Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 12:22 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,522,842 times

Advertisements

Not a cultist but I would prefer to stop at their store every time I go on a road trip. Their brisket sandwiches are really awesome. New discovery: Buckee's burrito. Really good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2022, 01:48 PM

6 posts, read 2,699 times
Hey, I love me some Buc-ees. I always like their clean bathrooms, and it's hard to beat their selection of just about any convenience store stuff. If that makes me a cultist, so be it - LOL.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:40 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,459,398 times
When the COVID-19 lockdowns and adjusted store hours hit, I was thankful that Buc-ees was there. I drove there more than a few times to grab stuff in the middle of the night. Thankfully, now I found Winco.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:58 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,334,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
No. People that wear their shirts, put their bumper sticker on their trucks and shove it down others throats are
Now you’re just being hard on the Beaver.

Old 02-13-2022, 09:04 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,630,984 times
Quote:
Nah. There's 5 super stores. Katy, Baytown, Waller, Lake Jackson and Texas City. The only metro area that has as many is DFW which makes sense because they’re the two largest metros.

But yeah, there are those smaller concept stores that you mention (though still large for a c store) where they saturate those towns in the southern suburbs of Houston.
That makes sense because I never have reason to travel anywhere south of H-town south of the Beltway. I did go into the south edge of L. Jack but was coming from Surfside which we had accessed via west Galveston Is.

I should expound that I usually make my 4-5 trips into Houston/burbs via US 59 (East Tex Frwy) from where I live but do occasionally come in thru Baytown taking the backroads to Winnie then I-10 westbound. We also circumvent Houston via The Grand Parkway (Tx 99) when heading west from out east Tx woodsy domicile (going to the Hill Country, SA area ). There are no Buc Ee's east or NE of H-town at all. I think I-45 north of Madisonville is the easternmost site in-state.

Kinda sux that Bucees ignores that side of Texas especially considering that I-10 is the most heavily traveled east/west route in the US. One would think that a Beaumont area store on the interstate would thrive. Also a site in Livingston would be great especially with the I-14 corridor making a crossroad there.

Old 02-13-2022, 10:08 AM

511 posts, read 399,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
That makes sense because I never have reason to travel anywhere south of H-town south of the Beltway. I did go into the south edge of L. Jack but was coming from Surfside which we had accessed via west Galveston Is.

I should expound that I usually make my 4-5 trips into Houston/burbs via US 59 (East Tex Frwy) from where I live but do occasionally come in thru Baytown taking the backroads to Winnie then I-10 westbound. We also circumvent Houston via The Grand Parkway (Tx 99) when heading west from out east Tx woodsy domicile (going to the Hill Country, SA area ). There are no Buc Ee's east or NE of H-town at all. I think I-45 north of Madisonville is the easternmost site in-state.

Kinda sux that Bucees ignores that side of Texas especially considering that I-10 is the most heavily traveled east/west route in the US. One would think that a Beaumont area store on the interstate would thrive. Also a site in Livingston would be great especially with the I-14 corridor making a crossroad there.
There is a Bucee's off I-10 in Baytown.

Buc-ee's
(979) 238-6390
https://maps.app.goo.gl/5otwQZcLYFfAfj5A8

Old 02-13-2022, 01:30 PM

9,862 posts, read 6,579,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltx9412 View Post
There is a Bucee's off I-10 in Baytown.

Buc-ee's
(979) 238-6390
https://maps.app.goo.gl/5otwQZcLYFfAfj5A8
I think he’s referring to the portions like Kingwood, Conroe, Cleveland, etc. Not sure where BobTex lives but the way he describes his routes, I 10 isn’t in this direction. I think N/NE would have been a better way to describe the area he was referring to.

With that in mind, he has a point. Greater Houston is well covered by Buc-Ee’s for a good 270 degree. But the N/NE portions are lacking. Considering Houston is Buc-Ee’s home market, they do lack in that direction. And take into account that Northern Houston is growing very rapidly and DFW is in that direction (making Texas two largest metros), you’d think Conroe or perhaps Huntsville would be perfect for a Buc-Ee’s. But I guess the Madisonville location serves the purpose for this commute.

Old 02-13-2022, 02:47 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,630,984 times
Quote:
I think he’s referring to the portions like Kingwood, Conroe, Cleveland, etc. Not sure where BobTex lives but the way he describes his routes, I 10 isn’t in this direction. I think N/NE would have been a better way to describe the area he was referring to.

With that in mind, he has a point. Greater Houston is well covered by Buc-Ee’s for a good 270 degree. But the N/NE portions are lacking. Considering Houston is Buc-Ee’s home market, they do lack in that direction. And take into account that Northern Houston is growing very rapidly and DFW is in that direction (making Texas two largest metros), you’d think Conroe or perhaps Huntsville would be perfect for a Buc-Ee’s. But I guess the Madisonville location serves the purpose for this commute.

Actually I do go by the Baytown store some (went by it twice last week after going to the Pasadena Fairgrounds gun show and stopped once). As I said , maybe not clearly, I hit I-10 at Winnie and go westbound into Houston occasionally. At the point of coming to the Baytown store though it is solid metro environment into Houston proper. Yes, there's Stinkadena between the Houston city limit and Baytown but again, making that distinction is just semantics as it is all metro environment. In my mind, it's "Houston". I could say the same about the Woodlands/Kingwood or even Katy as the metro has expanded out to and past these areas.

My gripe and suggestion is for a store outside of the Htown metro area to the EAST or Northeast. I suggested Livingston (50 miles north of IAH) which is on the I-69/US59 corridor (Trans-Texas Corridor) and on the planned route of I-14 which will follow the east-west route of US190. I also suggested the Beaumont area because of the hyper heavy cross country Interstate 10 traffic.

I hate to be redundant or unclear but this was all stated in my previous post. The Baytown and Katy stores are both in the Houston Metro area.

ParaSwag --- I live in a remote unpopulated area of East/SE Texas halfway between Beaumont and Lufkin.

I've looked at the map of Bucees locations several times in the last year or so and even noted the largest of all Bucees going in near Gatlinburg, Tenn. I own 30+ acres about 20 miles from there in them thar hills. I went to the point of emailing Bucees corporate with similar suggestions as I put in this post at some point last year.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:02 AM

1,952 posts, read 828,149 times
Apparently having a bumper sticker on your car is "forcing XXX down someone's throat" today.

LOL some of you crack me up.

Old 02-15-2022, 03:52 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,070,030 times
The Buc-Ed’s cult doesn’t exist it’s very mainstream, and well liked but the “cult” aspect is mroe out-of-state than in state.

I stop basically every time I go back to Houston. Last time I stopped I saw a bunch of Chinese tourists like a tour bus full at Buc-ee’s. Theirs no real tourist sites in Texas outside of San Antonio and NASA (most of the other ones are so meh that every decent city in existence has something equivalent to it). But what we see as Tourism is very different from international tourists. Theirs a whole town in England that’s famous for being a stereotypically English town but no one outside of East Asian tourists care.

But now Buc-Ed’s whether with Out-of-Staters or International tourists is a must see for a lot of the Texas road-trip/vacation tours. It’s gone viral on Tiktok multiple times, and this is just ransoms promoting it rather than paid advertisement.

It’s ironic something so purely functional is a tourist site but then again, Tokyo is very high on my list and half of the reason is functionality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas