the Bay. I am willing to pay $500,000 for 1/4 acre of land to build on in the bay provided the negative storm surge doesn’t come roaring back. Good or bad idea?
Asinine idea or a not-very-funny joke. Slow or fast, storm surge or not, tomorrow or 1 year from now, the Bay will refill. Even if the water doesn't cover that previously submerged land, the soils will be too saturated to use. Ever heard of sea level rise?

Old 09-29-2022, 03:13 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
Wesley Chapel and Lutz got lucky. Only a part of Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills were without power.
Polk County and Lithia - I saw more damage. Many destroyed pool cages, many huge fallen trees too both on the road and on people's porches and houses including our friends' houses, damaged fences and roofs... Of course it's not that bad as South from us, I cannot even look at the after hurricane pictures. I know people who still cannot return home up there because their entire community is under water. Devastating.

Old 09-29-2022, 03:41 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
You’re quite the idiot aren’t you… The entire article is comparing the drainage of the Bay to 2017, when Irma hit. The water “rushing back in” is from Irma in 2017. Again, it is clear that you don’t read what you post, as there are numerous references to Irma in that article.

No one said the water would never come back. It came back gently. There were no crashing waves. There was no water from the bay on land. There was never any “rush.”

The scenario is similar to what happened to Tampa Bay area waters in September 2017, when Hurricane Irma rolled up the eastern Gulf of Mexico

Then it proceeds to say the water COULD rise above normal levels like it did with Irma, when the winds pushed waters back in — it never did. It came back, gently.
1960 was worse i if remember right. Plus the track of Irma and this storm norm were diff.

Old 09-29-2022, 05:21 PM

1,200 posts, read 619,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Can you two just knock it off and stop worrying about being "most right"?

Geez, I feel like I'm on the kindergarten playground reading this.

RM
Agree! I'm looking for updates since I have relatives that live in Tampa Bay and I don't need to read kiddie comments.

Old 09-29-2022, 05:32 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
Agree! I'm looking for updates since I have relatives that live in Tampa Bay and I don't need to read kiddie comments.
What part of Tampa Bay? St-Pete has some damage. There are a few downed trees/power poles in North Pinellas and around Tampa. Damage other than that is very minimal in the Tampa Bay area.

Old 09-30-2022, 12:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
I was wrong! Somewhere I said our buildings are better built than Cuba or Haiti...NOW!!
I see 3 miles in from the ocean some homes are GONE!

BUT - one woman with her dog said they floated on their mattress with ONE foot of air left
at the ceiling!
Oh my goodness!

Old 09-30-2022, 12:59 AM

284 posts, read 164,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
My neighbor spent the past 2 days sandbagging and boarding up his entire home. He and his family fled to Orlando yesterday afternoon in fear of this impending DOOM that was being predicted. As of right now, we’ve experienced nothing more than light rain/wind which I am grateful for. I’ve seen worse weather on a random Monday afternoon during rainy season.
Would you be singing the same song if the forces of nature didnt turn Ian east hours before turning your life into a nightmare?

Old 09-30-2022, 05:26 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
Yes, we were very lucky!
❤️

Old 09-30-2022, 08:22 AM

982 posts, read 608,715 times
I hope to keep going with this thread and hopefully, people will check in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay