Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2015, 12:35 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,401,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What is "Animal Style", what is a "Fat Burger", if the menu is "secret" how the f' am I supposed to know whats on it?
You look at the website. Really 'secret' menu is just Californian for 'being a member of the In N Out club'. If they had a real secret menu then you could maybe get a giro or spaghetti or anything other than just a plain hamburger, but it's not really a secret menu, it's the normal menu stuff put together a bit differently but only listed on the website, not on the menu board in the stores.

Animal Style means grilled onions and 1000 Island secret sauce. It's ok, nothing special. You can also get it on the fries.

Fat Burger is another hamburger restaurant chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 05:54 PM

237 posts, read 499,237 times
In addition to the sauce and grilled onions mentioned by Overdog, animal style burger patties are cooked in mustard.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:33 PM

657 posts, read 739,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzro View Post
In addition to the sauce and grilled onions mentioned by Overdog, animal style burger patties are cooked in mustard.
This doesnt sound good at all.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:38 PM

8 posts, read 17,923 times
In N Outs are, sadly better than Whataburgers now. Might not have been the case in the old days. Burgers were huge and inputs were top notch. Fuddruckers kicked ass back then too!

The Town I was born in matured into a City!

Old 09-03-2015, 04:43 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzro View Post
Blech! Sorry - sounds awful.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:51 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,390,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Blech! Sorry - sounds awful.
I have to agree. Guess I'll go try an In-N-Out burger so I can say I've "truly lived". Funny, all this time I thought I had a life long before a California company opened up in Texas.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:07 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
What is "Animal Style", what is a "Fat Burger", if the menu is "secret" how the f' am I supposed to know whats on it?
Never heard of Fat Burger?

Ice Cube has referenced it like a million times...

Old 09-03-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I have to agree. Guess I'll go try an In-N-Out burger so I can say I've "truly lived". Funny, all this time I thought I had a life long before a California company opened up in Texas.
I guess if it's around noon or maybe 7 pm, and I inadvertently stumble across an In N Out place, and I'm really, really hungry and for some bizarre reason, I have a hankering for a burger (doesn't happen often but I'd be lying if I said I NEVER want a fast food burger!), I'll meander into the place.

But only if I don't see a Dairy Queen or Jucy's first.

Like you, I am surprised to find that apparently I have not, up to this point in my 53 years, actually been alive. Imagine that. This is going to be difficult to explain to the kids.

Maybe I should just keep it to myself.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Never heard of Fat Burger?

Ice Cube has referenced it like a million times...
Who is Ice Cube?

Just kidding. But barely. I can assure you I've never intentionally listened to anything out of his mouth. And yet...I feel so...alive!

Old 09-03-2015, 08:57 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,390,208 times
Okay, so today I happened to be near In-And-Out a little after lunchtime and decided to follow through on my statement above. Here was my experience:

Went through the drive-through because it was that kind of day. Parking lot was nearly deserted. Got in line, placed my order, pulled up. I happened to be able to see a clock in the kitchen that was counting up - don't know if it was for something they were cooking or for how long it takes them to serve each customer. In any case, I was stuck in line behind the ONE car in front of me for over 6 minutes by their clock. That car got two regular-sized bags of food - I had figured they'd ordered for a soccer team or something.

Okay, that done, time to try the food. (I got a burger the way I usually do - I like very little on my burgers because I'm all about the meat and don't like anything getting between me and it, being your basic carnivore at heart.) Pulled over and stopped so I could give it my full attention. My first bite, and the second, I thought, "Hmmmm, tastes like Burger King." Then I thought, "The lettuce is pretty good - best lettuce I've had on a burger since Wendy's used to have such great lettuce." That's pretty much it for the burger - somewhere between Burger King and Whataburger, but closer to Burger King.

Time for the fries. Oh, dear. Mushy. So mushy that I literally could not eat them after eating a few, and ended up doing something I never do, throwing about half the order away.

My husband had tried them a while back, and when I reported to him, it pretty much replicated his experience (except that he gets everything on his burger.

Whataburger is not in any danger whatsoever, it would seem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas