Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 07:15 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,865,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Maybe your just older. I was referring to those in their 20s. Where most of my experiences were in. I can see how 30-40 year olds stop caring though. Time becomes more of an issue and yoi realize just do what you want.

maybe I'm wrong but the vast majority of encounters seem to want a relationship. But it could be because I was young.
People older than 30 have a better sense of self. That right there makes things immeasurable easier. The 20's are always the most tumultuous years in any persons life. They are trying to establish themselves and figure out who they are and what makes them tick. Its not about giving up or not caring, its about being comfortable with yourself and knowing what you want and more importantly what you don't want.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:33 PM

800 posts, read 729,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
People older than 30 have a better sense of self. That right there makes things immeasurable easier. The 20's are always the most tumultuous years in any persons life. They are trying to establish themselves and figure out who they are and what makes them tick. Its not about giving up or not caring, its about being comfortable with yourself and knowing what you want and more importantly what you don't want.
Can't disagree with that.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:03 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,720,754 times
Default lol....

Quote:
Maybe your just older. I was referring to those in their 20s. Where most of my experiences were in. I can see how 30-40 year olds stop caring though. Time becomes more of an issue and yoi realize just do what you want.

maybe I'm wrong but the vast majority of encounters seem to want a relationship. But it could be because I was young.
No. This was in my early to mid 20s and these were girls that were no dummies lol. I was an angel by comparison for a while at least and was engaged by 23 and married by 24. These girls were not looking for husbands, but to experiment and they certainly did .... plus they were really smart and all ended up with great jobs, husbands and kids, but married in their late 20s to early 30s. Far too often men make assumptions about women and sexuality that are totally off the mark. Ex if your girl freind or wife does not want to have sex... it is more likely because you don't understand how to please her rather then she is s prude.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:05 PM

Default Wow lol!!!!

Quote:
Can't disagree with that.
You guys are agreeing on something. This is a beautiful moment !

Old 06-07-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
No. This was in my early to mid 20s and these were girls that were no dummies lol. I was an angel by comparison for a while at least and was engaged by 23 and married by 24. These girls were not looking for husbands, but to experiment and they certainly did .... plus they were really smart and all ended up with great jobs, husbands and kids, but married in their late 20s to early 30s. Far too often men make assumptions about women and sexuality that are totally off the mark. Ex if your girl freind or wife does not want to have sex... it is more likely because you don't understand how to please her rather then she is s prude.
I consider a one night stand someone you just met and will never see againc that you slept with that night. I don't know many women from here that do that. I do know it's common for them to have friends they are comfortable with and sleep with. Even if it's multiple guys. Are you sure they were having one night stands? Or just had multiple friends with benefits?

And if they did was it in toronto? Or did they go away to do it because they must be so popular here that everyone knows who the slept with if they did it here. Lol.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:42 PM

Default Here ...

Quote:
I consider a one night stand someone you just met and will never see againc that you slept with that night. I don't know many women from here that do that. I do know it's common for them to have friends they are comfortable with and sleep with. Even if it's multiple guys. Are you sure they were having one night stands? Or just had multiple friends with benefits?

And if they did was it in toronto? Or did they go away to do it because they must be so popular here that everyone knows who the slept with if they did it here. Lol.
Here and when away. This city is not as small as you think and there are many different types of places to hang out. Oh this is totally making me miss my freind... Good times lol. Girls are a lot crazier then they let on. My fav out of no where conversation was "the have you ever been with another girl conversation" which was the outcome of studying too long on an absolutely boring topic with a group of freinds. Long story short the conversation inspired at least 2 of the girls to seek the opportunity to explore the idea of hooking up with another female. This also speaks to the level of curiousity present and the level of ignorance in the head of some 20 somethings. Ex the phase 2 of this conversation was, "Ya I know this guy who knows this girl who is a lesbian so I should totally ask him to set you guys up!" Not sure what actually ended up happening with that, but both these women are now married with kids.

Last edited by klmrocks; 06-07-2016 at 10:34 PM..

Old 06-07-2016, 09:51 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,865,611 times
Quote:
You guys are agreeing on something. This is a beautiful moment !
I was very surprised too.. He's almost always confrontational with me that when he isn't i'm left utterly speechless

This won't be long lived - haha the shoe most certainly will drop in the very next post..

Old 06-08-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Here and when away. This city is not as small as you think and there are many different types of places to hang out. Oh this is totally making me miss my freind... Good times lol. Girls are a lot crazier then they let on. My fav out of no where conversation was "the have you ever been with another girl conversation" which was the outcome of studying too long on an absolutely boring topic with a group of freinds. Long story short the conversation inspired at least 2 of the girls to seek the opportunity to explore the idea of hooking up with another female. This also speaks to the level of curiousity present and the level of ignorance in the head of some 20 somethings. Ex the phase 2 of this conversation was, "Ya I know this guy who knows this girl who is a lesbian so I should totally ask him to set you guys up!" Not sure what actually ended up happening with that, but both these women are now married with kids.
So you really know a couple of people that do that then. Or did that.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
So you really know a couple of people that do that then. Or did that.

I honestly think most men just have this silly idea that the majority of women are angelic and wholesome, but in many cases it is just an act in public. I am sure there are some women that are very conservative for real, but I just know many that are not.

I am not going to spill the beans further, but this is the vanilla stuff lol. The reality is that most women similar to men do want passion, excitement and the whole nine yards, but they are more socially condition to either not talk about this stuff or to ONLY talk about this stuff with close female friends. Oh and in case you were wondering feel free to thank shows like Girls and Sex and the City for really helping more women feel okay about talking about sexuality from a non-submissive stand point. Also who could forget to mention Sue Johanson who literally provided sex education to most teens I knew who has access to a radio, headphones and a tiny bit of privacy.

Like I said don't assume when you approach a woman in this city who appears passive aggressive at first you should not assume she is cold or a prude. You likely caught her off guard or she is feeling you out to try and figure out if you would have just walked up to anyone with breast or if you are really in to her. Sadly I know that many women that I know in this city put on a defensive attitude when they are either insecure ex better to seem like a B**** then a loser. And, yes of course there are some that are just not nice people (... but men and women like that exists to some extent everywhere).

Old 06-08-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I honestly think most men just have this silly idea that the majority of women are angelic and wholesome, but in many cases it is just an act in public. I am sure there are some women that are very conservative for real, but I just know many that are not.

I am not going to spill the beans further, but this is the vanilla stuff lol. The reality is that most women similar to men do want passion, excitement and the whole nine yards, but they are more socially condition to either not talk about this stuff or to ONLY talk about this stuff with close female friends. Oh and in case you were wondering feel free to thank shows like Girls and Sex and the City for really helping more women feel okay about talking about sexuality from a non-submissive stand point. Also who could forget to mention Sue Johanson who literally provided sex education to most teens I knew who has access to a radio, headphones and a tiny bit of privacy.

Like I said don't assume when you approach a woman in this city who appears passive aggressive at first you should not assume she is cold or a prude. You likely caught her off guard or she is feeling you out to try and figure out if you would have just walked up to anyone with breast or if you are really in to her. Sadly I know that many women that I know in this city put on a defensive attitude when they are either insecure ex better to seem like a B**** then a loser. And, yes of course there are some that are just not nice people (... but men and women like that exists to some extent everywhere).
Well exactly that defense isn't up on females in plenty of other places. I think you are exaggerating honestly. I've been to places where there were both canadian and American women. And American women shoot from the hip way more than canadian women. You know if they like you off the bat by flirting with you etc. Pardon me if a lot of us aren't in the mood to figure you out. If you show no why would we proceed? No means no. Maybe your worth the persistance. Or maybe you are what you really show. Difficult. It's funny becuase you are now singing a different tune than prior to this thread. Before it was defending why women in this city act defensive and to themselves. Now all of a sudden they are like Samantha from sex in the city who sleeps with whoever they want becuase they are experts at seduction . Look I don't think it goes both ways if your habits are to be insecure and defensive I highly doubt you are any good at seduction. Fo you friends im sure the guy pursued them and they just happened ro fit their criteria. Most guys will move on after you tell them/ show no interest. I know not every woman is like this here but it sure feels like the majority are. Thsee why it'd so refreshing going to other places where they don't appear so stone cold all the time. Maybe you are the nicest person. But how am I ever going to know if you always show no? Or too shy to show ho nice you are?

Last edited by Karassmatic; 06-08-2016 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Cuz i felt like it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto