Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2015, 12:06 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
I also think that a lot of people are taught that talking to strangers is bad. Ever since I was young it's been taught not to associate with strangers. People are so paranoid around here thinking someone is a rapist or kidnapper or something. When that is obviously not the case. And most people here couldn't hurt anything if they tried.

This clearly transforms us into adults that do not want to talk to strangers. They obviously just want to hurt us in some sort of way. We are not taught to see the best in people. We are taught to assume the worst.

It's more of a nurture than a nature thing. Because colder climates in america still are very friendly even though they are statistically a much more violent society.
The don't talk to strangers message was totally beat in to most kids brains growing up in the city. It is tricky to get that idea out of ones head. A few months ago I a sore throat and it was really uncomfortable so I got these cough candy things and was sucking on one and I felt a million times better. On my ride home I noticed the lady beside me also seemed to have a really uncomfortable sore throat. I really wanted to offer her a cough candy, but I was like oh man if I offer her a candy everyone I the train is going to think I am nuts. You know ... never take candy from a stranger and her I am stranger offering this woman candy lol. A few stops later after much internal debate I offered the women a cough candy and explained why. She actually took it and thanked me ( and no one called me crazy at least to my face).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittychick View Post
I am reading the above posts and can't help but laughing. You wonder why you can't get laid in Toronto? it's because you refer to women as 2/10 or 10/10, etc. First, we are not objects, we are people and women in Toronto can sniff out a loser who refers to women in these terms from a mile away and this is why you are getting the bums rush and not getting laid. Try approaching women and speaking to them without the ogling, without your ultimate goal being "getting laid" cause we can sense that from a mile away too and for the most part, are not interested. It's not the women, it's you.
its true, he mentioned, he cant get laid. Definitely a give way. No girl wants to be around a player, they like guys who are themselves and not try so hard to get laid. It might be awkward coming from a guy, but i dont like guys like that. I was talking to my cousin, she was like my sister, at some party, some dude came by started flirting with my cousin while avoiding me. I knew what he was trying to do, my cousin knew too. She tried so hard to be nice to his advances cause he kept coming and coming. It reached to the point where she literally was going to yell at him to stop bothering her, but he left realising his not getting anywhere. Now i wonder if its the same guy who posted this thread.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Default Very true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niro1014 View Post
its true, he mentioned, he cant get laid. Definitely a give way. No girl wants to be around a player, they like guys who are themselves and not try so hard to get laid. It might be awkward coming from a guy, but i dont like guys like that. I was talking to my cousin, she was like my sister, at some party, some dude came by started flirting with my cousin while avoiding me. I knew what he was trying to do, my cousin knew too. She tried so hard to be nice to his advances cause he kept coming and coming. It reached to the point where she literally was going to yell at him to stop bothering her, but he left realising his not getting anywhere. Now i wonder if its the same guy who posted this thread.
Guys that are just trying to get laid usually give off a vibe in terms of body language and speech. I get that some people are just looking to get laid, but if someone is in to you and looking to hook up with you they will give you that vibe back otherwise get out of the their face it is annoying. This is the problem. Some times women are just trying to be polite and not be out right rude when they are not interested and then the men like this don't get it and wont move on to their next target. So being polite becomes tricky because you don't want to hurt someone's feelings, but you also want them to know you are not interested in them.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:44 PM

800 posts, read 730,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niro1014 View Post
I don't think you understand what a player is. A player is one that gets laid by multiple women. I think you are referring to a lame. A player would have realized the weren't going nowhere right away and moved on to someone else.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:45 PM

800 posts, read 730,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Guys that are just trying to get laid usually give off a vibe in terms of body language and speech. I get that some people are just looking to get laid, but if someone is in to you and looking to hook up with you they will give you that vibe back otherwise get out of the their face it is annoying. This is the problem. Some times women are just trying to be polite and not be out right rude when they are not interested and then the men like this don't get it and wont move on to their next target. So being polite becomes tricky because you don't want to hurt someone's feelings, but you also want them to know you are not interested in them.
That's why it's best to approach in a club. All the bull that society teaches you is out the window and all you really have is pure attraction. Or pure neglect. Haha.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:51 PM

11 posts, read 12,317 times
Default Quickly to Chime in.

I agree the women in this city are boring, 5's thinking they are a 9's, snotty, self serving wannabe's

I am only being fair. I am recently divorced. I have a 6 figure salary, and I would rate my self a 3 out of 5. With 5 being a brad pitt in the looks department. I work-out 4 days a week and it shows. I dress well, have stupid Semi Detached I purchased three years ago for more than its worth but hey its Toronto, otherwise some 20something chinese kid with daddies money and a porshe panamera would have scooped it. I am 43 but look more like I am in my early 30s and have 2 kids. I started back in the dating scene to meet someone. But even women in the 40 to 45 age grouped are F*&^ed up. I tried going on Tinder and OKC on the advise of some of my friends. I am just not into that phony club scene anymore and its hard between a busy Proj.Mgmt Job and kids to get time to go.

Here is an example of my experience.
I posted a pic on Tinder swiped right very rarely, looking for nice looking women, I immediately swipe right if its one of those sticking out her boobs or doing a duck-face like she is about to suck on a sausage. No responses. So as a joke I posted a clone of a brad pitt. Instantly the hit count went up. I had women messaging me that should have their mouths stapled shut. I mean you have a serious mental problem when you weigh 200 plus pounds or have too many tattoos that youre a walking chapters-indigo store and you look in the mirror each morning and say, yeah I look like Brook Shields. Or to the young'ns out there, Pamela Anderson.

So finally a 43 year old messages me. I respond and she seems interesting. Now to be clear. She is 43! Divorced and from the pictures looks her age on her face. But a fairly well maintained body. If I had to rate from 1 to 5 I would say 3/3.5. You can definitely see the age in the face no matter how many layers they add on of foundation makeup. (women show their age in the face and hands BTW) Anyhoo....I send her a real pic of me. We chat on the phone for a bit and make a date for drinks. She calls me a gentleman for letting her pick the venue and meet up with her. Mind you I live in Markham and she lives in Oakville so it was a long ****ing drive to meet up with someone. I wear my expensive pair of jeans and a nice form fitting dress shirt. Meet her. She looked stunning in those high stiletto boots and black dress with one of those v necks she has to tape her boobs to the side. I make eye contact although got a very quick view of her nice legs and her upper body. Now mind you her body is fairly nice but I wouldnt say its tight. But everyone has those perfect imperfections so I write it of. She orders the most expensive 5 oz glass of wine..um ok. And we start to talk. She is a little weird and domineering but I am good listener. She doesn't let me get a word in and when she does she gets pretty judgmental and she turns out to be a little duplistic. Ok, its a first date so I brush it off to nervousness. She is also ultra sensitive thinking I wanted to go out with another girl when I talked with her on the phone and told her I had to pick up my kids from their grandmothers. So as the night wears on it seemed to be going well. She ques its time to go and I walk her out.

On the way out she says its funny I didnt post a real pic of myself and I tell her first I sent her photos of the real me, that it was a joke and that I normally dont post anything personnel on the net, that I value my privacy. She responds well at least I got a laugh. She gives me one of those eww I dont want to touch him hugs and leaves. Later when I get home I text her, "thank you for a lovely evening, I find you to be an interesting woman and hope to get together again, maybe for dinner" She doesnt respond and deletes me from her list.

So, out of my first date in a long time, I assume that many women are like this. Stuck up nothings just a 5 thinking they are a 9, minus class and dignity. I think women hyberbolize way more than men on how they look. If anything I add the old saying sticks, that women age like cheese and men age like wine. An no amount of Makeup, foundation, drawing in your eyebrows...brrr, boob jobs, tight spandax or botox, when you take all that off, its the real you, when you look in the mirror, and eventually you become a slave to gravity.

One more thing I want to add. being 5'8 I always fear that women are looking for giant ogres. She mentioned to me her ex was 6.3 but when I mentioned to her at the close of the evening that she was the same height as me in her heels she laughed. Um so when you take those ****ing things off and if your with a giant ogre guy, and you sleep together her face would be buried in the guys ball juice. I always found that to be perplexing.

Anyway, its my first official date since becoming single. I have to say on the way home it did drop my confidence a bit. I mean online dating is so ****ed up because its all on the guy to be witty, smart and entertaining. And when youre only judging based on pictures its just ****ing superficial.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:01 PM

Now I want to comment on the overall dating scene in this wannabe NEW YORK S***tropolis. Its mostly asians. All my life I have mostly dated asians. But now unless you drive a porshe panamera and have LV shoes and a wallet continuously stuffed with 100 dollar bills there is pretty much a slim chance you will get anything.

As such. I think it goes a lot further for guys to take a week off go to Cuba and spend a few nights with a beautiful local. Its cheaper, you get your needs taken care of and you get to enjoy the sun and scene. This city is **** for meeting people. And I hear the same from my young chinese neighbor that wasnt blessed with mammy and pappies stolen money. Too bad. There is going to be a huge upsurge of a lot of 50 somethings alone and miserable.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiNu View Post
Now I want to comment on the overall dating scene in this wannabe NEW YORK S***tropolis. Its mostly asians. All my life I have mostly dated asians. But now unless you drive a porshe panamera and have LV shoes and a wallet continuously stuffed with 100 dollar bills there is pretty much a slim chance you will get anything.

As such. I think it goes a lot further for guys to take a week off go to Cuba and spend a few nights with a beautiful local. Its cheaper, you get your needs taken care of and you get to enjoy the sun and scene. This city is **** for meeting people. And I hear the same from my young chinese neighbor that wasnt blessed with mammy and pappies stolen money. Too bad. There is going to be a huge upsurge of a lot of 50 somethings alone and miserable.

Thanks for reminding me that sex tourism continues to be a ongoing issue in places like Cuba where women/people in general have less and often fall in to temptation to sell their dignity to make a fast buck. I got to wonder in general if this issue places like Toronto have on the dating sceen is just a bi-product of ongoing shallow lifestyles and mentality many of us have. If is ironic that most of the men posting about this topic on this forum continually draw reference to the fact that they have better luck meeting women in places that in my opinion tend to have lower material wealth. I would question if you meet a group of women of comparable wealth, income and social status in any part of the world if the situation would not be more similar then different. Anyone want to take on that project?

Old 01-25-2016, 07:57 PM

Default Oh my god lol ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiNu View Post
I agree the women in this city are boring, 5's thinking they are a 9's, snotty, self serving wannabe's

I am only being fair. I am recently divorced. I have a 6 figure salary, and I would rate my self a 3 out of 5. With 5 being a brad pitt in the looks department. I work-out 4 days a week and it shows. I dress well, have stupid Semi Detached I purchased three years ago for more than its worth but hey its Toronto, otherwise some 20something chinese kid with daddies money and a porshe panamera would have scooped it. I am 43 but look more like I am in my early 30s and have 2 kids. I started back in the dating scene to meet someone. But even women in the 40 to 45 age grouped are F*&^ed up. I tried going on Tinder and OKC on the advise of some of my friends. I am just not into that phony club scene anymore and its hard between a busy Proj.Mgmt Job and kids to get time to go.

Here is an example of my experience.
I posted a pic on Tinder swiped right very rarely, looking for nice looking women, I immediately swipe right if its one of those sticking out her boobs or doing a duck-face like she is about to suck on a sausage. No responses. So as a joke I posted a clone of a brad pitt. Instantly the hit count went up. I had women messaging me that should have their mouths stapled shut. I mean you have a serious mental problem when you weigh 200 plus pounds or have too many tattoos that youre a walking chapters-indigo store and you look in the mirror each morning and say, yeah I look like Brook Shields. Or to the young'ns out there, Pamela Anderson.

So finally a 43 year old messages me. I respond and she seems interesting. Now to be clear. She is 43! Divorced and from the pictures looks her age on her face. But a fairly well maintained body. If I had to rate from 1 to 5 I would say 3/3.5. You can definitely see the age in the face no matter how many layers they add on of foundation makeup. (women show their age in the face and hands BTW) Anyhoo....I send her a real pic of me. We chat on the phone for a bit and make a date for drinks. She calls me a gentleman for letting her pick the venue and meet up with her. Mind you I live in Markham and she lives in Oakville so it was a long ****ing drive to meet up with someone. I wear my expensive pair of jeans and a nice form fitting dress shirt. Meet her. She looked stunning in those high stiletto boots and black dress with one of those v necks she has to tape her boobs to the side. I make eye contact although got a very quick view of her nice legs and her upper body. Now mind you her body is fairly nice but I wouldnt say its tight. But everyone has those perfect imperfections so I write it of. She orders the most expensive 5 oz glass of wine..um ok. And we start to talk. She is a little weird and domineering but I am good listener. She doesn't let me get a word in and when she does she gets pretty judgmental and she turns out to be a little duplistic. Ok, its a first date so I brush it off to nervousness. She is also ultra sensitive thinking I wanted to go out with another girl when I talked with her on the phone and told her I had to pick up my kids from their grandmothers. So as the night wears on it seemed to be going well. She ques its time to go and I walk her out.

On the way out she says its funny I didnt post a real pic of myself and I tell her first I sent her photos of the real me, that it was a joke and that I normally dont post anything personnel on the net, that I value my privacy. She responds well at least I got a laugh. She gives me one of those eww I dont want to touch him hugs and leaves. Later when I get home I text her, "thank you for a lovely evening, I find you to be an interesting woman and hope to get together again, maybe for dinner" She doesnt respond and deletes me from her list.

So, out of my first date in a long time, I assume that many women are like this. Stuck up nothings just a 5 thinking they are a 9, minus class and dignity. I think women hyberbolize way more than men on how they look. If anything I add the old saying sticks, that women age like cheese and men age like wine. An no amount of Makeup, foundation, drawing in your eyebrows...brrr, boob jobs, tight spandax or botox, when you take all that off, its the real you, when you look in the mirror, and eventually you become a slave to gravity.

One more thing I want to add. being 5'8 I always fear that women are looking for giant ogres. She mentioned to me her ex was 6.3 but when I mentioned to her at the close of the evening that she was the same height as me in her heels she laughed. Um so when you take those ****ing things off and if your with a giant ogre guy, and you sleep together her face would be buried in the guys ball juice. I always found that to be perplexing.

Anyway, its my first official date since becoming single. I have to say on the way home it did drop my confidence a bit. I mean online dating is so ****ed up because its all on the guy to be witty, smart and entertaining. And when youre only judging based on pictures its just ****ing superficial.

Okay I finally took a second to read threw what you wrote in detail. Dude ... you seem pretty shallow and judgemental. Read what you wrote and think about how it sounds? You say you are a 3... but want someone that is higher in your opinion ... don't you think there is someone wrong with that picture. I think for the most part many of the people that are going to be sad and lonely are the ones with these kinds of attitudes. YOU ARE REALLY JUDGEMENTAL!!!! 90% of your post commented on physical appearance and money!!! You are the exact same type of person you are complaining about!!!

I got news for the people who keep on boasting about making a 6 figures salary ... it does not matter as much as you think. If you annoy the hell out of someone no money in the world will make that last. To be honest based on your shared mentality I would 100% say you are the type of man that would be a bad investment as a partner in a relationship. Here is why 1. You clearly have a money complex 2. You appear way to concerned about material things 3. Anyone who is not delusional should realize they are going to get old and will never always look like perfection ... and you clearly do not seem like the person that would forgive a few wrinkles and a touch of grey.

From your description you appear to have a pretty ugly personality. Maybe hooking up with someone who has no idea what you are saying is probably a good idea. The issue is likely not your looks, but your attitude. A 5 can quickly become a 0 once he opens his mouth. A 0 can move up the ladder fast once given the opportunity to let his true colours show. Be nicer and less judgemental and maybe this positive energy will be returned to you.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Okay I finally took a second to read threw what you wrote in detail. Dude ... you seem pretty shallow and judgemental. Read what you wrote and think about how it sounds? You say you are a 3... but want someone that is higher in your opinion ... don't you think there is someone wrong with that picture. I think for the most part many of the people that are going to be sad and lonely are the ones with these kinds of attitudes. YOU ARE REALLY JUDGEMENTAL!!!! 90% of your post commented on physical appearance and money!!! You are the exact same type of person you are complaining about!!!

I got news for the people who keep on boasting about making a 6 figures salary ... it does not matter as much as you think. If you annoy the hell out of someone no money in the world will make that last. To be honest based on your shared mentality I would 100% say you are the type of man that would be a bad investment as a partner in a relationship. Here is why 1. You clearly have a money complex 2. You appear way to concerned about material things 3. Anyone who is not delusional should realize they are going to get old and will never always look like perfection ... and you clearly do not seem like the person that would forgive a few wrinkles and a touch of grey.

From your description you appear to have a pretty ugly personality. Maybe hooking up with someone who has no idea what you are saying is probably a good idea. The issue is likely not your looks, but your attitude. A 5 can quickly become a 0 once he opens his mouth. A 0 can move up the ladder fast once given the opportunity to let his true colours show. Be nicer and less judgemental and maybe this positive energy will be returned to you.

Well, I would disagree. I dont value money and body type as much as you think. However, I am trying to point out that most women in this city way over estimate themselves. I think for the most part you missed a large point of my point and completely turned it upside down. As I said I am willing to live with people faults and I think you missed a major part of that statement. Anyway. People tend to usually overlook what someone says and repackage it to suit their own world view.

good Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto