Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 11:24 AM

6 posts, read 3,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
For what? They live in a mostly Mexican town and almost all of their friends are Mexicans. You are a ****ing racist if you think a Mexican can't support Trump unless they are "compensating". Of course, you won't be censored because this is a common liberal viewpoint.
Well, then they're just blissfully unaware and naive of the world outside of their little bubble. They can be True Murican Trump supporters when they're surrounded by other Hispanics, but let them travel outside of their bubble and meet some of Trump's most diehard supporters in places like the South and the Midwest and they'll get told to go back to Mexico lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 11:36 AM

19,793 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Im there with you possibly,EDS_.....I think if Texas goes reliably blue in presidential elections and taxes go way up and we get Californicated i think I may settle in Oklahoma or Arkansas or TN but only time will tell if i will do that.However,I have been evaluating my options for when Texas goes blue.
My wife and I have had a place in Franklin Tennessee for a few years and we have farmland in eastern Tennessee and Illinois that offers a nice geographical fit.

I also really like the area around Grand Lake in OK.

I'm a big fan of Idaho/Montana/Wyoming as well - I love skiing.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimlichManure View Post
Well, then they're just blissfully unaware and naive of the world outside of their little bubble. They can be True Murican Trump supporters when they're surrounded by other Hispanics, but let them travel outside of their bubble and meet some of Trump's most diehard supporters in places like the South and the Midwest and they'll get told to go back to Mexico lol.
That's silly. I look like a Northern European but am actually significantly Mexican. I don't like Trump he causes so much unnecessary distortion and grief by acting like a baby on TV and twitter. That said Biden to me is worse. Biden is a proved plagerist. Just the other week he said he'd been a professor at Delaware (?) - not true etc.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
That's silly. I look like a Northern European but am actually significantly Mexican. I don't like Trump he causes so much unnecessary distortion and grief by acting like a baby on TV and twitter. That said Biden to me is worse. Biden is a proved plagerist. Just the other week he said he'd been a professor at Delaware (?) - not true etc.
It's not silly at all. I've seen it in real life. Someone close to me was a huge Trump supporting Hispanic... until he had to go work up in rural Indiana and deal with Trump's finest. Then he got his wake up call and changed his tune real quick.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:50 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,007,169 times
So now he is a Biden supporter? I doubt he ever had very concrete beliefs.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
So now he is a Biden supporter? I doubt he ever had very concrete beliefs.
Believe it or not, most people care more about themselves and their own experiences than they do about politics. When you're getting told left and right that "Trump is building a wall to kick you be*ners out," that's gonna leave more of an impression on you than how the economy is doing.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:58 AM

If a white person gets told racist things in a minority neighbourhood or city should they start voting for Trump?

Old 06-04-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
If a white person gets told racist things in a minority neighbourhood or city should they start voting for Trump?
That depends. Is Biden running a campaign on building a wall to keep out Whites? Is Biden out there calling White people rapists and criminals? And in turn, are Biden's supporters using this rhetoric as an excuse to go out and harass Whites and tell them "Biden's gonna kick you out"? Nice try, buddy, but that's a false equivalence.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimlichManure View Post
It's not silly at all. I've seen it in real life. Someone close to me was a huge Trump supporting Hispanic... until he had to go work up in rural Indiana and deal with Trump's finest. Then he got his wake up call and changed his tune real quick.
What’s silly is pretending that what you’ve seen/think is a pervasive truth.

Old 06-04-2020, 12:22 PM

1. Not everybody who votes for Trump even supports a wall.
2. Trump didn't say Mexicans are rapists and criminals, as you well know.
3. Minorities say the same thing to white people, go back to Europe. Any white person in Texas has probably heard this before. People have said this long before Trump ever ran for president.
4. Trump is the law and order candidate. People will excuse any racist comments he may make (I don't think he has made any) because they want to bring law and order back. White people will be beaten up just for going to certain neighbourhoods. This happens routinely because people don't fear punishment. As a result, these people will vote for the law and order candidate. This isn't just a white people thing either. This would explain why Trump has non-white supporters who may not even support the wall (although some certainly do).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas