Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has character and awsome scenery
Longview 10 24.39%
Nacogdoches 15 36.59%
Lufkin 3 7.32%
Neither 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 09:12 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,084,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Stephen F.Austin is the only major University in East Texas and you really know that but can't accept the fact that it is Nacogdoches.Huntsville is southeast Texas and not Deep East Texas or Northeast Texas lol.
It is pretty sad that to bash a city that is the oldest city in Texas and has the only major Univ. in Etx and on top of that the best hills a city can offer in East Texas.I like your two lane toll road in Tyler it has a 3 or 4 cars traveling it but it is nothing like beltway 8 in Houston.

I should not have responded to your post. You use the wrong incorrect terms when someone does not agree with you. We do not hate Nacogdoches, I told you many times we like Nacogdoches.

Also, we do not bash Nacogdoches we point out we don't agree with your opinion. I posted the wedsite that most people consider unbiased, Wikipedia, that state Sam Houston is in East Texas. Not Southeast.

You know most of us don't care much that SFA is the largest university in Central East Texas. The University of Houston is the largest in Southeast Texas. Tyler Junior College is the largest in Northeast Texas.

So I guess I mainly wanted you to understand someday, we are not bashing or hating Nacogdoches.

I hope you will understand someday, soon I hope. Best to you, really.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:50 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
I should not have responded to your post. You use the wrong incorrect terms when someone does not agree with you. We do not hate Nacogdoches, I told you many times we like Nacogdoches.

Also, we do not bash Nacogdoches we point out we don't agree with your opinion. I posted the wedsite that most people consider unbiased, Wikipedia, that state Sam Houston is in East Texas. Not Southeast.

You know most of us don't care much that SFA is the largest university in Central East Texas. The University of Houston is the largest in Southeast Texas. Tyler Junior College is the largest in Northeast Texas.

So I guess I mainly wanted you to understand someday, we are not bashing or hating Nacogdoches.

I hope you will understand someday, soon I hope. Best to you, really.
Really no one cares about Tyler jr college lmao but Stephen F.Austin is the only major Univ. in ETX.
Nac is not tripping on you.

OH yeah everybody isn't bashing N*A*C and have you looked at the poll Nac is winning unless you want to make a fake page and vote lol.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:42 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,084,282 times
First do you know what you mean by "tripping" we don't. How anyone defines major, is entirely up to that individual. I have decided that your understanding that NO ONE, most of the time, most of the POST are not putting Nac down. I will not officially give up on your understanding.

But unfortunately I probably will not GIVE UP on correcting your FACTS, when necessary. You can't even accept compliments on NAC. you are hopeless. Your thinking is not even understandable !!

Old 03-15-2016, 09:08 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
First do you know what you mean by "tripping" we don't. How anyone defines major, is entirely up to that individual. I have decided that your understanding that NO ONE, most of the time, most of the POST are not putting Nac down. I will not officially give up on your understanding.

But unfortunately I probably will not GIVE UP on correcting your FACTS, when necessary. You can't even accept compliments on NAC. you are hopeless. Your thinking is not even understandable !!
Amen.

It is a very strange thing.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:56 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Amen.

It is a very strange thing.
I thought you said where moving from that boring town of Tyler

It is ashame some people can't accept the truth lol Tyler is no NYC so it is really sad to boast it up so high and it really is just a average town.

I have been there and done that and it is not for me but others may like it.
Thats why there is a forum for people to find out about this Shocking place.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:57 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times
Quote:
It is ashame some people can't accept the truth lol Tyler is no NYC so it is really sad to boast it up so high and it really is just a average town.
Someone (I guess it'll be me) should probably mention all you have to do is replace Tyler with Nacogdoches in that sentence and its a perfect response to you.

SFA is not a "major" university.. Nor is it the largest university in East Texas, as has already been pointed out with SHSU (also not what most people would consider a "major" university, even with 8,500 more students than SFA).

Old 03-16-2016, 05:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
I thought you said where moving from that boring town of Tyler

I have been there and done that and it is not for me but others may like it.
Thats why there is a forum for people to find out about this Shocking place.
No, I never said I was moving from Tyler. In fact, I lived outside of Tyler for ten years and moved back - very eagerly and happily - about two years ago.

It's great to be back home in this beautiful small city. My husband and I are thrilled.

Not sure if I've told you this, but we could literally live anywhere in the world due to my husband's job and type of work. All we need is an airport as far as that's concerned. So when we were contemplating where to live, we visited several other states, as well as other areas of Texas - looking at real estate, amenities, etc. In the end, we decided that Tyler was where we wanted to live. We found a beautiful home for a reasonable price and have been very happy with our decision.

We didn't want to live in a major metro area, thought we certainly could have (and did consider it). I don't want Tyler to be NYC. If I wanted NYC, I'd just move there instead. I love living right here.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:00 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
SFA may not technically be the largest university in East Texas, but it's larger than anything Tyler has and I'm pretty sure that's the point.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:42 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times
Who cares if it's larger than any of Tyler's schools? So Nacogdoches has to rely on a "major" university to thrive.. Tyler can stand on its own without having to be a college town. I think that says something about each of the two cities..

Old 03-16-2016, 02:17 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Who cares if it's larger than any of Tyler's schools? So Nacogdoches has to rely on a "major" university to thrive.. Tyler can stand on its own without having to be a college town. I think that says something about each of the two cities..
I do. Nacogdoches has a younger population than Tyler, which means it would be easier to find people with similar interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas