Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2022, 05:57 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,456,974 times

Advertisements

I smell envy........somewhere around here....y'all smell it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 07:49 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,954,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Yep. It is evident. LMAO

Old 06-28-2022, 08:56 AM

679 posts, read 275,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Yep. It is evident. LMAO
ROFL Envy of what? a bunch of vaporware buildings? Forgive me for wanting to keep track of actual reality.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
ROFL Envy of what? a bunch of vaporware buildings? Forgive me for wanting to keep track of actual reality.
Yep, it’s all “vaporware”.

You have anything else to add?

Old 06-28-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
under construction is what I meant by "going up". I thought that should have been pretty clear. Sorry for the confusion. In any event, even after I had made it abundantly clear I was hoping for a list of what was actually under construction, you obfuscated and continue to do so. For example, not all the projects in your list actually have tenants. You have again demonstrated why I am trying to get to a list of "actually under construction". You clearly think there are more projects that have a high chance of actually happening than I do (and I'd be happy to check back in a year or two to see how many of your list are actually happening).
Don’t know how I missed this…

I thought it was clear when I said “Unfortunately, I don’t. I need to keep track of the projects TBH. I’m gonna try to see if there’s a list somewhere.” Then I came back with a rough list of projects I knew off top. I can’t think of a single project in Dallas that actually had a tenant and funding that was never constructed. Developers typically do not build spec office space in Dallas. The buildings you say that have no tenants are spec office buildings that are apart of mixed used developments. The recently completed, the Link at Uptown was a spec office building. The recent success of that building quickly filling up is probably the reason why developers are starting to take a chance on building them. Uptown Dallas is the 3rd most expensive office submarket in Texas. There’s a demand for new office space. The other office buildings that I listed were never gonna get off the ground until a tenant was signed on. That’s how it typically works here. Those project would’ve died...like the rest of them. So, yes…I do feel like they actually have a chance of starting due to the reasons I’ve stated more than once. Lastly, if you really wanted a list…Google is free. Heck, that’s what I do when I wanna know something. I never claimed to be an expert. If I really want to know what’s going on in any city, I Google. Maybe you should try it next time…I’ll clear up any confusion you obviously have.

Last edited by Dallaz; 06-28-2022 at 10:12 AM..

Old 06-28-2022, 12:04 PM

679 posts, read 275,798 times
So, here's what we've come up with for projects currently under construction in Uptown/Turtle Creek and Downtown Dallas. Let's try to keep this updated/corrected.

Uptown/Turtle Creek:

Maple Terrace - 22 stories (rental residential)
Harwood No. 14 - 25 stories (office)
Swexan Hotel - 19 stories (hotel)
The Quad - 12 stories (office)
2620 Maple - 12 stories (rental residential)

Downtown:
JW Marriott - 14 stories on top of 9-story parking garage (hotel)

Old 06-28-2022, 01:46 PM

869 posts, read 319,917 times
Lol @ "envy"!

Meanwhile, TMC3 and the East River Project BY THEMSELVES (and are ACTUALLY under construction) kill all of the Dallas projects COMBINED. Just saying, lol.

But I'm not trying to start another VS war here. Just thought I should point that out.

Oh...and Post Houston is NIIIIIIICE.

Old 06-28-2022, 02:11 PM

3,166 posts, read 2,055,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
lmaoooo envy? Of what? Pie-in-the-sky developer puffery that gets more online views than construction permits?

You people are hilarious.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:50 PM

It's a development that's been in the works for a while now. These recent announcements are the ending notion, not the beginning....so no pie-in-the-sky dreams with this one. This should have never been questioned....and since it was it comes off as envy.

Last edited by dallasboi; 06-28-2022 at 09:16 PM..

Old 06-28-2022, 09:03 PM

Whats boggling my mind currently is how EPIC that 47 story residential tower that's "about to break ground"on main street downtown right next to deep ellum is gonna be. It will be the tallest residential building downtown surpassing AMLI Fountain Place.

Driving into downtown on 45 is going to be STELLAR!!!!!

Downtown Dallas current population is 17,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas