Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2016, 11:05 PM

169 posts, read 111,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post

I agree with Hobbes when he says men are biologically-wired to like to look at fit and attractive women in their twenties. If that wasn't the case, then Playboy, Penthouse, and the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue wouldn't survive. Neither would NFL cheerleaders, strip clubs, the Sunshine Girl in Canadian Sun newspapers, the Page 3 girl in the British Sun, or Hooters restaurants, among others. But while a 50-year-old man may go to, say, Hooters; he typically knows that he's there for the eye-candy. There is a slim-to-none chance that he will go home with a Hooters girl--but he can enjoy the view while he's there.
Women's peak fertility starts at 16 and starts to decline at the age of 22. Women who are young and healthy are more likely to produce better offspring. There is a reason why there are more misscarrages when a woman is over 30 and there's a reason why it's more difficult for women to get pregnant after age 30.
Human being probably wouldn't have survived if men weren't biologically attracted young attractive women.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Oh boy. Where do I start with this one. Okay I think hobbesdj points sadly do reflect the values and opinions of far to many men. I have learned as a women at a younger age to avoid men that convey any signs of this mindset as they are virtually useless and a bad investment of any women's time. I am also not going to completely pretend that I fully understand Anna situation because I have not been single since I was 22 or 23 (something like that).

I have had the opportunity to play just about every stereotypical female role except grandmother ... and holly cow that better not happen for a super crazy long time. This situation to the core confuses me as a women around the same age... so what do men think happens to women after 30s? Are we suppose to be disposable? Why do we not matter? Are we just to exist for your pleasure? We give birth to you and take care for you ... once that phase is over .. you move on to seeing women as something for you to play around with for your amusement until you find a brand new shiny toy to play with. That is pretty messed up.

The understanding of the train of thought expressed by hobbesdj is why women in this city are probably as harsh as they are with men. I got to say personally I am only rude or harsh with people if they rub me the wrong way .. ex super full of themselves for me a trigger to automatic shoot someone one down and intently knock their ego back down. I think many women in this city may be the same way and why not if we are just meant to be around for your amusement, why not push back as much as we can and have some fun with it.

As a women I got to say this makes the purpose of being in a relationship with a man look pretty pointless. Why invest in caring about someone if you are no better then disposable. No wonder women are so selective. I can honestly say that most strategic time to meet a man that you want to spend your life with is when you look your worst. I always hated night clubs for that reason. The idea of being dressed up and being preyed on like a piece of meat. Graded and evaluated like you were up for sale at auction. That is why I really urge any women reading this to not to choose your partner based highly on money and outward appearance. Men with lost of money and that are very fully of themselves who only like you for your outward appearance are a really bad investment. Make your own money and be able to stand on your own because the only person you are ever really going to have to take care of you is yourself. You may be lucky enough to meet a truly good person who really cares about you, but just in case you need to always have a back up plan. Always try to be independent enough to be able to walk out of the relationship if it goes sour and love yourself at least at much as you love anyone else (if not more).

If what hobbesdj has expressed is still the way the majority of men think then all I got to say pretty girls don't forget to continue to bleed their wallets dry for as long as you can.

No mercy for the merciless !
Women in North America initiate 70% of divorces. Who is the one being disposable? This is mostly no fault divorce it isn't due to violence, etc.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post
I'm sorry to be rude but you sound like a brainwashed 20 year old Man Rights Activist. it's like saying that women are biologically attracted to wealth and power and therefore men with small incomes stand no chance.

Of course we are all physically attracted to youth, health and nice bodies. Do you think women aren't? But people do not get married because somebody looks good. Physical attraction is relative, some people like skinny people, some people like fat people, some women like skinny guys, some like them buff, some men like younger women, some men like older.

All that clap trap about being biologically programmed sounds like an excuse for somebody's ultra shalowness. I understand that we all have preferences and attraction is something that can't be controlled but to generalize like that is just plain wrong.

As for the age, you have 42 year olds who look like Heidi Klum and you have 20 year olds who are traditionally less attractive. It's all relevant.
Men's Rights activists doesn't say that it's MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way). There is enough science to prove the guy's point. There's is a reason why men are far more visual than women are. You yourself wouldn't date someone who make far less than you. So you can't really complain.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
You have completely missed my point. I have never said I want marriage, I don't, I don't really care much for relationship either, if it happens that's wonderful, if it doesn't I'm ok with it. I'm happy to date just casually most of the time, if I'm honest at the moment I prefer to have a f_ck buddy over a boyfriend because I don't even know where I'm going to be next year so I'd rather not invest myself emotionally.

And while men in their late 30s/early 40s might go for younger women, guys in their 20s go for older women. It's a fact (again, I am not talking about marriage here).

My point was with regards to being approached, having a game, being able to flirt, being confident when you approach someone etc. I also don't look my age at all if it matters. And I have also said that if I go to Chicago or New York men seem to act completely different towards me.

It's not because I was younger when I lived in these cities, I travel to US every 2 months and twice a year to London UK.

And also, how do you "take care of marriage"? Are you suggesting woman should settle for someone she's not in love with for the sake of being married? That is just atrocious.
Why can't women do that? Women claimed women can do anything a man can do. So women should at least doing some of the approaching. Also if you are meeting men from online dating sites like tinder and pof you aren't getting quality men. Any man with a good game will approach women in real life.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Wow, I didn't realize it was still 1950's.

I guess this really, very sadly, sums up men in Toronto, of course I won't say all of them, but seriously. A career woman? Are yo serious? You do realize that everybody who lives in the city is going to have a career, right? I work 37 hours a week, love my job, I'm not stressed or tired. Do you think that woman who will stay at home with a new born baby is not going to be stressed or tired?

I don't even have words to comment on that. You shouldn't probably say "we" because you're offending many men.
A career women works 37 hours a week? LOL Seriously my sister is a career woman and she works a lot of over time. Many women in Asia that are career women work a lot longer hours. There are laws in America, I am not sure about Canada where there's a quota requirement for hiring. That means women will get jobs instead of men just because they are women. Schools are designed for females not males. This is why we have more women in university than men. I'm not point blame. Most women won't date down. Also having a baby isn't that stressful compared to a job. Many men love spending time with the kids even when they are a baby.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
LOL, EVERYBODY does online dating. I mean everybody, the biggest most handsome alpha males I have known did online dating, it allows you to meet more people, not everybody hangs out in a bar 3 times a week. Your ignorance is astonishing.

I have never claimed to be perfect. To suggest that men are put off by women who have careers, in the city, and then say someone is a loser for dating online, in the city, sadly suggests that you are massively out of touch with reality.

I guarantee you, that no successful man in New York or Moscow would ever feel threatened by a hard working independent woman, quite the opposite, they would seek them out.

I'm not offended, I'm just shocked that in 2015 in a supposedly progressive place like Canada people actually write that kind of twaddle and believe in it. I'm starting to understand why this place isn't for me, and why so many women are unhappy in Toronto.
I have never done online dating although I did end meeting a few people from a gaming site.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I appreciate honestly, but ... then what is the point? If as a woman I got an attraction best before date of around 30s max in most men's eyes then what is the point of investing in a relationship with a man? What is in it for me? Why would a women want to get married or be in a relationship with a man? Sex? Is that all? In the world of modern technology their are other plastic devices sold all over the world that can replace that function of a man. If a women wants to have a child... there are banks that supply the needed ingredients or adoption. There has to be more to this then that or Disney really needs to really get a class action laws suit slapped on them for misleading the world.

Okay maybe by mentality is strange, but I have a go after what you want train of thought. If you say to me that if I am not a 20 years old super attractive women, your attention will always be pulled towards other better looking youger women ... my attitude would be if that is what you want why are you not going for it? Why are you with me? Why are you waisting my time? I would never want to be someone's chairty case? I would never want to be a super needy person on that level. I would end the relationship. I just don't get that. There is a different between randomly just noticing that another person is attrative to you and going out of your way to lust after people that look a certain way. Ex noticing someone walking by vs. going to a strip club.

The comments related to women that have careers makes me laugh. It reminds me of the concept of power blances in relationships. I really do not think that anyone male or female should dumb themselves down to make their partners feel better about themselves. I think each member of a team brings certain skills to the table and I see no need for that role to be fixed based on weither someone is male or female. Should I be less ambitious because I am female? Should I only be in relationships with men that have the same education and income as me? How much I make or how educated or not I am is only a sprinkle of relevant information. It does not define the type of people I connect with, my values and interests. I have never been the type of person to ask for someone's T4 or what they do for a living before deciding if I like them or not. I do not get that mentality. Oh well to each his own.
Go to youtube and look up John Gray a relationship expert who has helped thousands of couples in person. Women aren't happy having a career because it's tailor to men. The book Work with Me shows proof.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Why are you lying on here? Anyone who has read the thread will know I have never said anything like that. I had two dating partners before I moved to toronto, I didn't want anything serious and we weren't exclusive. As for my reasons for moving here - you know nothing about that.

And again, I have never said that I can't find anyone here. I never did. I simply complained about the dating scene and men.

You are an absolute idiot and you have serious issues with reading comprehension.
If you don't want anything serious why do you expect men to go out with you? If it's not a relationship it is a **** buddy arrangement. Why do you expect men to court or do anything to impress you. Giving sex to men before marriage is crazy because a woman have given her jewels. You shouldn't even be complaining. It's just a FWB.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAndres View Post
No, I teach her what it's like to be warm, open, interested and that she's allowed to be that way too and there won't be any danger or judgment. That there's no need to be defensive or cold. It's ok to have human feelings.
You are correct you should look up Dr John Gray on youtube. He has been teaching people how to have successful relationships. Women aren't women anymore.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:05 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadmike View Post
Women's peak fertility starts at 16 and starts to decline at the age of 22. Women who are young and healthy are more likely to produce better offspring. There is a reason why there are more misscarrages when a woman is over 30 and there's a reason why it's more difficult for women to get pregnant after age 30.
Human being probably wouldn't have survived if men weren't biologically attracted young attractive women.
Get over the biology debate. I do t any man I have ever met that was wanting to meet a 16 to 22 year woman to have his kids. To be honest I personally no very few men that have ever had the idea of having kids on their minds when they are in their 20s in this city. Most Canadians have 1-2 kids a best. So the whole idea whole fertility arguement seems pretty stupid. You are exaggerating regarding the miscarriage situation after 30s as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto