Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post

Fort Worth just gets thrown in as a crutch city when Dallas needs a helping hand to boost its amentities. Sorry to say but its true.
That's what I've said millions of times..... And Unos is still open. That Chili's is now a Jake's Hamburger joint..... They've got the best cheeseburgers I've ever had.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:18 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,844,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Sorry, but some Dallasites want to look down on their neighbors. Why help them win their arguments when they won't even respect us?

And don't take this too seriously, but that really is a pet peeve of mine....
Those Dallasites have a reputation for dogging out Fort Worth and than want us to help defend them hilarious.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:23 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Those Dallasites have a reputation for dogging out Fort Worth and than want us to help defend them hilarious.
Dallas dont need ft worth to defend anything..you guys cant be serious!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 11:31 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,844,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Lets just take Fort Worth 2.2 million out of the Metroplex and see how much respect Big D gets.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Lets just take Fort Worth 2.2 million out of the Metroplex and see how much respect Big D gets.
The same amount its been getting.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:57 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
What did Houston ever do to you? You may be in the DFW area but this really has always been between Dallas and Houston. Always has been and always will be.

Fort Worth just gets thrown in as a crutch city when Dallas needs a helping hand to boost its amentities. Sorry to say but its true.

Certain Houston posters are just full of it. Houstonians just hate that FW is part of the metro, cause it really tips the scales north.....

Old 05-06-2010, 02:22 PM

10,754 posts, read 23,832,257 times
Default My observation of this thread

WOW! I created this thread a while ago because I like cities with thriving downtowns. Some people here have painted a very good picture of the 5 cities mentioned. What I didn't realize was the fiece rivalries between Houston, Dallas, Austin, and Fort Worth (San Antonio not as much). You all smack eachother around brothers and sisters in a dysfunctional family. Funny thing is, if I were to diss Texas I might as well have snitched on the mafia as that is where lines get crossed, messing with the family in a way. If that ain't love then what is?

I have been to Austin and San Antonio and I enjoyed the downtowns in both cities. Austin impressed me with how much residential infrastructure is being built in downtown and it's expanding skyline. San Antonio's downtown struck me as touristy yet still very enjoyable as it seems that kind of preserved historic architecture from the 19th century is hard to come by in Texas (I could be wrong but that's what it seems like).

I haven't been to Houston or DFW but based on what is said here it seems they both had office park downtowns that became ghost towns after 6:00 PM some 20 years ago. Dallas has the potential to have a thriving downtown with the light rail and new lines being added. With the Trinity River project in Dallas, I'm sure that will give DTD a boost, but it's not quite there yet. Also many have said downtown Houston is improving , and probably at a much faster pace than Dallas?

Fort Worth as described on this thread seems to me to be the city that is authenticly Texan. Probably what a foreign tourist's image of what Dallas is like. That gives the metroplex an edge having 2 nearby cities with completely different character. Can't wait to visit this year.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:14 PM
JJG

Quote:
Then stop acting like ya do....

Old 05-06-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Then stop acting like ya do....
listen....gettin mad about everything is not gonna change anything. I dont act like nothing...I never mention Ft.worth when defending Dallas...get real!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 03:50 PM
JJG

Quote:
listen....gettin mad about everything is not gonna change anything. I dont act like nothing...I never mention Ft.worth when defending Dallas...get real!!!

For one thing, I'm talking to ALL Dallasites.
Dude, every.... single.... time.... someone on this forum says something about Fort Worth, you just have to step all over it. Everytime. I can go back....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas