Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has character and awsome scenery
Longview 10 24.39%
Nacogdoches 15 36.59%
Lufkin 3 7.32%
Neither 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 08:59 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
I've already proven that unprecedented growth for a college town is indeed very possible within the span of only 30 years. Show me the last nuclear attack on an American city.

Surely you know I was being facetious about a nuclear attack.

And the unprecedented growth of a college town like Athens is just that - as you said it - unprecedented. In other words, it's unusual. So no, sorry but I'm not holding my breath for Nac to replicate the growth of Athens, GA.

Athens is not far from Atlanta, GA, which as you know is an international hub in that region. Tyler is also fairly close to Dallas. Nac doesn't enjoy the same close proximity to Houston.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Those are just the counties. The Athens metro area includes four different counties.

American FactFinder - Results
Tyler's metro area population is still significantly higher than the Athens metro area. And Athens is closer to Atlanta than Tyler is to Dallas, and it's metro area includes four counties, though Tyler's includes only one county.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athens...ropolitan_area
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_metropolitan_area

But can we please return to the topic of Nacogdoches vs every other town or city in Texas rather than digging around for dubious ammunition in other far flung states?

Old 03-21-2016, 09:06 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,792,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Surely you know I was being facetious about a nuclear attack.

And the unprecedented growth of a college town like Athens is just that - as you said it - unprecedented. In other words, it's unusual. So no, sorry but I'm not holding my breath for Nac to replicate the growth of Athens, GA.
I'm not either, but I'm also not going on record as one of the people who said it won't happen.

Quote:
Athens is not far from Atlanta, GA, which as you know is an international hub in that region. Tyler is about the same distance from Dallas as Athens is from Atlanta. Nac doesn't enjoy the same close proximity to Houston.
Meh. Nacogdoches isn't even an hour further from Houston than Tyler is from Dallas. I see no significant edge there.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:06 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,087,407 times
Past and current history has Nac very slowly growing if that last 4 years almost none. Look at the census figures for 2010-2014, I want go to the trouble to post, this time, if you want to see, confirm,you can take a look.

We have been all so, nice to dee, with all his misinformation, given as facts, which we don't understand why he, feels the need to "do". So, no apology is needed.

Again, the whole nac growth pattern would have to suddenly change, based on what? as Kathryn said.

He need for defense. We try to be nice.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Tyler's metro area population is still significantly higher than the Athens metro area. And Athens is closer to Atlanta than Tyler is to Dallas, and it's metro area includes four counties, though Tyler's includes only one county.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athens...ropolitan_area
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_metropolitan_area

But can we please return to the topic of Nacogdoches vs every other town or city in Texas rather than digging around for dubious ammunition in other far flung states?
Certainly. I think I've already proven my point.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Past and current history has Nac very slowly growing if that last 4 years almost none. Look at the census figures for 2010-2014, I want go to the trouble to post, this time, if you want to see, confirm,you can take a look.

We have been all so, nice to dee, with all his misinformation, given as facts, which we don't understand why he, feels the need to "do". So, no apology is needed.

Again, the whole nac growth pattern would have to suddenly change, based on what? as Kathryn said.

He need for defense. We try to be nice.
Who knows? The point is that it is completely possible.

If dee is that unreasonable then why do y'all continue the back and forth with him?

Old 03-21-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Meh. Nacogdoches isn't even an hour further from Houston than Tyler is from Dallas. I see no significant edge there.
It's about 30 minutes further from Houston than Dallas is from Tyler. That's a pretty significant difference when it comes to business and cultural development and amenities. Another hour of driving round trip.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:

If dee is that unreasonable then why do y'all continue the back and forth with him?
Because it's mildly entertaining.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
It's about 30 minutes further from Houston than Dallas is from Tyler. That's a pretty significant difference when it comes to business and cultural development and amenities. Another hour of driving round trip.
Okay, if we want to split hairs we'll call an extra hour on a round trip a significant disadvantage in Nacogdoches' case.

But there's also the fact that Nac is more centrally located between ALL of the major Texas cities, and it's still closer to our ports.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Certainly. I think I've already proven my point.
Well, we can agree to disagree on that and yet move back to the topic at hand, which is, as usual when we're discussing dee's posts - Nacogdoches against the rest of Texas and especially Tyler. Crazy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas