Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 07:54 PM

7,494 posts, read 7,179,877 times

Advertisements

Looks like a question as CR referred to it as a Low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 06:05 AM

996 posts, read 379,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Looks like a question as CR referred to it as a Low.
Really? Big deal. They buy vehicles off the lot like anyone else. So if the one vehicle they briefly test, out of the nearly 400,000 that would most likely be manufactured and sold this year has a “ low” that creates a question ? A question of what? That one shouldn’t buy the car? That there are better “ options” ? . For what , “ fit and finish ‘ ? . I am sure that ranks up there with reputation and reliability when it is time to make a decision. Sure it does.

Look, you presented something that just isn’t true. Beyond that the car is recommended by them in its class. That’s the bottom line.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:22 AM

Yes really.

Seems consistent with what actually users are saying given the transmission problems and all.

Consumer Reviews of the 2019 Toyota RAV4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Really? Big deal. They buy vehicles off the lot like anyone else. So if the one vehicle they briefly test, out of the nearly 400,000 that would most likely be manufactured and sold this year has a “ low” that creates a question ? A question of what? That one shouldn’t buy the car? That there are better “ options” ? . For what , “ fit and finish ‘ ? . I am sure that ranks up there with reputation and reliability when it is time to make a decision. Sure it does.

Look, you presented something that just isn’t true. Beyond that the car is recommended by them in its class. That’s the bottom line.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Yes really.

Seems consistent with what actually users are saying given the transmission problems and all.

Consumer Reviews of the 2019 Toyota RAV4
Wow 130 strangers write an opinion out of the tens and tens of thousands of vehicles sold. Consumer Reports has said nothing about some of the issues noted in these “ complaints”. Transmissions problems? I didn’t see anything in Consumer Reports regarding that. Once again, the vehicle is recommended , if there was such a significant problem wouldn’t that affect their decision?

Anyway , nice attempt at sidestepping the fact that you posted a lie. Your credibility is zero.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:00 AM

Let's see 130 people vs your one biased opinion.....hmmmmm.

Quote:
Wow 130 strangers write an opinion out of the tens and tens of thousands of vehicles sold. Consumer Reports has said nothing about some of the issues noted in these “ complaints”. Transmissions problems? I didn’t see anything in Consumer Reports regarding that. Once again, the vehicle is recommended , if there was such a significant problem wouldn’t that affect their decision?

Anyway , nice attempt at sidestepping the fact that you posted a lie. Your credibility is zero.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:03 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Let's see 130 people vs your one biased opinion.....hmmmmm.
Verses your highly biased opinion? We all know that you are a Kia/Hyundai salesman. Why would you even care about the Rav4? Care about the crappy vehicles Kia and Hyundai are currently pushing. When their reliability gets to be on par with Toyota, then you can compare the 2.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:59 PM

Sorry you feel that way. I would put more credibility on CR than you.

Overall Score Model Price as Tested

89 Subaru Forester $29,341
82 Mazda CX-5 $29,520
79 Honda CRV $28,935
74 Toyota RAV4 $32,109 (most expensive with the lowest rating)

Toyota RAV4 Review by Consumer Reports - “Pioneering model misses the mark

Highs - Fuel economy, standard safety features
Lows - Engine noise, ride, fit and finish

Toyota has long set a high standard for the compact SUV class with each generation of the RAV4 until now.

The list of woes is long. The engine is noisy, limiting irritating snarls with each press of the accelerator. Your shifts could be smoother. The ride is stiff and a little jumpy. The vehicles higher ground clearance in the lower roof make it more difficult to climb into. The rear seat sits low and doesn’t provide adequate thigh support. The interior feels bland, bordering on cheap, making it worse by hard plastic trim. Visibility out of the windshield into the sides it is good, but the thick rear pillars create significant blindspots.”

Old 09-08-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way. I would put more credibility on CR than you.

Overall Score Model Price as Tested

89 Subaru Forester $29,341
82 Mazda CX-5 $29,520
79 Honda CRV $28,935
74 Toyota RAV4 $32,109 (most expensive with the lowest rating)

Toyota RAV4 Review by Consumer Reports - “Pioneering model misses the mark

Highs - Fuel economy, standard safety features
Lows - Engine noise, ride, fit and finish

Toyota has long set a high standard for the compact SUV class with each generation of the RAV4 until now.

The list of woes is long. The engine is noisy, limiting irritating snarls with each press of the accelerator. Your shifts could be smoother. The ride is stiff and a little jumpy. The vehicles higher ground clearance in the lower roof make it more difficult to climb into. The rear seat sits low and doesn’t provide adequate thigh support. The interior feels bland, bordering on cheap, making it worse by hard plastic trim. Visibility out of the windshield into the sides it is good, but the thick rear pillars create significant blindspots.”
Is that it? How about reliability ? Depreciation ? Toyotas reputation is well known and documented. RAV 4 XLE scores exactly the same as the Honda. One tenth of a second slower to 60 than the Honda. Only the Honda and the RAV 4 hybid are faster to 60 than the standard RAV 4. That fast and fuel economy is a high ? The Subaru is almost a second slower to 60. The Honda is a turbo and only a tenth of a second faster

I still don’t see “ Fit and Finnish” poor. You’re a liar. You still haven’t addressed that. And you are lying again.

You conveniently left out “...handling is agile “

Here’s the actual scores.

Page 85 Consumer Reports Sept 2018
Overall score
Subaru Forester Premium 89
Mazda CX-5 Touring 82
Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid XLE 80
Honda CRV EX 77
Toyota RAV 4 XLE 77
Kia Sportage 75
Nissan Rogue SV 74

All of these are recommended .

Otherwise, 10 years ago when my Refrigerator failed, I went with the top rated Whirlpool recommended by Consumer Reports. It is now on its last legs. 4 repairs over the time I have owned it, nearly adding up to the cost of the unit when new.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:44 PM

Sorry, but your data is outdated from 2018. Refer to my information which is from 2019.

Quote:
Is that it? How about reliability ? Depreciation ? Toyotas reputation is well known and documented. RAV 4 XLE scores exactly the same as the Honda. One tenth of a second slower to 60 than the Honda. Only the Honda and the RAV 4 hybid are faster to 60 than the standard RAV 4. That fast and fuel economy is a high ? The Subaru is almost a second slower to 60. The Honda is a turbo and only a tenth of a second faster

I still don’t see “ Fit and Finnish” poor. You’re a liar. You still haven’t addressed that. And you are lying again.

You conveniently left out “...handling is agile “

Here’s the actual scores.

Page 85 Consumer Reports Sept 2018
Overall score
Subaru Forester Premium 89
Mazda CX-5 Touring 82
Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid XLE 80
Honda CRV EX 77
Toyota RAV 4 XLE 77
Kia Sportage 75
Nissan Rogue SV 74

All of these are recommended .

Otherwise, 10 years ago when my Refrigerator failed, I went with the top rated Whirlpool recommended by Consumer Reports. It is now on its last legs. 4 repairs over the time I have owned it, nearly adding up to the cost of the unit when new.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but your data is outdated from 2018. Refer to my information which is from 2019.
And the " poor fit and finish " ? I don't see it anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion