Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 10:38 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,846,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
All I got to say is thank God Texans arent like this in real life for the most part. Whether Im in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth or wherever, people dont go out of their way to talk **** about another persons city. Very rarely have I heard people talk so negatively about cities in their own state in real life. In my experiance, it happend once in Houston about Dallas, but thats about it.

All of my friends in DFW live in Tarrant county. None have anything negative to say about Dallas when we talk about it. My coworkers in Dallas dont ever say anything negative about Fort Worth. We often go out there for fun.

Sometimes when some of you guys (not naming names) argue, you really bring the stereotypes of Texas to life. Sometimes people on here sound like complete morons. Especially when some from another city tries to say something nice about your city, and you turn around and trash his city.
Opinions vary about whether it's better to connect the downtowns of Fort Worth and Dallas, or to bring the trains to a more centralized location such as Dallas/Fort Worth Airport. From there, riders could catch local commuter rail or some other form of public transit to their final destination.
North Richland Hills Mayor Oscar Trevino noted that Glavin repeatedly referred to the North Texas region as "Dallas" when talking about high-speed rail corridors. "We'd be happy if you called it Dallas-Fort Worth," Trevino said.

Even a Fort Worth suburb mayor has a problem with people referring to the area as Dallas. As a Fort Worthian I will continue to correct people that call DFW the Dallas area it’s disrespectful and a slap in the face to Fort Worth.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/05/05/2166477/texas-top-rail-official-warns.html#

Old 05-07-2010, 12:30 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,798,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Downtown should be the the heart and soul of the city, a nucleus, a core. All Texas cities have a reputation to be auto dependent and sprawly. Out of the big 5 (Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Ft. Worth) which city do you think has the best downtown. Many cities are reversing the trend of sprawl and actually putting life back into their downtowns building high rise condo towers. Which downtown is the most pedestrian friendly, has sidewalk culture, retail and cafes.
San Antonio shouldn't even be on this poll. New Bruanfels and San Marcos have a better downtown!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:35 AM

10,755 posts, read 23,840,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
All I got to say is thank God Texans arent like this in real life for the most part. Whether Im in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth or wherever, people dont go out of their way to talk **** about another persons city. Very rarely have I heard people talk so negatively about cities in their own state in real life. In my experiance, it happend once in Houston about Dallas, but thats about it.

All of my friends in DFW live in Tarrant county. None have anything negative to say about Dallas when we talk about it. My coworkers in Dallas dont ever say anything negative about Fort Worth. We often go out there for fun.

Sometimes when some of you guys (not naming names) argue, you really bring the stereotypes of Texas to life. Sometimes people on here sound like complete morons. Especially when some from another city tries to say something nice about your city, and you turn around and trash his city.
Amen! Smacktalking totally negates anything meaningful the poster has to say. Here in New England I love roadtrips to Providence RI, Portland ME, or NYC. Why? Because they're not Boston. I appreciate their differences and character. Are they better than Boston? Hell no! But that's just my own subjective opinion and would find it useless to argue until I'm blue in the face to try to convince somebody otherwise. And if I were to smack talk NYC or Providence then my words would lose all their merrits and would just become just as self defeating and useless as these Dallas is better than Fort Worth or Houston and vice versa.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:25 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,458,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Here
Here
Here, implying that Fort Worth is even more backwoods and behind in society as a whole....
Here
Here
Here
Here
And here, where someone stated a fact about the area, yet you had to jump up and say, "because we're big bad Dallas, that belongs to us!"

Only on the "Dallas vs. Fort Worth" thread I could care less. But when someone has something good to say about Fort Worth, it's attention away from D-town, so you just have to but in.

I mean what is it....? When people say somethin' about Fort Worth, is it like a diss to you Dallasites or something? You think everybody else uses us as somethin' to get back at Dallas with?

Nah, that's not fair.... even a Dallasite said we BOTH need eachother so obviously it's not all of ya. But really.... why?
omg...Everyone of my post that u linked was in RESPONSE to a FT.WORTHIAN who implied something about dallas that I disagreed with.And we all disagree about alot of stuff on these forums. I also started most of the post with positive stuff about Ft.Worth. People on here are just choosing to ignore that because im supposed to be the bad guy.U are just having a hard time swallowing the truth about the stuff i mention. U cant paint me as a troll because im speaking truth or because U dont like my opinion....Its Houstonians that speak up stuff about Dallas that I never want to hear but if its true i just suck it up..Quit tryna make it seem as if I dont like FtWorth...I do!...but probably not as much as you....and vise versa....I still stand by every one of my post that u linked...maybe u need to re-read them along with the post that Im responding to, to get a better understanding of what im saying.My intentions are not to offend anybody..but some claims and myths have to be "MYTH BUSTED"....and I dont have a problem busting them.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
omg...Everyone of my post that u linked was in RESPONSE to a FT.WORTHIAN who implied something about dallas that I disagreed with.And we all disagree about alot of stuff on these forums. I also started most of the post with positive stuff about Ft.Worth. People on here are just choosing to ignore that because im supposed to be the bad guy.U are just having a hard time swallowing the truth about the stuff i mention. U cant paint me as a troll because im speaking truth or because U dont like my opinion....Its Houstonians that speak up stuff about Dallas that I never want to hear but if its true i just suck it up..Quit tryna make it seem as if I dont like FtWorth...I do!...but probably not as much as you....and vise versa....I still stand by every one of my post that u linked...maybe u need to re-read them along with the post that Im responding to, to get a better understanding of what im saying.My intentions are not to offend anybody..but some claims and myths have to be "MYTH BUSTED"....and I dont have a problem busting them.
lol

Again, you're spinning it.

Those posts still had something negative or had "Dallas is better because...." in them. Even if you start off with one small positive thing about about it, you still have more negative in there. If I said (and kept saying) Dallas is nice, but [somethin' negative...] it still outways the positive. I've read those posts up and down and sideways.... there's nothing in there that makes me change my mind.

Obviously, you don't read anyone of my other posts, because you'd know why I keep talking about this.

BTW, there are several opinions that I don't like, even hate with a passion on this forum. And alot of those opinions are against my hometown. However, I don't call them trolls just for the sole reason of me not liking what I have to say. So maybe if you read some of the stuff I've had, you could get a better understanding of what I'm saying.....

Old 05-07-2010, 01:26 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,458,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
lol

Again, you're spinning it.

Those posts still had something negative or had "Dallas is better because...." in them. Even if you start off with one small positive thing about about it, you still have more negative in there. If I said (and kept saying) Dallas is nice, but [somethin' negative...] it still outways the positive. I've read those posts up and down and sideways.... there's nothing in there that makes me change my mind.

Obviously, you don't read anyone of my other posts, because you'd know why I keep talking about this.

BTW, there are several opinions that I don't like, even hate with a passion on this forum. And alot of those opinions are against my hometown. However, I don't call them trolls just for the sole reason of me not liking what I have to say. So maybe if you read some of the stuff I've had, you could get a better understanding of what I'm saying.....
........ugh!!!!!.....just forget it!!!!!.....

Old 05-07-2010, 03:16 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
LAnative you really don't have to watch us trash each other if you don't like it..it's just what we natives do. This extends to teasing someone you grew up with - it's sort of considered affectionate. You will also see us spring to defend and praise our rival cities to non-Texans.

I was happily wolfing down enchiladas at Joe T's in Fort Worthless three weeks ago and enjoying a fried avocado and margaritas on the rooftop of Cafe Adobe a week later (overlooking swampland Houston through the petroleum haze).

Tradition, Tradition!

Old 05-07-2010, 04:00 PM

355 posts, read 469,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakewooder View Post

i was happily wolfing down enchiladas at joe t's in fort worthless three weeks ago and enjoying a fried avocado and margaritas on the rooftop of cafe adobe a week later (overlooking swampland houston through the petroleum haze).

Tradition, tradition!
lmao! :d

Old 05-07-2010, 04:08 PM

10,755 posts, read 23,840,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
San Antonio shouldn't even be on this poll. New Bruanfels and San Marcos have a better downtown!
quite the contrary New Braunfels and San Marcos are not big cities, 99% of people outside of Texas have never heard of, and San Antonio has a very nice downtown.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:10 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,740,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Jesus, give San Antonio some credit. Not many cities can claim to have downtowns that have a thriving tourist district and a mall complete with a Macy's.

Besides New Braunfels and San Marcos are much smaller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas