Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 04:05 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
The Texans haven't even been a team for a decade yet. But, just like Cowboys fans always do, when the going gets tough in the present, they revert back to the past. As if the past helps the team currently at all.
We wouldn't talk about the past if we didn't see other fans obsess over every little damn thing the Cowboys do. If Houston lost yesterday, I doubt any Cowboy fan would care and start making little nice jokes about your team. I know I or any other Cowboy fan in Texas I know wouldn't.

Oh and nobody said that any of our backs are top 15. Having a top 15 back means nothing anyway as long as our running game is good which it is. The problem is that Garrett got away from it.

I am concerned about my team but not worried. Week 1 does not a season make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 06:52 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
We wouldn't talk about the past if we didn't see other fans obsess over every little damn thing the Cowboys do. If Houston lost yesterday, I doubt any Cowboy fan would care and start making little nice jokes about your team. I know I or any other Cowboy fan in Texas I know wouldn't.
Of course not, because the Texans fans didn't crown themselves Super Bowl locks like MANY Cowboys fans did before the season. Cowboys fans were the ones saying the first team's play in the preseason didn't matter. Well, the Cowboy team that showed up on Sunday looked like the same team that showed up in the preseason.

And don't act like it's just Texans fans. It's all fans of the NFL currently laughing at the Cowboys due to the Cowboys' fans offseason predictions for the team.

Quote:
Oh and nobody said that any of our backs are top 15. Having a top 15 back means nothing anyway as long as our running game is good which it is. The problem is that Garrett got away from it.
It's alright. Marion and Felix only got 8 carries each, and Choice had 5. That isn't going to cut it. If Jones were smart, he'd trade one of them for some OL depth (probably trade Choice). It amazes me why he would draft Bryant, knowing full well that his team doesn't have any OL depth. He can't run a team. The talent that is on the Cowboys is because of Parcells, IMO.

Quote:
As you should be concerned. If they lay another egg next week against the Bears, you should definitely be worried. Week 1 doesn't make a season, but the Cowboys have looked no different than they did in the regular season. Undisciplined and not motivated.

Edit: And you know full well that if the Cowboys had won that game, your fellow fans would not stop talking about it. Well, at least that's how it is in DFW.

Last edited by Trae713; 09-13-2010 at 07:24 PM..

Old 09-13-2010, 07:07 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post

Dallas did it to themselves & made their own team the laughing stock of the NFL these past 15 years.

They are the ones trotting all over the globe calling themselves "America's Team", no one else. They talk about going to the Super Bowl every year before the pre-season even begins. Its called getting jinxed.

I haven't taken Dallas seriously ever since Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson because he wanted to coach the team HIS way.

Oh & lets not forget this famous commercial...

Troy Aikman - "Wingstop is the official wing of the Dallas Cowboys".

Jerry Jones - "And that makes Wingstop the official wing of ME!".

Egotistical son of a *****

Maybe his plastic surgeon will slip & carve his face up like a Thanksgiving Turkey for the big game of the season. He looked like Skeletor last go around.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 09-13-2010 at 07:17 PM..

Old 09-13-2010, 09:27 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
The Papa John's commercial which is being shown currently is horrifyingly bad. It just shows that ol' Jerry will do anything for a buck.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:21 PM

I just visited ExtremeSkins (Redskins site), and I have to say, they have the absolute dumbest and most idiotic fanbase ever. I see why Cowboys fans hate them so much.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:28 AM

216 posts, read 444,536 times
Quote:
The Texans haven't even been a team for a decade yet. But, just like Cowboys fans always do, when the going gets tough in the present, they revert back to the past. As if the past helps the team currently at all.

Who's reverting to the past? I'm referring to this most recent decade, the 2000's, which have obviously been the worst decade in Cowboy history. And by winning one itty bitty playoff game last year we've accomplished more than you're entire franchise has.

Again, wait until Houston actually achieves something of significance before running over here to talk smack after a week 1 win.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnZ View Post
Who's reverting to the past? I'm referring to this most recent decade, the 2000's, which have obviously been the worst decade in Cowboy history. And by winning one itty bitty playoff game last year we've accomplished more than you're entire franchise has.

Again, wait until Houston actually achieves something of significance before running over here to talk smack after a week 1 win.
Congrats on that one playoff win! And why can't we talk smack? Because the Cowboys have won one playoff game since the Texans have been in the league? Please. All preseason, many Cowboys fans were saying they only looked horrible because they were playing "vanilla" and that against the Redskins, it would be different. Looks like the Cowboys fans who thought that were completely wrong. This current regular season Cowboys team looks no different than the ones playing the "vanilla" offense in the preseason. Wade should not be a head coach, and Jerry Jones should not be a GM.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:46 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times
Quote:
Congrats on that one playoff win! And why can't we talk smack? Because the Cowboys have won one playoff game since the Texans have been in the league? Please. All preseason, many Cowboys fans were saying they only looked horrible because they were playing "vanilla" and that against the Redskins, it would be different. Looks like the Cowboys fans who thought that were completely wrong. This current regular season Cowboys team looks no different than the ones playing the "vanilla" offense in the preseason. Wade should not be a head coach, and Jerry Jones should not be a GM.
...and Romo needs hearing aids because he can't hear the plays being called, supposedly.

Either that or Yoko Romo can't get his break up with Jessica Simpson off his mind.

Watching the Dallas Cowboys is like watching a bunch of criminals & circus clowns play professional football, seriously.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:33 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Can the Cowboys make it to their own Super Bowl? It'd be nice if they did. But can they? No. Not after the way they played Sunday against the Redskins. The early favorites would be the Colts (AFC) and Saints (NFC), but the Cowboys shouldn't be overlooked if they start playing better. And there's a team in Southeast Texas that just beat Indianapolis this past Sunday, and although I don't believe the Texans will get as far as the Super Bowl this year, they may play a spoiler role in the Colts' run this year and, perhaps, disrupt the Cowboys' quest, as well.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallas did it to themselves & made their own team the laughing stock of the NFL these past 15 years.

They are the ones trotting all over the globe calling themselves "America's Team", no one else. They talk about going to the Super Bowl every year before the pre-season even begins. Its called getting jinxed.

I haven't taken Dallas seriously ever since Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson because he wanted to coach the team HIS way.

Oh & lets not forget this famous commercial...

Troy Aikman - "Wingstop is the official wing of the Dallas Cowboys".

Jerry Jones - "And that makes Wingstop the official wing of ME!".

Egotistical son of a *****

Maybe his plastic surgeon will slip & carve his face up like a Thanksgiving Turkey for the big game of the season. He looked like Skeletor last go around.
Jealousy is an ugly thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas