Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Definitely not. I stated from the beginning of this trial before Jodi ever took the stand, that I thought Jodi is a sociopath, self centered, incapable of empathy or true emotion.

My point was that Travis was an Elder of his church. I'm certain the Bishop he spoke to had serious concerns regarding Travis's position in the church.

Being a religious mentor in any other Christian religion comes with a higher responsibility to the community and younger church members. In my opinion a 30 year old man obtaining sexual arousal at the simulation of a 12 young old girl climaxing, for her first time, signals a Red Flag.

Quite often, especially in Churchs and schools, when there's a problem way down the line, everyone is scratching their head asking, "how did this happen, where were the signs?". OK, Perhaps Travis would never act out his fantasies, but
often people do progress from fantasy, to dress up and playing out, to acting out.

There's a lot out of balance with this relationship, this was not evil temptress Jodi, and pure as snow, virgin Travis.
He was as drawn to her as she was to him, therefor there's something seriously out of balance with Travis to have
continue to engage in this destructive relationship.

But because he was murdered, no one wants to look at his psychological disbalance. They want to blame it on him being *****-whipped and that's not enough of an explanation for an intelligent man who had he whole life ahead of him.
Travis has no defense council - nor did he murder anybody. Most of the allegations against Travis are from the known murderer that lies. All the evidence points to Jodi and we even have her confession. Jodi is the one on trial – not Travis or the church. It is easy to defame the dead. It is easy to speculate about the church – but where is the evidence?

Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Travis has no defense council - nor did he murder anybody. Most of the allegations against Travis are from the known murderer that lies. All the evidence points to Jodi and we even have her confession. Jodi is the one on trial – not Travis or the church. It is easy to defame the dead. It is easy to speculate about the church – but where is the evidence?
You are right Travis is not there to defend himself. Jodi is doing everything she can to be the victim. Travis may have been sleaze or he may have been the greatest guy in Arizona ... but Travis is dead he cannot speak for himself because Jodi shot him, stabbed him multiple times and cut his throat from ear to ear. Travis Alexander is the victim ... suffering a horrible death.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:26 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,051 times
Perhaps I'm just being a voice of balance in this whole scenario. Just because HLN is slanted, doesn't mean there's a big picture that doesn't add up.
There's several points of interest you won't hear on HNL, such as Crime Photo #99 of a Shoe Print in wet blood next to the shower.Juan already stated Jodi was in socks, and the photo of her foot is bare.
Travis's roommate Zach also rented a car on the Murder day, Zach also changed his story 3 times about where he was that week.
A married woman Travis was seeing called the police after the murder and said she thought her husband might have done it do to jealousy.It's in the police report.
In the same ward a 28 year old female died mysteriously earlier that year of 'natural causes'.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:43 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Perhaps I'm just being a voice of balance in this whole scenario. Just because HLN is slanted, doesn't mean there's a big picture that doesn't add up.
There's several points of interest you won't hear on HNL, such as Crime Photo #99 of a Shoe Print in wet blood next to the shower.Juan already stated Jodi was in socks, and the photo of her foot is bare.
Travis's roommate Zach also rented a car on the Murder day, Zach also changed his story 3 times about where he was that week.
A married woman Travis was seeing called the police after the murder and said she thought her husband might have done it do to jealousy.It's in the police report.
In the same ward a 28 year old female died mysteriously earlier that year of 'natural causes'.
I don't think Jodi would hesitate to implicate others if others were involved.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:40 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
It sued to be 'hearsay" everything Jodi is claiming since the victim is dead and nobody is backing up her story...but I understand it was allowed due to preventing "future appeals" to have any chance.

Hopefully the jurors will understand that part.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:57 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
I am not a fan of the 'talking heads' I have watched the trial on my laptop at:

Live Video | ABC15.com | Phoenix, Arizona | KNXV-TV | Local and Breaking News, Weather, Radar, Traffic, Life, Sports

Everyone here has their own opinion and from what I have witnessed watching this entire trial thus far ... she lies ... big time. Casey Anthony was a professional at lying weaving long tales of imaginary friends, trips, you name it and Casey didn't forget her elaborate lies and didn't testify. Jodi is lying and forgets from one day to the next her previous lie. We have had her dad slapped her around and grounded her for 3 months ... mother beat her with a spoon.

Apparently she has had a dominate personality (control freak) all her life to move out of her parents home when she was a teen and quit school. Everything you have stated in your post still comes down to one thing ... when Jodi finally told the truth to the police ... she shot Travis ... stabbed Travis 20 however many times (27 or 29) and even stabbing him in the back and then slashed his throat from ear to ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I don't think Jodi would hesitate to implicate others if others were involved.
You are right about that ... I expected her to throw in she was sexually abused as a child ... just listening to her testify and I am a novice I pick up on lies ... wait a minute here she said this yesterday and today she is saying something entirely different. When she first went on the stand ... she and her attorney did a hummmm drummmm tip toe through Jodi's life. Now she is contradicting some of those statements.

Maybe it's just me but I am finding this trial to be a bit loosey goosey. I like that Arizona allows the jurors to submit questions. The judge doesn't seem to exert much control. But I do realize it is a death penalty case and judges are more lenient in what is allowed to avoid a mistrial.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:17 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Listening to the shrink tonight...so Jodi suffers from PTSD, but no one is pointing out that that condition could also be caused by being the perpetrator of a crime, although it was briefly noted earlier.

I love that he said when people are under stress they generally feel that time is slowing down; Jodi never mentioned feeling like that. On the contrary, she said everything went 'very fast'.

He also said that when people are in fear for their lives, their life history passes before them (Travis mentioned that in that video). Jodi never mentioned anything like that.

I hope Juan brings up these inconsistencies in his cross...

Old 03-14-2013, 07:31 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:

Jody lies and can't remember much, just because she has stated she was in socks does not make it truth.

all of the above are moot points. no one else killed Travis but Jody

Old 03-14-2013, 11:17 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
all of the above are moot points. no one else killed Travis but Jody
Bingo. She has already admitted doing it so how are there any gray areas now ?

Don

Old 03-15-2013, 10:34 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,051 times
The Gray Areas.............

There are 2 degrees in murder charges:

Jodi is being charged with 2 separate counts of First Degree Murder.

* The first count is pre meditated intent to kill murder.
*The second count is felony murder. That basically says that during the commission of a separate felony, a death occurred, and that Jodi is responsible for that death, even though Jodi DID NOT INTEND to kill Travis.
The state is saying the was the separate felony was burglary.

The prosecutor does not allege Jodi entered into Travis house with the intent to kill him or commit any felony, at the moment of entry.
How could he when all the evidence shows Travis invited Jodi in, and had sex for 8 hours?

Instead, the prosecutor's argument is that felony murder applies because at some point, Travis revoked permission from Jodi to be in his house, and at that point, she was "remaining unlawfully in... a residential structure... (Arizona Revised Statute ARS 13-1506 and 13-1507)

The defense filed a motion to dismiss the felony murder charge, stating quite correctly the allegation makes no sense. In response, Judge Stephens ruled Jodi's intent could have been assault, not intent to kill Mr. Alexander.

The State argues Jodi's status as an invited guest changed when Jodi stabbed Travis, thus committing an aggravated assault.

So how can they have it both ways?
* Intent to kill
* Intent to assault

If Juan can't get a conviction from the jury on one Murder One charge, then he wants another:
*Intent to Kill (First Degree Murder),
*Intent to Assault, while committing a felony(burglary), which inadvertently ended up with a death.(First Degree Murder)

There's a Mountain of Gray Area, without updated legislation to process it.

Last edited by trinity1111; 03-15-2013 at 11:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime