Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you glad the fall season has arrived in Texas?
Yes, Bring It On 31 88.57%
No, and Please Pass The Sunscreen 2 5.71%
Maybe, But A Little Cold Is Fine 1 2.86%
Doesn't Matter To Me 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:41 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,280,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I visit Austin every Summer, so I know how hot it gets! I don't care as long as I have a pool and AC! I'd rather be hot than cold. That shoveling snow and raking leaves is for the birds! I'm sore for a solid week after doing my leaves.
Try doing yard work in the heat of a Texas summer. It's tough stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 05:51 PM

197 posts, read 797,286 times
Although it is nice here *now*....by the end of the week it will be back up around 82, and the AC will be on again.
Take advantage and enjoy the energy savings will it lasts!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:30 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryMagic View Post
Although it is nice here *now*....by the end of the week it will be back up around 82, and the AC will be on again.
That must be so nice. The warm weather in fall, that is.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:07 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Try doing yard work in the heat of a Texas summer. It's tough stuff!
It's impossible!

Quote:
Oh I hate to hear that!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 03:21 AM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Well, can you feel it this morning?? All of 43 degrees this morning. I can live with it for a while, and it is refreshing for now, but I'm looking forward to next March.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
This is what I don't get. Why do people run the A/C in this type of weather? It's not like it's humid now in parts of Texas or anything and even if it were, a few days of it won't kill anyone when the temperature is only 82. The weather does change quickly at this time of year unlike the relentless heat for 5 months in the summer, before and beyond. I definitely prefer temperatures much cooler than 82, but I certainly don't think it warrants wasting energy. I'm able to leave my A/C off even in the low 90s, but only if it's dry. I can't stand the humidity.

Do people not open their windows and doors? It was cool the other evening when I was walking my dogs and my neighbors A/C was running. That's just ridiculous. They smoke like chimneys too; you'd think they'd want fresh air at this time of the year.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It's impossible!
It's probably worse in Houston, but I do my yard work in the heat of the summer and the summer weather in central Texas is nothing to brag about. I must admit I hate it, but I'm too frugal to hire anyone. They don't do it right anyway. Maybe when I get a little older, I'll give it up.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
This is what I don't get. Why do people run the A/C in this type of weather? It's not like it's humid now in parts of Texas or anything and even if it were, a few days of it won't kill anyone when the temperature is only 82. The weather does change quickly at this time of year unlike the relentless heat for 5 months in the summer, before and beyond. I definitely prefer temperatures much cooler than 82, but I certainly don't think it warrants wasting energy. I'm able to leave my A/C off even in the low 90s, but only if it's dry. I can't stand the humidity.

Do people not open their windows and doors? It was cool the other evening when I was walking my dogs and my neighbors A/C was running. That's just ridiculous. They smoke like chimneys too; you'd think they'd want fresh air at this time of the year.
Yep I'm one of those people that be running their AC, I have even been known to turn it on when it's 75 just for a few minutes at least to knock the humidity out. I can't open my windows because we have BAD allergies and the pollen that comes in really irritates us. And I am EXTREMELY hot natured so when that temp gets up to 82, my AC will be running

Old 10-28-2008, 01:44 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
I love fall, after the humid torture of August. Sure, August is great to go swimming in, but otherwise it's awful. This is my favorite time of year! 36 degrees in Ft Worth last night.

I don't use the A/C unless it's above 85 degrees and it stays warm at night (humid). I'm simply trying not to give TXU any more of my money than necessary. I have bad allergies too; I thought I would die during September a few times, and it didn't matter that my windows were closed.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yep I'm one of those people that be running their AC, I have even been known to turn it on when it's 75 just for a few minutes at least to knock the humidity out. I can't open my windows because we have BAD allergies and the pollen that comes in really irritates us. And I am EXTREMELY hot natured so when that temp gets up to 82, my AC will be running
Well, if you have allergies and can't open the windows, that's a good excuse. Does that mean people with allergies can't enjoy the outdoors because I know right now, the weather is fantastic in Houston. I'm just wondering because that would be really sad.

I've done the 75 degree thing with the A/C too when it's humid and I'm working around the house. If I'm just sitting, I can stand it with all the fans in the house going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas