Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 05:15 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sour cream View Post
Interesting! How many of them will actually get built in the next two years and are reality? That's a lot of highrises being proposed and would dramatically make this downtown substantial! It would make this downtown almost like Downtown Sydney, Australia, where it's very densely packed and very crowded and lively. I would love to go to Houston if this does materialize and hangout there. It would put this well being the tipping point. I would love for this to happen.
Chevron tower, 5 Allen Center, Hilcorp Tower, Capital Tower, 609 Main, International Tower, Hines Market Square residential, Block 35 residential, 6 Houston Center, Marriott Marquis, Hyatt Place, Hampton Inn & Homewood Suites, Nau Center for Heritage, 500 Crawford, Skyhouse, Alliance apartments, the GreenStreet Hotel, the Texaco redevelopment residential tower, 4th Chevron tower, Skanskas Main St property, and 6 Allen Center..?

the ones in bold are all likely to start in the next few years, or are already under construction. Chevron owns the property for that 4th tower, so its just a matter of when (were hoping it will be for a corporate HQ relocation) but probably not for at least 5 years. im sure Skanska wants to focus on their Capital Tower before they get going on their property on Main. Same with 6 Allen Center, 5AC is the primary focus atm. International Tower is a matter of signing a lead tenant, but i left it unbolded because unfortunately with all the other towers going up/vying for tenants i dont believe its practical to assume everything will be built, and I.T. has been the quietest of the new towers. Block 35 has been quiet too but it was in a PDF file of the city listed as a 35 story residential tower, and 6 Houston Center faces the same problems as International Tower, though its on a smaller scale.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:31 AM

a few of the taller projects going on around Houston atm.. quite a few more are set to break ground next year (like i indicated in the post above, though that was only for the new towers in downtown)

GreenStreet renovations (includes new 25 story Hotel)

downtown JW Marriott

The Sovereign

Hanover - uptown

609 Main

(interior demolition taking place in the Texas Tower to clear the site for Hines)

2929 Weslayan

almost half way up!

BPH Billiton tower
[IMG]http://media.bizj.us/view/img/20001/40aks-hr-linear-cropped*304.jpg[/IMG]
base of crane taking shape

Capital Tower
(demolition taking place on the Houston Club)

Hermann Place
(ground breaking first of the year)

Astoria

SkyHouse

Marriott Marquis

Old 11-20-2013, 01:33 PM

Two new residential high-rises announced for downtown.. one 10 story and the other a 28 story tower.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:33 PM

146 posts, read 352,848 times
Quote:
Uptown Houston District CEO John Breeding (speaking to our 350 attendees) says development is booming in his submarket across all property types. Residential is the bulk of construction, with over 20 multifamily high-rises in the works. There are eight hotels in discussion that would add 2,000 rooms, with four planning to break ground next year. There's 2M SF of office development in the pipeline. TxDOT is reconstructing the 59/610 interchange starting in 2017 and ending 2021, and John says his district's $190M mass transit plan is more than just transportation improvement; it'll remake Uptown. Fun fact: Uptown is the 14th-largest business district in the country
The Future of Uptown - Real Estate Bisnow (HOU)

Old 11-21-2013, 04:39 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
^^^^ Nice pictures

This has nothing to do with the topic, but this is the only time I wish I was in Houston.....we're gonna have to deal with crappy weather this week Snow yes, Ice no!

Old 11-22-2013, 03:35 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,183 times
In homage to the freezing weather…

Old 11-22-2013, 07:39 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
In homage to the freezing weather…
Love this!!!!

Old 11-23-2013, 03:34 AM

770 posts, read 1,797,912 times
Looks like Houston is well ahead of the game in terms of new skyscrapers in Texas. Don't get me wrong, Dallas has a pretty impressive downtown skyline as well as an impressive uptown skyline and a very strong economy, but Houston seems more like international cities like Hong Kong, and Singapore in terms of not only skyline, but international commerce. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston built a building several hundred feet taller than the JP Morgan Chase building in the near future. Houston really is a global city.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:11 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Looks like Houston is well ahead of the game in terms of new skyscrapers in Texas. Don't get me wrong, Dallas has a pretty impressive downtown skyline as well as an impressive uptown skyline and a very strong economy, but Houston seems more like international cities like Hong Kong, and Singapore in terms of not only skyline, but international commerce. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston built a building several hundred feet taller than the JP Morgan Chase building in the near future. Houston really is a global city.
Yes, Houston currently has more skyscrapers under construction than Dallas and most cities in the US. Dallas currently has massive construction projects and overall more construction projects and money being invested than Houston, but the taller ones are mostly mid-rises. There are lots of skyscraper plans however and some people believe the recent announcements is yielding a skyscraper boom in the next years to come that will redefine Dallas current tallest list.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:12 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,183 times
Actually, Dallas is booming. Things are even expected to pick up in the near future.

Frost Bank Tower U/C

Residences at Stoneleigh U/C

Skyhouse U/C

2001 McKinney (Cesar Pelli) In Development

Hall Arts Center U/C

Richards Group U/C

2500 McKinney Ave U/C

3700 McKinney Ave U/C

JLB Cedar Springs U/C

2505 Turtle Creek-In Development

Cantabria Turtle Creek U/C

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas