Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 12:45 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Have you ever listened to a Atlanta sports radio station. It amazes me how much they discuss the Dallas Cowboys but than again a big chunk of the city of Atlanta are Cowboys fans. What Spade has been trying to get through your thick skull is Cowboys fans don't care about the Texans.
Same thing in Los Angeles. They talk about the Cowboys all the time there because of the huge fanbase there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 01:12 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
No because I would'nt care to know about them. The only other time I care about the other team is if they are our rivals. It was obvious since I lived in Washington that I would get to know them more. But now that I live in Chicago and I do indeed know Chicago bear fans and I listen to the score. I don't care to know anything about them.
Well, that's you. When you have friends telling you things like "Sean Lee is going to be the next Keith Brooking" or "AOA is going to be the best Dallas corner in a few years", then you can't help but take a little notice. Hell, I have even made some of my friends who are Cowboys fans know more about the Texans just because I'm a fan. All watched the Colts at Texans games, for example. All knew about Arian Foster and the Texans' secret project in Dorin Dickerson, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
you are right. I don't hear crap about Dallas here. Hear lots about Austin and San Antonio, but not much about Dallas. I don't think people think much of Dallas like Dallasites would have other believe.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Have you ever listened to a Atlanta sports radio station. It amazes me how much they discuss the Dallas Cowboys but than again a big chunk of the city of Atlanta are Cowboys fans. What Spade has been trying to get through your thick skull is Cowboys fans don't care about the Texans.
Cowboys fans are everywhere (a reason why many call them bandwagoners). They are the Lakers and Yankees of the NFL. Every sport has that kind of team. And you don't speak for all Cowboys fans. We have plenty of Cowboys fans at the Texans board, that like to discuss the Texans with us.

Quote:
Because you said it, not me. You said we need to trade them to the Packers for a guard and what's the point of having three rb's on the team. I agree in principle. But if you cannot get what you need for the right price, what's the point of making the trade just to make it. That's the part you don't understand. The Packers would give us a guard if we traded Choice to them. That's not what we need. Barber is also not the weak link. He's just misused.
I just put the Packers as an example, since they just lost Grant for the season. They'd probably pay a high price, since they're desperate. And it's not making a trade just to make it. Getting so few carries a game does not let the RB get into a rhythm. I've heard it a lot around DFW that Barber is the weak link. Choice provides a lot of Barber's toughness, but is also quicker than Barber. Felix has the speed. Barber is starting to break down, in my opinion, but he's smart and running out of bounds more instead of trying to plow over people.

Quote:
That does not mean they are overrated. And yes, Haynesworth didn't play well last year on that line. But Orakpo did. So did Fletcher at the LB spot. I hate the Skins. But a bad or overrated defense is something that they do not have. All of their problems last year stemmed on offense and special teams. This is a first that I'm hearing the Redskins have an overrated defense when the statistics and play proved otherwise. Their defense last year kept them in many close games.
I don't know. Like you said earlier, the Cowboys had no problem moving the ball against them. The Cowboys just do what the Cowboys do and didn't convert in the the red zone (or at least when they got near the red zone). I just think their defense is overrated this year because of the switch to the 3-4, a system their DC has never ran.

Quote:
I never said you did ask a redskin fan and I never said that the Ravens aren't shown in the DC area. I said I don't care about some link because I'm going by personal experience over a link. Also, once again, the Cowboys are shown more than the Ravens in the DC area simply because more people in the DC area want to see the Cowboys over the Ravens. And it's coming out now that this was only for the Baltimore tv stations, not Washington DC. So WUSA9 will show the Redskin game in it's entirety. So no, it doesn't go against what I'm saying. My point though anyway initially is that the Redskin fans do not care about the Ravens.
Of course, and I never stated that Redskins fans care about the Ravens. Though, it appears Cowboys fans don't care about the Redskins. Last time I checked, Dallas is the only market in Texas not showing the Texans (team they will play a week after) at Redskins (long-time division rival) game. Instead, the Patriots at the overrated Jets are being shown (times like these is why I need Sunday Ticket).

Quote:
I said over the past couple of years. Not now. But over the last few years, there have been all type of jokes and dissing of Romo, Jerry, and the franchise. Hell, there's one on the Texans board now.
Link?

Quote:
I'm going to kill the thread. Because it would be obvious that I'm talking to a child.
Well listen bruh, I'm not falling back, so you're gonna have to kill the thread.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
regarding whether or not the Cowboys will make it to the SuperBowl--
article in FTW paper's sport section had quote from Phillip's--
basically he said that people should not be worried the Cowboys were struggling until after FIVE GAMES--if they were still having trouble scoring from the red zone after 5 games then people had a right to criticize their performance--
that says it all--
if he thinks he has FIVE games in his division play to see whether or not he has a problem scoring from the red zone--that just shows he is totally unfit to coach in NFL--and why he is maybe a decent defensive coordinator but just don't not have the smarts/talent/whatever to understand how to run a team...
wait 5 games to decide of scoring from the red zone is an issue--
check your stats WADE
this is good article explaining how weak the Cowboys' red zone efficiency is and that it did not start with this first game of this season...
Spagnola: Red Zone Inefficiency Cramps Cowboys (http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=05228F51-E17D-5A31-6E4780FDA63B04ED - broken link)

this weakness started in 07 --what else started in 07???
Jason Garrett became offensive coordinator---

Old 09-17-2010, 10:18 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Same thing in Los Angeles. They talk about the Cowboys all the time there because of the huge fanbase there.
You wish.

California & Texas (with the exception of a couple of cities having their similarities) are complete opposites of each other. Nobody there cares anything about the Dallas Cowboys & vice versa.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:57 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
You wish.

California & Texas (with the exception of a couple of cities having their similarities) are complete opposites of each other. Nobody there cares anything about the Dallas Cowboys & vice versa.
Cowboys did hold some training camps in Oxnard (which isn't LA). There are probably some fans up there because of that.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Cowboys did hold some training camps in Oxnard (which isn't LA). There are probably some fans up there because of that.
I don't know why they feel a need to have this grand world tour during training season. Its obviously hurting more than helping them. Their losing first game against Houston, which Dallas of course blamed on a "hectic" pre-season schedule. Pssh...gimme a break!

Why couldn't they just train at Valley Ranch like they used to?

Old 09-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I don't know why they feel a need to have this grand world tour during training season. Its obviously hurting more than helping them. Their losing first game against Houston, which Dallas of course blamed on a "hectic" pre-season schedule. Pssh...gimme a break!

They haven't held training camp at Valley Ranch for nearly two to four decades. They held training camp in Austin when they won superbowls. They held training camp in California in the 70s when they went to 5 superbowls winning 2 of them. Dallas has always marketed it's franchise around the country. You forget that this is a business and this helps Dallas become one of the most successful, most profitable franchises in American sports. And it doesn't matter if California and Texas are polar opposites to become a fan in sports. Hell, it doesn't stop the Washington DC area from having so many Cowboy fans. In fact, they sell Cowboy apparel side by side with Redskin apparel and Washington DC and Texas are polar opposites from each other. There's also a very large Cowboy fan base in New Jersey.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2485_HarrisInteractive:_Cowboys,_Patriots_natio n's_most_popular_teams.html
BTW, Dallas was voted number 1 again in 2009 and 2010.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
They haven't held training camp at Valley Ranch for nearly two to four decades. They held training camp in Austin when they won superbowls. They held training camp in California in the 70s when they went to 5 superbowls winning 2 of them. Dallas has always marketed it's franchise around the country. You forget that this is a business and this helps Dallas become one of the most successful, most profitable franchises in American sports. And it doesn't matter if California and Texas are polar opposites to become a fan in sports.
Honestly dude, nobody cares for the Tarrant County Cowboys outside of Texas.

Get over yourselves.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:

Get over yourselves.
It is you that needs to get over yourself. You are the one obsessing over the Cowboys and everything that is the city of Dallas. You hardly have anything positive to say about the region and especially the city. BTW, for the last time, Dallas Cowboys operations and Valley Ranch is still in Dallas County.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:30 PM

216 posts, read 444,536 times
Quote:

You love talking about **** you have absolutely no idea about, don't you?

Quote:

Get over yourselves.

Poor Matt is losing it. If only you had a team to root for. How is UT-Tyler doing this year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas