Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2022, 03:38 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,011,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I mean, how often does that type of thing happen? I literally haven't heard of a single incident of that happening. If anything, it's usually straight males who are the creeps. If there is some creep (of any gender or sexual orientation) who goes into the "wrong" bathroom to harass people, the creep can be charged with several other crimes that are already on the books. This is just another "feel good" law which will do nothing but the conservative simpletons will eat it up.
If it’s just a feel good law that won’t prevent anything then why are you so against it? Seriously don’t understand this mindset at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2022, 03:39 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,011,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
I have a teenage daughter and a tween son, and I can’t say I’m worried about trans people. As a matter of fact I don’t ever think about them, and all of you who do think about child sex with trans so much that it’s a hot issue need your heads examined pronto.

With my kids, I am much more concerned about their schools getting shot up by crazed lunatics who lurked in the shadows and obtained their weapons legally. That is much more of a threat than this tranny bogeyman fantasy.
You do know you can be worried about both at the same time right.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM

1,108 posts, read 529,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
I have a teenage daughter and a tween son, and I can’t say I’m worried about trans people. As a matter of fact I don’t ever think about them, and all of you who do think about child sex with trans so much that it’s a hot issue need your heads examined pronto.

With my kids, I am much more concerned about their schools getting shot up by crazed lunatics who lurked in the shadows and obtained their weapons legally. That is much more of a threat than this tranny bogeyman fantasy.
agreed but i was responding to a comment about laws that another poster said were stupid. There are lots of things that can happen to our kids and grandkids but eliminating one like trans in bathrooms is a step in the right direction. Just like teachers being allowed to be armed, security fences, metal detectors, drug sniffing dogs, etc, etc.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:13 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
I wish conservatives made up their mind
Do laws stop criminals or not?
Now you are telling us that laws stop criminals, but when we talk about passing tougher gun laws, you instantly say that laws don’t stop criminals

Old 09-09-2022, 10:32 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
It’s not that simple. A baby is not a bicycle or toaster oven.

We are not even talking about babies with detrimental fatal health problems or the kind of pregnancy that would jeopardize both mother and fetus.

Adoption itself is a whole lot of different issues but I digress.

If some are so pro-life, help the expecting mothers never having any fear or concern that a child will be well looked after by having enough resources and support. (financially, emotionally, physically and socially.)

Abbott said he will make sure to “eliminate rape”. How?!
The irony is that Texas claims to love babies so much that they are going to require every woman carry theirs to term but if mom can't return to work the day after the baby is born she has to figure out how to live on the $163 welfare check that Texas issues a mother with one child. That's for diapers, rent and transportation & the state has still not seen fit to implement extended medicaid so mom is only entitled to medical care for 2 months after she gives birth.

Old 09-10-2022, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The irony is that Texas claims to love babies so much that they are going to require every woman carry theirs to term but if mom can't return to work the day after the baby is born she has to figure out how to live on the $163 welfare check that Texas issues a mother with one child. That's for diapers, rent and transportation & the state has still not seen fit to implement extended medicaid so mom is only entitled to medical care for 2 months after she gives birth.
Maybe the mom should have thought about that before she jumped into the back seat of the car with a deadbeat dad who wont support her. Dont even try to tell us that birth control is not available as thats the is a big lie. And why are you demanding the deadbeat dad to support his kid and much as you are blaming the responsible citizens of texas do? No its a typical response from the left when people make dumb choices in life then wind up having to be supported by the rest of us. She also has the right and can give up the child to a loving and supporting family through legal adoption. This is a clear example the actions have consequences. Why do you and so many other think that we have to bail out others when they make these dumb mistakes and many over and over again never ceases to amaze me.

Old 09-10-2022, 05:53 AM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
If it’s just a feel good law that won’t prevent anything then why are you so against it? Seriously don’t understand this mindset at all.
If it's just a feel good law that won't prevent anything then why are you so for it? I seriously don't understand that mindset either.

Old 09-10-2022, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I wish conservatives made up their mind
Do laws stop criminals or not?
Now you are telling us that laws stop criminals, but when we talk about passing tougher gun laws, you instantly say that laws don’t stop criminals
No but the laws we have IF enforced to the maximum does have a deterrent effect. Now if we could get even more stringent penalties like death for rape, drug dealing, murder, drunk driving, illegal drug running and others that would result in major crime reductions. At least Abbott and the Republicans are trying to do something unlike the left who thinks just talking about crime will stop it. And if more people would use their right to carry and actually use them criminals would think twice about things. Hopefully Abbott and the Republicans will pass more laws that support or right to defend our property, families and innocent bystanders while using deadly force like hold your ground with penalties. That would never happen if Betto or the left gets into power here.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:48 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
No but the laws we have IF enforced to the maximum does have a deterrent effect. Now if we could get even more stringent penalties like death for rape, drug dealing, murder, drunk driving, illegal drug running and others that would result in major crime reductions. At least Abbott and the Republicans are trying to do something unlike the left who thinks just talking about crime will stop it. And if more people would use their right to carry and actually use them criminals would think twice about things. Hopefully Abbott and the Republicans will pass more laws that support or right to defend our property, families and innocent bystanders while using deadly force like hold your ground with penalties. That would never happen if Betto or the left gets into power here.
The harshness or length of a sentence is not a deterrent. Celerity and certainty are deterrents. At this point the issue has been studied and analyzed for so long that it's not even debatable.

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/247350.pdf

Old 09-10-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The harshness or length of a sentence is not a deterrent. Celerity and certainty are deterrents. At this point the issue has been studied and analyzed for so long that it's not even debatable.

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/247350.pdf
Yea sure i believe this. Look at what stop and frisk did in NYC then what happened when it was stopped. Or the gang unit in LAPD and when it was disbanded. Putting a holes in jails stops crime and its proven and not debatable. Keeping in jail longer reduces it even more and killing the bastards that have been proven guilty will reduce it even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas