Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 05:38 AM

5,761 posts, read 11,360,805 times

Advertisements

Last week I made a stop at an almost new Buc-cee's along I-44 just outside of Springfield MO. They opened this location less than 3 months ago. It was a busy place at around 6 pm but not over-crowded. I filled the tank (good gas price) and went inside and bought a sliced brisket sandwich for my quick on-the-road supper. Very good sandwich, fresh carved brisket in the store for about $9. The only other Buc-cee's I've been to is in Luling TX along I-10 east of San Antonio (about 10 yrs ago), but it is nowhere close to the size of these newer mega-Buc-cee's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 10:09 AM

9,859 posts, read 6,570,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartNox18 View Post
Buc-Ee’s going nationwide
Nationwide? (8 states, 6 with less than 3 each)

https://www.scrapehero.com/location-...uc-ee%27s-USA/

Haven't really covered TX very well, yet
Nothing west of NB, none NE, none Coastal South

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...3813398878&z=7

Room to grow.
Money is TIGHT... might be awhile to capture the NATION.

Probably much wiser and cost effective to stay local (SE USA)
Distribution, Management, labor laws ($20+/ hr minimum wage in some states...) Then there are the states that will be dis-allowing registering Fossil Fueled vehicles.

What's it cost to build a Buc-Ee's on land where it sells by the SF? (Many times more expensive than fine carpet)
Uhh what? Even if fossil fuel vehicles went away, that would be more of an incentive to stop given the difference in charge time vs pump time.

You also exaggerated. Texas and Alabama have more than 3 each. Georgia and Florida will as well soon

States with Buc Ee’s:

Texas
Florida
Alabama
Georgia
Kentucky
Missouri
South Carolina
Tennessee

States with buc ees under construction

Colorado
Mississippi
Kansas
Virginia

States in the pipeline

Arizona
New Jersey
Ohio
Louisiana
North Carolina

Probably more states announced soon too.

Old 02-28-2024, 03:03 AM

4,834 posts, read 3,262,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
Last week I made a stop at an almost new Buc-cee's along I-44 just outside of Springfield MO. They opened this location less than 3 months ago. It was a busy place at around 6 pm but not over-crowded. I filled the tank (good gas price) and went inside and bought a sliced brisket sandwich for my quick on-the-road supper. Very good sandwich, fresh carved brisket in the store for about $9. The only other Buc-cee's I've been to is in Luling TX along I-10 east of San Antonio (about 10 yrs ago), but it is nowhere close to the size of these newer mega-Buc-cee's.

It's gonna be the biggest soon (if not not already). They were expanding/rebuilding it last year.

Old 02-28-2024, 06:14 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,989 times
I have been to Buc-ee's before. I don't understand all the fuss about it. It's just a large convenience store.

Old 02-28-2024, 07:08 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I have been to Buc-ee's before. I don't understand all the fuss about it. It's just a large convenience store.
With a lot of tourist crap made in China.

But the brisket sandwiches are good and the restrooms are very clean.

Old 02-29-2024, 05:15 AM

4,834 posts, read 3,262,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post

There are certainly Buc-Cee's fanatics out there making a 'fuss' about it... but there are scads of folks that stop there simply because there's almost always a gas pump available, and almost always a place to 'sit' if you need to. I can count on one finger the number of times I've had to wait on either.

When I was close to one, I'd go in occasionally just for an Alamo Turkey Club sammich on ciabatta bread. And don't know if I ever waited behind more than one or two people to check out. As to the rest of the 'experience'... meh. But for those that like that sort of thing, they clearly do it right.

Old 03-01-2024, 08:02 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
The brisket sandwich and of course, clean restrooms, are a big reason why we stop on road trips. Most other gas stations restrooms are diabolical so it's nice that Buccees emphasize this.

Old 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM

5,612 posts, read 4,933,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The brisket sandwich and of course, clean restrooms, are a big reason why we stop on road trips. Most other gas stations restrooms are diabolical so it's nice that Buccees emphasize this.
Frankly, the restrooms are the main reason the company blew up in the first place. The wives demanded the restroom stop, the husbands discovered the sandwiches, and boom it was done.

Old 03-01-2024, 09:41 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,622,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Frankly, the restrooms are the main reason the company blew up in the first place. The wives demanded the restroom stop, the husbands discovered the sandwiches, and boom it was done.
Yup. The bathrooms have ALWAYS been spotless and well maintained. We don't seek out Buc-ees, but if it is in the mix it will always win.

We often canoe down the Colorado river from Austin to Smithville and a stop at Buc-ees in Bastrop to get a brisket sandwich is heavenly after a day on the water.....

Old 03-01-2024, 09:42 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,622,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
The one at I-10 just outside of Luling is in the process of a huge expansion.

The one in Giddings is tiny - we call it 'baby Buc-ees' - but still has sandwiches and clean restrooms....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas