Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has character and awsome scenery
Longview 10 24.39%
Nacogdoches 15 36.59%
Lufkin 3 7.32%
Neither 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 07:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
He means one "major/main" entry way...I still never understood why it matters, but hey, every little thing counts I guess...I personally have always hated the main entrance that faces broadway, and always opted for the JC Penny or Dillards entries myself every since I was a child...but whatever. But with cumberland village booming the way it is I've just started heading there anyway instead...drove out there just last weekend as a matter of fact..great shopping/dining options...the studio movie grill isn't quite as big as the City Center one in Houston, but it's still very nice.
Well, there are at least four entry ways from major highways into the Broadway Square Mall. But who cares? It's all good.

Actually, I'm sitting here counting them and I come up with three entrances from Broadway and four entrances from Old Bullard Road. And I may have left some out. Oh yes, at least one entrance, possibly two, from the loop, and I think there are four on Broadway.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 03-29-2016 at 07:39 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 01:06 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,563,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Now only if the city had hills and a beautiful scenery but as you see Nac is winning on the poll ha ha ha!
Uhh.. Tyler isnt even in the poll. And I'm not sure how you figure that Tyler is "not an attractive place" but Nacogdoches somehow has "beautiful scenery"? If pictures on Wikipedia are any indicator of what each city looks like, Tyler wins by a landslide.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nacogdoches,_Texas

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler,_Texas

The elevation change in Smith county is around 300'. Angelina county's elevation change is around 360'.. Hardly a noticable enough difference to make the claim that one area is hilly and the other isn't..

Old 03-31-2016, 11:00 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Uhh.. Tyler isnt even in the poll. And I'm not sure how you figure that Tyler is "not an attractive place" but Nacogdoches somehow has "beautiful scenery"? If pictures on Wikipedia are any indicator of what each city looks like, Tyler wins by a landslide.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nacogdoches,_Texas

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler,_Texas

The elevation change in Smith county is around 300'. Angelina county's elevation change is around 360'.. Hardly a noticable enough difference to make the claim that one area is hilly and the other isn't..
I thought you knew about TALLEST but I guess you don't lol!

Nacogdoches has way more noticable hills then Tyler can imagine.

I think it is time for the king of the deck to come out and that is Nacogdoches is a smaller version of AUSTIN lol the hills are noticeable and the city has several corridors where the hills are high setting high so high with business and apartment complexs build all on them.I really sorry that Tyler missed out on the hills but get over it please.Nacogdoches every community on hills with there own name!

Presmo Hill
Burgess Hill
Pruitt Hill
Budget Hill
Colonial hill
Woodland hill

Shall I say more and very sad a city claim to be the most beautiful is NOT the clue Tyler!

Old 04-01-2016, 06:08 AM

Tyler can't imagine anything - Tyler is a city, not a person. Speaking of that concept, I don't know why you have so much animosity about Tyler, dee. Most people who are familiar with Tyler think it's a very pleasant, pretty, friendly small city with good amenities. It's not Paradise, but it's apparently got enough positives for it to continue to grow at a very healthy pace.

By the way, I live in Chandler, eight miles from Loop 323 in Tyler and about a mile outside Tyler's city limits. Not sure if you're familiar with the Chandler/Canton/Athens/Lindale area but if not, let me tell you just a bit about the terrain. It's FULL of hills and beautiful views. In fact, the hills and winding roads are a striking component to the local area. My husband and I often enjoy just driving down all the little country roads in the area exploring. I often take my camera and we pull over for me to take pictures of the sun setting over the hills, or an old barn nestled in a rolling valley, or a winding road making it's way through fall colors. The countryside all around us is really beautiful. And yes, it's hilly!

That being said, there's more to life than hills and valleys. I feel that Tyler is sitting in a pleasant sort of terrain and has some really beautiful neighborhoods and outlying areas, but its strongest positives are its amenities, the healthy economy, the wide range of good school options, low unemployment, great medical facilities, healthy city infrastructure, and the friendly people in my opinion.

I'm glad you're so happy in Nac, dee. I think that's great. I really do. But I also think you have some sort of strange obsession and some sort of negative personal baggage when it comes to Tyler. I don't get your continual comparison and negative comments about Tyler - no one is doing that about the town that you love, though people do continue to correct your many erroneous statements. Not sure what events in your life caused all this but I truly hope you can one day move past it.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Tyler can't imagine anything - Tyler is a city, not a person. Speaking of that concept, I don't know why you have so much animosity about Tyler, dee. Most people who are familiar with Tyler think it's a very pleasant, pretty, friendly small city with good amenities. It's not Paradise, but it's apparently got enough positives for it to continue to grow at a very healthy pace.

By the way, I live in Chandler, eight miles from Loop 323 in Tyler and about a mile outside Tyler's city limits. Not sure if you're familiar with the Chandler/Canton/Athens/Lindale area but if not, let me tell you just a bit about the terrain. It's FULL of hills and beautiful views. In fact, the hills and winding roads are a striking component to the local area. My husband and I often enjoy just driving down all the little country roads in the area exploring. I often take my camera and we pull over for me to take pictures of the sun setting over the hills, or an old barn nestled in a rolling valley, or a winding road making it's way through fall colors. The countryside all around us is really beautiful. And yes, it's hilly!

That being said, there's more to life than hills and valleys. I feel that Tyler is sitting in a pleasant sort of terrain and has some really beautiful neighborhoods and outlying areas, but its strongest positives are its amenities, the healthy economy, the wide range of good school options, low unemployment, great medical facilities, healthy city infrastructure, and the friendly people in my opinion.

I'm glad you're so happy in Nac, dee. I think that's great. I really do. But I also think you have some sort of strange obsession and some sort of negative personal baggage when it comes to Tyler. I don't get your continual comparison and negative comments about Tyler - no one is doing that about the town that you love, though people do continue to correct your many erroneous statements. Not sure what events in your life caused all this but I truly hope you can one day move past it.
LOL my statement wasn't long as yours so it must of went deep with you but you have been sneaking little comments in about NAC that isn't true.This thread wasn't suppose to be about Tyler anyway so why was it brought up?

Nac is a beautiful city and yes me and others who voted will take up for this beautiful place.

Tyler wants to be in everything when it comes to east Texas but everybody doesn't care to live there OK!

Old 04-02-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
LOL my statement wasn't long as yours so it must of went deep with you but you have been sneaking little comments in about NAC that isn't true.This thread wasn't suppose to be about Tyler anyway so why was it brought up?

Nac is a beautiful city and yes me and others who voted will take up for this beautiful place.

Tyler wants to be in everything when it comes to east Texas but everybody doesn't care to live there OK!
I am not "sneaking little comments in about Nac that isn't true." I'd like for you to quote ONE comment made by me about Nac that isn't true. The truth is, I haven't been to Nac in probably ten years - there's nothing in my life that takes me there - but that doesn't mean I dislike the place. I just have no reason to go there.

There's no need for you to "take of for Nac" with me. I'm glad you like where you live. I don't think I've said anything negative about the place. In fact, I've hardly said anything about Nac at all - my comments have mostly been about Tyler and the areas surrounding Tyler.

And once again, Tyler can't "want to be in everything when it comes to east Texas," whatever that means. Tyler is not a person - it's a city. It doesn't have feelings or desires. And believe it or not, most people in Tyler just aren't thinking about Nac and they sure aren't "wanting to be in everything about East Texas" - we're just living our lives and I think most people in Tyler are happy to live here. Hopefully the people of Nacogdoches feel the same way about their town.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:34 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,563,513 times
Quote:
I thought you knew about TALLEST but I guess you don't lol!

Nacogdoches has way more noticable hills then Tyler can imagine.

I think it is time for the king of the deck to come out and that is Nacogdoches is a smaller version of AUSTIN lol the hills are noticeable and the city has several corridors where the hills are high setting high so high with business and apartment complexs build all on them.I really sorry that Tyler missed out on the hills but get over it please.Nacogdoches every community on hills with there own name!

Presmo Hill
Burgess Hill
Pruitt Hill
Budget Hill
Colonial hill
Woodland hill

Shall I say more and very sad a city claim to be the most beautiful is NOT the clue Tyler!
I know enough about "tallest" to know that Tyler has 7 buildings taller than Nacogdoches' tallest (my name was based off of buildings/Houstons skyline[s].. I could care less about the height of a hill).

And I definitely know about those "apartment complexs build on all of them (hills)".. An ex of mine lived in one of those complexes.. The Grove, but I guess its since been renamed The Verge. I tried googling those hills but found nothing Nacogdoches related besides a street named after Pruitt Hill. Looks like thats probably the same hill the Verge is on.
Im having a hard time trying to figure how Nacogdoches is a "smaller version of Austin" though? That just seems so far off base I dont even know what to say.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:27 AM

Quote:
I am not "sneaking little comments in about Nac that isn't true." I'd like for you to quote ONE comment made by me about Nac that isn't true. The truth is, I haven't been to Nac in probably ten years - there's nothing in my life that takes me there - but that doesn't mean I dislike the place. I just have no reason to go there.

There's no need for you to "take of for Nac" with me. I'm glad you like where you live. I don't think I've said anything negative about the place. In fact, I've hardly said anything about Nac at all - my comments have mostly been about Tyler and the areas surrounding Tyler.

And once again, Tyler can't "want to be in everything when it comes to east Texas," whatever that means. Tyler is not a person - it's a city. It doesn't have feelings or desires. And believe it or not, most people in Tyler just aren't thinking about Nac and they sure aren't "wanting to be in everything about East Texas" - we're just living our lives and I think most people in Tyler are happy to live here. Hopefully the people of Nacogdoches feel the same way about their town.
This thread is suppose to be about NAC,LONGVIEW AND LUFKIN!!!!!!!!

NOT TyLrrr!!!!!

Old 04-03-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
This thread is suppose to be about NAC,LONGVIEW AND LUFKIN!!!!!!!!

NOT TyLrrr!!!!!
Then quit making ridiculous and negative comments about Tyler. I didn't bring Tyler up but I'm not going to sit back and let bizarre and inaccurate comments about a place I know so well just slide, on a forum that focuses on information about places to live or visit.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Then quit making ridiculous and negative comments about Tyler. I didn't bring Tyler up but I'm not going to sit back and let bizarre and inaccurate comments about a place I know so well just slide, on a forum that focuses on information about places to live or visit.
That makes two of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas