Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2022, 12:49 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times

Advertisements

State of the Market- From the new site.
https://downtowndallasnow.com/state-of-the-market/

The High Speed Rail is also on the new site...So somebody has some "splanin" to do!!...I thought this was DEAD?

Quote:
TEXAS HIGH SPEED RAIL
Dallas is leading all domestic metros in the development of the first truly high-speed rail in the U.S. Texas Central Partners is building a 186-mph Dallas-Houston train line that will cut the current commute time from three to four hours by car to only 90 minutes. This project will spur multi-modal rail-station development and is predicted to boost transit ridership, car-sharing, and other transportation opportunities in both metros.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 08:47 AM

679 posts, read 275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Not to add fuel to the whatever the heck is this is, but the new River Oaks District wing did already begin construction. Was there earlier.
The only project at River Oaks District I can find is this: “Renovations at River Oaks District include transforming the central plaza into a cultural gathering place for events, a new pocket park, landscaping and sidewalk improvements. The Festival Cos. is managing the project, which will be done in phases with completion planned in fall 2022.”

They have had plans to add an Equinox Hotel. The site for the hotel was cleared, but last I knew, it hadn’t yet moved forward.

Old 07-04-2022, 10:37 AM

6,697 posts, read 9,952,165 times
Location of projects U/C or about to start this year in Uptown (with permit)

Red dot - 2401 McKinney / 29 stories / 406 Ft
Blue dot - 23Springs / 26 stories / 399 ft
Yellow dot - Harwood No. 14 / 27 stories / 388 ft
Orange dot - 2811 Maple / 30 stories / 372 ft
Black dot - Maple Terrace / 21 stories / 240 ft
Lime Green dot - The Quad / 12 stories / 240 ft
White dot - McKinney and Boll / 19 stories / 240 ft

Last picture is Harwood No. 14, which is the only project well above ground (circled in the color blue)

Just for context, Uptown’s The Crescent is 249 ft. A lot of high-rise density is building in Uptown.
Attached Thumbnails
DOWNTOWN BIG"6"..What direction are they going???-f3208313-2513-4824-ba60-c4cf3fb2c39d.jpeg   DOWNTOWN BIG"6"..What direction are they going???-227f78b3-c450-41d1-8938-f140a2a03189.jpeg  

Last edited by Dallaz; 07-04-2022 at 11:22 AM..

Old 07-04-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I agree! Dallas, Houston and Austin are all doing big things in their downtown's. Ft. Worth too! A beautiful thing!
Right. This just looks so nice doesn’t it? (Heart eyes emoji)

It’s like they heard Dallasites say that they’re skyline isn't the best and decided to step their game up lol. I really like the way those towers look against the other buildings. Especially, Chase Tower—which I don’t love..like at all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4yxzkj...ature=youtu.be

I hope the Trinity River project gets going…I know that’s gonna be a major amenity to Fort Worth’s downtown area which could spark additional new development.

Not a fan or 98 Red River’s design…maybe I’ll understand it a little better when completed. But so far I’m unsure about it. Maybe y’all feel differently…? I like 6 x Guadeloupe though.

Last edited by Dallaz; 07-04-2022 at 12:56 PM..

Old 07-04-2022, 02:39 PM

3,892 posts, read 2,205,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Location of projects U/C or about to start this year in Uptown (with permit)

Red dot - 2401 McKinney / 29 stories / 406 Ft
Blue dot - 23Springs / 26 stories / 399 ft
Yellow dot - Harwood No. 14 / 27 stories / 388 ft
Orange dot - 2811 Maple / 30 stories / 372 ft
Black dot - Maple Terrace / 21 stories / 240 ft
Lime Green dot - The Quad / 12 stories / 240 ft
White dot - McKinney and Boll / 19 stories / 240 ft

Last picture is Harwood No. 14, which is the only project well above ground (circled in the color blue)

Just for context, Uptown’s The Crescent is 249 ft. A lot of high-rise density is building in Uptown.
I haven't been to the DFW area in a few years but I'm sure even in that short period there are some noticeable differences. Once all of these projects are completed that area will be red hot!

Old 07-04-2022, 02:42 PM

3,892 posts, read 2,205,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Ft.Worth is about to surprise everyone!!!........Dallas Fort Worth can and will only get better going forward.

I admit to being a Dallas "Homer" but Fort Worth is a very important piece to this MEGA-CITY Metroplex.

*Panther Island
* Houston Street Entertainment Strip- From the New KBH Deck Park Convention Center north through Victory Park.
* The Smart District
* Field Street District
* Goldman Sach's 5 Building District
* The Reunion District-Aso 5 buildings

Will Be "GAME CHANGERS" for DFW....I Can't wait!!!!
The skyline look and footprint will be unrecognizable with the addition of all of these projects and buildings!

Old 07-04-2022, 03:31 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,028,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Right. This just looks so nice doesn’t it? (Heart eyes emoji)

It’s like they heard Dallasites say that they’re skyline isn't the best and decided to step their game up lol. I really like the way those towers look against the other buildings. Especially, Chase Tower—which I don’t love..like at all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4yxzkj...ature=youtu.be

I hope the Trinity River project gets going…I know that’s gonna be a major amenity to Fort Worth’s downtown area which could spark additional new development.

Not a fan or 98 Red River’s design…maybe I’ll understand it a little better when completed. But so far I’m unsure about it. Maybe y’all feel differently…? I like 6 x Guadeloupe though.
Here is a birds-eye view:

Last edited by SanJac; 07-30-2022 at 08:34 PM..

Old 07-04-2022, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
Here is a birds-eye view:
Well damn!

We can counter…probably not like that but still

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ncU1N...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-05-2022, 08:08 AM

573 posts, read 336,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
State of the Market- From the new site.
https://downtowndallasnow.com/state-of-the-market/

The High Speed Rail is also on the new site...So somebody has some "splanin" to do!!...I thought this was DEAD?
Well, it's not done yet
I'll be so happy if it does happen though! Keep us informed!!!

Meanwhile, can't wait to head to Europe for a vacation and try some of those Italian high speed trains soon!!! Got a couple tickets already. Deutschland's ICE was nice! Hope it compares.

Old 07-05-2022, 02:28 PM

9,902 posts, read 6,607,441 times
@oil capital

Basically, they’re turning the West side of ROD into a more activity centric area. Right now, the Eastern wing is the dominant one. They’re adding store tennant space on the West wing and also integrating it more with the many apartments that have been built since the ROD opened and integrating them. Case in point, if the phase II with the equinox hotel will ever happen, there will need to be more activity to connect the areas on the west wing to that future soace (which is what they’re doing)

A few others major ones that I don’t think you mentioned:

Autry Park

A&M Innovation Plaza - the first two towers are complete, but the third tower and the plaza space in the middle are under construction.

And then there’s also a new tower going up in Uptown right across the Whole Foods

Dun Huang Plaza in Chinatown is getting a new section with a couple of 10 story residential towers anchoring that phase.

I’ll try to compile the list later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas