Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 02:40 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,940,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
I have no desire to go to the Arabian Peninsula, the Indian subcontinent or SE Asia. None of those places hold any fascination for me.
India has some intrigue for me only because I want tl.see the wildlife. I'm not sure if I want to deal with the crowds and pollution or pooping in squat toilets though. I agree with the Arabian Peninsula and Southeast Asia as well. Add China to the list as well. No thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2018, 07:11 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,209,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I have no idea if I posted this earlier, but...

I will pay $100s more for a direct flight for both local and international trips. I only fly with stops when it’s my only option.
I someone offers me $200 to sit for 6 hours in an airport, I'll be first in line. I never made that much for drudge working.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:15 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
India has some intrigue for me only because I want tl.see the wildlife. I'm not sure if I want to deal with the crowds and pollution or pooping in squat toilets though. I agree with the Arabian Peninsula and Southeast Asia as well. Add China to the list as well. No thanks!
Instead of India, consider Sri Lanka.

It's much smaller so a lot more digestible, but has a very diverse ecosystem and some really good national parks. We saw elephants, bears, leopards, crocs, etc. unless you absolutely must make an attempt at seeing a tiger most of what you get in India you can also get in Sri Lanka. You can even go whale watching, and we're not talking humpback we're talking giant blue whales.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:36 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Instead of India, consider Sri Lanka.

It's much smaller so a lot more digestible, but has a very diverse ecosystem and some really good national parks. We saw elephants, bears, leopards, crocs, etc. unless you absolutely must make an attempt at seeing a tiger most of what you get in India you can also get in Sri Lanka. You can even go whale watching, and we're not talking humpback we're talking giant blue whales.
That does sound interesting, although a tiger would be high on my list.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:53 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,803 times
I'm airline loyal. I'll pay a little more, or take a layover vs. a direct flight to fly on my preferred airline.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:43 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,981,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I someone offers me $200 to sit for 6 hours in an airport, I'll be first in line. I never made that much for drudge working.
I would work 6 hours for $200.

I wouldn't give up 6 hours of my vacation time to save $200, though.

So much of my PTO gets used up by things that aren't really a "day off" (sickness, home repairs, errands, dentist, etc..) that I place a really high value on what little PTO I do get to use for actual relaxation and vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel