Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 08:36 AM

148 posts, read 113,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post

5). I don't agree with the abortion issue but question your claim that Texans want it to be another way. What proof do you have of that?
I'm not sure about abortion stats, but a recent poll was conducted regarding marijuana legalization for medicinal purposes and over 80% of both Republican and Democrat voters want to see it legalized.

Around 60% of people want to see it legalized for recreational use.

Abbott says he won't legalize it in any way, so he's doing the opposite of what Texans want. They could approve it to be on voting ballots but they won't do that because they know that the outcome will be positive.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...bbott-says-no/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 08:52 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,427 times
We're trying to make TX seem ****ty you you all stop coming. LOL

Actually, we are California without the nice weather. High housing costs, wildfires, 4 dollar a gallon gas, homeless rampant in our cities and crime that is out of control. LOL

Old 05-23-2022, 09:38 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,566,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirotek View Post
I'm not sure about abortion stats, but a recent poll was conducted regarding marijuana legalization for medicinal purposes and over 80% of both Republican and Democrat voters want to see it legalized.

Around 60% of people want to see it legalized for recreational use.

Abbott says he won't legalize it in any way, so he's doing the opposite of what Texans want. They could approve it to be on voting ballots but they won't do that because they know that the outcome will be positive.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...bbott-says-no/
I wasn't talking about marijuana. I specifically mentioned abortion as per what you quoted.

Old 05-23-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
We're trying to make TX seem ****ty you you all stop coming. LOL

Actually, we are California without the nice weather. High housing costs, wildfires, 4 dollar a gallon gas, homeless rampant in our cities and crime that is out of control. LOL
I think enough people have refuted your comment by now. But go ahead and double down on your nonsense. As a multitude of posters already pointed out to you, much of what you're claiming could fit most cities.

Old 05-23-2022, 09:54 AM

148 posts, read 113,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
I wasn't talking about marijuana. I specifically mentioned abortion as per what you quoted.
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05...rtion-ut-poll/

UT-Austin conducted a survey and found that 78% of respondents think abortion should be legal in some form.

Around 39% of poll respondents said Texans should always be able to obtain abortions as a matter of personal choice, and 11% of respondents thought abortions should be available for other reasons in addition to pregnancy resulting from rape.

The poll shows that 28% of respondents believe abortions should be available only in cases of rape or incest or when a person’s life is endangered by their pregnancy. And 7% said they didn’t know.

Old 05-23-2022, 10:53 AM

15,440 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
How can you say this in the face of exceptional, and I mean literally exceptional, rates of utility scale PV solar installation over the last couple of years ranging into the next several? Deregulation has done that.
The solar stuff is great, but it's not adding reserve capacity.

Old 05-23-2022, 11:14 AM

19,799 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The solar stuff is great, but it's not adding reserve capacity.
It will.

Well, maybe not precisely until we figure out battery storage.

I find it interesting that people on the left should be thrilled with the direction our grid is headed......but it's just too easy to play political checkers.

Old 05-23-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05...rtion-ut-poll/

UT-Austin conducted a survey and found that 78% of respondents think abortion should be legal in some form.

Around 39% of poll respondents said Texans should always be able to obtain abortions as a matter of personal choice, and 11% of respondents thought abortions should be available for other reasons in addition to pregnancy resulting from rape.

The poll shows that 28% of respondents believe abortions should be available only in cases of rape or incest or when a person’s life is endangered by their pregnancy. And 7% said they didn’t know.
That's great. Now drilling down on that information even further, the question would be how important is this issue in relation to all political issues for the poll respondents. I believe the answer is... Not very. Clearly if they were passionate about this issue, we wouldn't have the lawmakers in office that we do. Can we both agree on that?

Old 05-23-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
It will.

Well, maybe not precisely until we figure out battery storage.

I find it interesting that people on the left should be thrilled with the direction our grid is headed......but it's just too easy to play political checkers.
And, there are people on the right who want to stop all solar and wind development. Both sides have their loons. I get pretty annoyed at both, but the folks on the left who think we can transition right this minute have no clue of what is actually possible, and expect it to happen just because they say so.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:

2. Texas has almost no public land. Other states have a lot of state and county parks.
That's the way the state was designed. All of the unallocated land at independence was owned by the Republic of Texas, later the State of Texas., and was granted to settlers based on a few criteria. When Texas became a state, the annexation agreement with the US Government allowed Texas to continue to control all of the land. And over time, it was all essentially granted to private owners. Some 2 million acres was given to the folks that funded the construction of the State Capitol building in Austin.

There are a lot of parks in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas