Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 11:37 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,258,616 times

Advertisements

When we go on vacation, I explore my husband; mind, body is soul!

Last month we got some time together. We went to our houseboat just spending time together. We took the boat out, ate great food, read and watched movies together. One day we rode our jetskis and saw deer and a bald eagle. But none of it would have been fun without him!

We didn't spend 4k either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 06:55 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind spot View Post
hahahahahahaha

is this thread serious? Why do people think you have to cross an ocean for the trip to "count"? I wouldn't go on a cruise myself but if that's what some people want more power to them! And $4K is a lot of money...
I see the OP hasn't been back to this thread. Poor guy is getting really beat up here (for good reason).
Maybe at this point he is going to change his user name.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:09 AM

509 posts, read 555,114 times
I don't consider staying in a hostel while on vacation to be a good time. That's poor people travel, your corporate office colleagues probably feel sorry for you. Maybe for your wedding shower they will gift you with an all-inclusive resort.

I go on vacation to relax and be pampered. Not stay in communal facilities and have daily chores.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:23 AM

444 posts, read 325,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
I've worked in several corporate office environments, and when people go on vacation it is almost always one of the following:

1.) Cruises
2.) All-inclusive resort in Cancun or somewhere in the Caribbean
3.) Colorado

I've been all over Europe and East Asia, staying in hostels much of the time. My coworkers look at me like I'm nuts or they assume that it must cost a small fortune to visit "exotic" locations, although I have never spent more than $4k on a 2-3 week trip anywhere.

I assume they are just as boring in real life as they are in the office, so they lack the creative thinking required to visit places "outside the box."
You forgot "Nevada."

Old 08-18-2016, 12:14 PM

633 posts, read 582,166 times
Beaches Turks and Caicos which is one of most popular family all inclusive resorts is around $10,000 to $15,000 for a one week vacation for a whole family.

It is always sold out pretty much.

4K on a vacation you must be single.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:30 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,968,153 times
Quote:
I've worked in several corporate office environments, and when people go on vacation it is almost always one of the following:

1.) Cruises
3.) Colorado

I've been all over Europe and East Asia, staying in hostels much of the time. My coworkers look at me like I'm nuts or they assume that it must cost a small fortune to visit "exotic" locations, although I have never spent more than $4k on a 2-3 week trip anywhere.

I assume they are just as boring in real life as they are in the office, so they lack the creative thinking required to visit places "outside the box."
This post wins the "seriously why do you care?" award for the year! OP just from this post alone I think its safe to assume that your young. After all, young people tend to view the world only from their own point of view. They know everything about the world and everyone else is stupid for not thinking the same!!! Your post is just full of that viewpoint.

Do you realize how silly it is to "judge" someone's vacation based on what they decided to do? A vacation is like food, everyone's taste is different and there is no wrong choice. I hate spicy food but does that make spicy food a bad food type? Of course not.

Personally, what you described above is one of the worst possible vacations I could think of and a total waste of $4K. However, that's only if I'm considering what is a good vacation for MYSELF. I have absolutely no opinion on you spending your vacation in the above manner because as long as you enjoyed yourself what do I care?

Old 08-18-2016, 12:33 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Wonder what the OP would think of my vacation this summer...The weather was wonderful, so I spent a whole week sitting on my deck reading a stack of cheap, trashy books. I had a nice jug of iced tea next to me, a can of sun screen, and my sunglasses nearby. I got up only to go inside to visit the bathroom and get more ice. I thought it was GLORIOUS!! It was SO RELAXING. I had no pressure, no expense (besides the books), nothing. I loved it.

that DOES sound glorious!!!

Old 08-18-2016, 01:06 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBeachBum View Post
Beaches Turks and Caicos which is one of most popular family all inclusive resorts is around $10,000 to $15,000 for a one week vacation for a whole family.

It is always sold out pretty much.

4K on a vacation you must be single.

You can do a very nice all inclusive vacation for 2 for $4000 very easily, airfare included. Not to Turks and Caicos, maybe, as that is one of the most expensive places to go in the Caribbean according to my research, but many other destinations.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:15 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,907,117 times
Quote:

1.) Cruises
3.) Colorado

Short answer is kids. They probably have kids and want a vacation to relax and have activities that their kids can do without them.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:35 PM

176 posts, read 177,349 times
I was going to say "kids" but someone beat me to it.

You can't take kids to hostels or other potentially unsafe or unsavory places.

Also, cruises have child care so you can dump that ankle biter off and get your drink on in quiet.

I have no kids, but I am 42 and all my peers do. And they seem jealous of the vacation freedom I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel