Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times

Advertisements

This is the very reason Florida and California are in trouble . They give and give and give and yet people who really need the help cannot get it because of people like this woman and yes as another poster stated I fear for these children growing up and thinking this is how people live !!And shame on those social agencys for helping her pay debt that she herself incured , boy I wish someone could pay off my credit card like that . This woman should have been taught how to go out and get a job instead of how you get social agencys to pay your bills !!! and if the social worker really wanted to help they should have offered free daycare . Oh man this makes me so mad .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 11:32 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,154,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
This is the very reason Florida and California are in trouble . They give and give and give and yet people who really need the help cannot get it because of people like this woman and yes as another poster stated I fear for these children growing up and thinking this is how people live !!And shame on those social agencys for helping her pay debt that she herself incured , boy I wish someone could pay off my credit card like that . This woman should have been taught how to go out and get a job instead of how you get social agencys to pay your bills !!! and if the social worker really wanted to help they should have offered free daycare . Oh man this makes me so mad .

It explains CT also. I once read an article (it was from 2006) about what assistance is equal to in pay. CT was $14 and change. So people were getting paid that much to do things like this, while others work their tail of for less. Here in my city, people are proud to live off the system and make sure their kids know that's they way to do it, and they brag about it. They think the world owes them everything.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:34 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yeah but the other choices are worse so this is a problem every society has to face. Kids usually grow in worst conditions when they are raised by foster parents and if we don't give them foodstamps/cash & housing assistance, these children will starve and suffer.

All we can do is support them, not because we care for those parents but because those children will turn into criminals faster if they don't get government support. We cannot change people, that's unrealistic and futile. However the fact that her child brought a weapon to school it's a red flag and probably these kids are better off with foster parents.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:43 PM

216 posts, read 829,498 times
Someone should teach her to keep her legs together.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:49 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar1lyn27 View Post
Someone should teach her to keep her legs together.
Back in the day leg irons and a head stock would have been used. That would have cured the problem. I'm not for letting the guys off the hook either. Mandated child support or castration or both. Send a message that can be heard loud and clear.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:15 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Sparkling new home awaits........

http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/659/372/2010/04/21/42725_angel-adams.jpg (broken link)

Mother, 12 children leave motel for new home

Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 PM

They aren't cheaper by the dozen.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:14 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,320,773 times
Maybe we should invite Octomom to join her and throw them a party! Uggghhhh (lol)

Old 04-27-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deef1 View Post
Maybe we should invite Octomom to join her and throw them a party! Uggghhhh (lol)
Where? When?

Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,924 times
Oh man. She's not even grateful. I saw her on the news last night. She wouldn't be happy no matter what she got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: