Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 AM

385 posts, read 1,555,912 times

Advertisements

We must have some type of accent. When I have traveled to Europe I have often been asked if I was from Australia. My father's relatives were from Georgia so occassionally we would come out with a y'all and "we are fixin to...." after they visited us. That is the truth about California-diversity in many areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,287,346 times
I've worked with some people from CA and I would have to say that they do have an accent. Everyone does as far as that goes.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
No, I don't go to McDonalds for anything! lol I don't know what Central Market is.

I live near 75 in Plano, so most of my restaurant experiences have been along 75. Crab Shack, etc.....
Then if you go to the normal "chains" all your going to find are majority fried foods including fish but they still have a few blackened or grilled fish items. Central Market is a specialty grocery store and is DIVINE! I can not go there hungry or I'd be needing a big truck to carry my purchases home. Some of their items I can live w/o but they do have items you won't find at the typicaly grocery store. They are on Coit at 190. Have you tried Fishmongers in Plano on Central at Park? They are a restaurant and fish market. They offer fried, grilled and blackened fish options. Another good place w/ lots of options besides fried is Fish City Grill. We have one in the Firewheel Mall and they have some really good offerings. On the specials if you want to substitute a different sauce you can.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:08 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,287,346 times
There is a new Central Market in Southlake but I shop at the one in Fort Worth. They are originally out of Austin like Whole Foods. I love both stores.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:13 PM

875 posts, read 1,093,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Uuuuuuuuuh nope, not so far. Californians do have an accent; there's no need to be defensive about it. I accept that I have a Texas accent, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
I'm not ashamed of it at all. You're the first person who has ever told me Californians have an accent though, in any state. Maybe it's because we don't have a drawl?

Old 11-05-2007, 01:55 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Quote:
I'm not ashamed of it at all. You're the first person who has ever told me Californians have an accent though, in any state. Maybe it's because we don't have a drawl?

It's not a drawl, it's more of a nasal-ish whine.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:58 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times
I call BS.....................

Old 11-05-2007, 04:17 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:
No, it's because you (Californians) have an accent. Californians never think they have an accent...they think their accent is the "standard" accent in the USA. It isn't.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:43 PM

8 posts, read 31,381 times
I'm a Native Texan. Austin is now considered the California of Texas. Texans seem friendly because they are not as rude as New Yorkers or Californians. However, we generally don't care for Yankees in general or Californians who drive up the prices on real estate. San Antonio, Austin and the Hill Country looks nothing like California imaterry78259 unless you're on some serious meds. I've been to CA SOCAL and NOCAL multiple times which is beautiful but people are superficial and think too highly of themselves. They mock TX then run to get here as fast as they can if they can sell their matchbox houses.

I personally give everyone a chance on an individual basis. Texas is very backward especially the so called "justice" system. Look online for the Texas Statues and watch your ass. Lots of good 'ole boy cops in Austin and surrounding areas love to round up them fruits and nuts that belong in California and them *****osexuals. (See Family Guy for explanation).

I'm glad to be out of Texas for good. Keep living your fantasy. Also checkout Scorecard Home and enter your zip code to see how polluted your neighborhood is and the pollutants. Those of you living in Houston/Harris County are in the Cancer Capital of the USA! Have a nice day! Californey is the place you outta be...

Old 11-05-2007, 04:45 PM

8 posts, read 31,381 times
Everybody from California talks like Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High! It's hilarious. They don't get any jokes and all they talk about is how great California is and how good they look. It's comical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas