Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 09:51 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,728,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Yeah ok. Lol. It seems women use sex to get to a relationship. If you do not want a relationship sex is generally off the table. I find successful one night stands are just ones where u you get caught in the moment. And not so planned.

Let's face it. If you have sex with no intention of getting in a relationship you are deemed a ****. And no one wants to be labelled a ****.
That's why smart women keep their business on the down low. Guys that can keep their mouths shut are worth their weight in gold .

Old 06-06-2016, 10:41 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,710,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I got to ask this ... but I see way more people reading stuff by the viewed stats on these threads posted then commenting. Are there just a lot of people out there are just too shy to write something or it is the same people reading this stuff over and over again writing. If you are out there just reading ... share your experiences too. I don't think anyone knows everything on these topics. What are you thinking? Take the stage already !
I've been reading these threads with interest and I've gotta say just makes me glad that I'm not single and live in Toronto

Old 06-07-2016, 10:30 AM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I've been reading these threads with interest and I've gotta say just makes me glad that I'm not single and live in Toronto
This is the type of city we live in. The same people complaining are part of the problem. So not sure why they think they should have things easier. It everything came so easy then what would be the point of doing anything?

Old 06-07-2016, 12:38 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,710,622 times
Quote:
This is the type of city we live in. The same people complaining are part of the problem. So not sure why they think they should have things easier. It everything came so easy then what would be the point of doing anything?
Indeed. I say for those guys who aren't happy with the Toronto dating scene, they should try and move or find a lady from elsewhere to move to Toronto to be with.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:07 PM

Default Lol ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Indeed. I say for those guys who aren't happy with the Toronto dating scene, they should try and move or find a lady from elsewhere to move to Toronto to be with.
Don't encourage that. If someone is looking for the right person it is more luck of the draw anywhere.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:32 PM

349 posts, read 991,315 times
Some background info on the difficulty of dating for men in Canada, which are well-documented:
Toronto Men Unite

Key issues for men in Canada are
- A shortage of women, Canada has a fairly high Male/Female gender ratio, even a bit higher than the US
- Canadian men are good-looking, so competition is intense
- The women have a strong feminist streak, so there's a leftist culture in which men are somewhat penalized for exhibiting traditional or macho attributes, they have to be 'new-age' and learn to deal with arrogance/unfriendliness

The degree to which Canadian men have to get creative is illustrated in the culture of 'Game'/Pick-Up Artists (PUA) which came out of Canada. The founder of this movement, Erik von Markovik, was Canadian.

In comparison with the US, traditional dating for men is slightly harder in Canada, but on the other hand 'commercial' outlets are fully legal, abundant, and good-quality, all of which would be instantly banned in the US. Canadian strip clubs are some of the best in the world, and prostitution is legal.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:53 PM

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
Some background info on the difficulty of dating for men in Canada, which are well-documented:
Toronto Men Unite

Key issues for men in Canada are
- A shortage of women, Canada has a fairly high Male/Female gender ratio, even a bit higher than the US
- Canadian men are good-looking, so competition is intense
- The women have a strong feminist streak, so there's a leftist culture in which men are somewhat penalized for exhibiting traditional or macho attributes, they have to be 'new-age' and learn to deal with arrogance/unfriendliness

The degree to which Canadian men have to get creative is illustrated in the culture of 'Game'/Pick-Up Artists (PUA) which came out of Canada. The founder of this movement, Erik von Markovik, was Canadian.

In comparison with the US, traditional dating for men is slightly harder in Canada, but on the other hand 'commercial' outlets are fully legal, abundant, and good-quality, all of which would be instantly banned in the US. Canadian strip clubs are some of the best in the world, and prostitution is legal.
Informative and interesting.

- Re: Canadian men are good-looking, so competition is intense (lol ...okay what is that supposed to mean?).

- (PUA) which came out of Canada ... I can see that sadly

- The women have a strong feminist streak, so there's a leftist culture in which men are somewhat penalized for exhibiting traditional or macho attributes, they have to be 'new-age' and learn to deal with arrogance/unfriendliness. I don't get it personally. I am a feminist, but can't stand stright men that are too feminine ex if you are checking yourself more often then me in the mirror .... it just could not work. I actually personally find too many guys in Toronto are too Metro Sexual. To me it is an absolute turn off. Also it is confusing ex is he or is he not straight? If you keep getting shoved in the freind zone it is likely because you are interacting in a too feminine way. Many women are full of it when it comes to this. They actually want to be purpused, but pretend to be brushing people off until they really know that they are like instead of just being the person of the moment. Ex if he is throwing himself at anything with breast it is not a complement. Most women want to know if he is specifically keen on them which is a totally different story. No one wants to look like a fool when they think a guy is really in to them and then find out it could have been anyone that walked by.

Canadian strip clubs are some of the best in the world? To my understanding this was a fading industry in Canada. There are only a few ones left in Toronto to my understanding?

Also why men are having a hard time dating because of strip clubs and legal prostitution? Not following this point?

Old 06-07-2016, 05:54 PM

800 posts, read 730,748 times
Quote:
Informative and interesting.

- Re: Canadian men are good-looking, so competition is intense (lol ...okay what is that supposed to mean?).

- (PUA) which came out of Canada ... I can see that sadly

- The women have a strong feminist streak, so there's a leftist culture in which men are somewhat penalized for exhibiting traditional or macho attributes, they have to be 'new-age' and learn to deal with arrogance/unfriendliness. I don't get it personally. I am a feminist, but can't stand stright men that are too feminine ex if you are checking yourself more often then me in the mirror .... it just could not work. I actually personally find too many guys in Toronto are too Metro Sexual. To me it is an absolute turn off. Also it is confusing ex is he or is he not straight? If you keep getting shoved in the freind zone it is likely because you are interacting in a too feminine way. Many women are full of it when it comes to this. They actually want to be purpused, but pretend to be brushing people off until they really know that they are like instead of just being the person of the moment. Ex if he is throwing himself at anything with breast it is not a complement. Most women want to know if he is specifically keen on them which is a totally different story. No one wants to look like a fool when they think a guy is really in to them and then find out it could have been anyone that walked by.

Canadian strip clubs are some of the best in the world? To my understanding this was a fading industry in Canada. There are only a few ones left in Toronto to my understanding?

Also why men are having a hard time dating because of strip clubs and legal prostitution? Not following this point?
He means it's easier to pay for sex then to pay for women on dates. And you get what you want and not feel duped for a free meal. You pretty much exhibited toronto women mentality that men are complaining about. Way too critical. Like a female George Costanza. It should be simple. If you are attracted go for it. Deal with the consequences later. This is how many other societies behave. You can say they are a slave to their instincts. Other people call it passion.

With what you described. You can see why if a male wants sex lying about committment is the path of least resistance. As if most women are bold enough there to have no strings sex and deal with the consequences. They would rather call a guy a cheater or player then have a mutual agreement to a one night stand.

I know women can change their minds here but damn. That's like changing the world. Lol.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:04 PM

Default Don't assume ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
He means it's easier to pay for sex then to pay for women on dates. And you get what you want and not feel duped for a free meal. You pretty much exhibited toronto women mentality that men are complaining about. Way too critical. Like a female George Costanza. It should be simple. If you are attracted go for it. Deal with the consequences later. This is how many other societies behave. You can say they are a slave to their instincts. Other people call it passion.

With what you described. You can see why if a male wants sex lying about committment is the path of least resistance. As if most women are bold enough there to have no strings sex and deal with the consequences. They would rather call a guy a cheater or player then have a mutual agreement to a one night stand.

I know women can change their minds here but damn. That's like changing the world. Lol.
I must know the wrong women lol, but I know a lot of women who are more then happy to have one night stands and do. Sex is not just meant for men to enjoy.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:11 PM

800 posts, read 730,748 times
Quote:
I must know the wrong women lol, but I know a lot of women who are more then happy to have one night stands and do. Sex is not just meant for men to enjoy.
Maybe your just older. I was referring to those in their 20s. Where most of my experiences were in. I can see how 30-40 year olds stop caring though. Time becomes more of an issue and yoi realize just do what you want.

maybe I'm wrong but the vast majority of encounters seem to want a relationship. But it could be because I was young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto