Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 03:58 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times

Advertisements

This story is on Dateline tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 03:25 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Default How do you think Dateline did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
This story is on Dateline tonight.
^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks LillyLillyLilly. What did you think of the presentation?

I don't know why Dan Abrams and others refer to him as "Prominent."

Dr. Mareo Cappuchi is a Nobel Prize Winner. If anyone wants to read an uplifting story, read his bio online.

Dr. Robert Jarvik and team developed the Jarvik - 7, the first artificial heart, implanted on Dr. Barney Clark, by Dr. Bill DeVries and team were prominent Utah doctors.

Dr. Willem Kolff developed the first dialysis machine.

There are dozens of UT doctors who contributed significantly in their specialties. These are the prominent doctors in UT, IMHO.

I am aware of NOTHING MacNeill added to medicine or science in his work. I'd like someone to explain what he made better?!

This is the video from Dateline. What's with Gypsy now loving or caring for him this week? Last week she said he was just a fling. She is a piece of work, IMHO. Got to give Abrams credit for confronting her about attending Michele's funeral and texting MacNeill.

ABCNews.com - Breaking News, Latest News & Top Video News - ABC News

MSR

Old 11-14-2013, 08:37 AM

I thought they were referring to him as being prominent in his church -- wasn't he a bishop or something? And in Utah if you're a church leader, it's pretty much a given that you're prominent in the community.

I was disappointed that his daughter lied. The difference between her testimony that her mother was feeling good right before her death, and her recorded words at the funeral that her mom wasn't feeling well were an obvious lie. She also claimed her father was never spiritual which I though was probably a ploy to discredit him in the eyes of the Provo (Mormon) jury who might give him the benefit of the doubt just because he was a church leader.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I thought they were referring to him as being prominent in his church -- wasn't he a bishop or something? And in Utah if you're a church leader, it's pretty much a given that you're prominent in the community.

I was disappointed that his daughter lied. The difference between her testimony that her mother was feeling good right before her death, and her recorded words at the funeral that her mom wasn't feeling well were an obvious lie. She also claimed her father was never spiritual which I though was probably a ploy to discredit him in the eyes of the Provo (Mormon) jury who might give him the benefit of the doubt just because he was a church leader.
He was a sociopath and I feel comfortable writing manipulative in most everything he did.

Please read the first page of this thread. I asked specifically that his LDS religion not be discussed.

I have no problem stating during the time I knew him from a distance I saw no signs of spirituality either. It's kind of odd how Arrogance/narcissism do tend to be traits most spiritual people I've known. Being a religious leader doesn't make one prominent.

He got a job with a title that many in UT County respected, as previously the former USDC Medical Directors had felt it was part of their life's work to care for the most medically fragile and most profoundly DD/MR residents in the state. That is not how MacNeill viewed the job!

I don't recall the UT press calling him prominent. This was the former doctor fired from BYU Student Health Center for all hisvmisdiagnoses and sexual abuse of female patients.

I don't know what to say about the daughter and her "obvious lie" you mention above. To help me understand, which daughter are we referencing? I don't recall anything in that vid about one of the daughters.

Thanks for checking out the first page and making sure we alk know which daughter you thought was lying. Your comments help refresh my memory about the details contained in the thread.

MSR

Old 11-14-2013, 01:58 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
This will be a fascinating book. Wonder if anyone will write it?

Old 11-14-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I don't know what to say about the daughter and her "obvious lie" you mention above. To help me understand, which daughter are we referencing? I don't recall anything in that vid about one of the daughters.

MSR
Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I should have started a new thread to discuss this case as it was presented on Dateline.

I assume you didn't see the show. They showed the daughter who's a doctor on the witness stand saying her mother was fine the last time she saw/talked to her. Then they showed the defense cross examining her, and playing an audio tape of her speaking at her mother's funeral saying her mom wasn't feeling well the last time she saw her.

I understand that memories change over time, but I just don't believe her when she said the audio of herself saying her mom wasn't feeling well didn't trigger a memory of her ever saying/believing that her mom wasn't feeling well. I know that I remember exactly what my father said and did the last time I saw him alive, and that was almost 30 years ago. If I had audio of myself talking about him at his funeral a few days after it happened, I'd certainly remember what I was thinking when I said it.

On top of that, her change of events bolstered the case that her father caused her mother's death, which she admits has been her mission for years. In light of that, her testimony was obviously a lie.

I'm not saying the guy isn't guilty. I think he probably is. I just don't understand why she couldn't have the ethics to just tell the truth and let the justice system do its job. They had plenty of other stuff against him.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:03 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I should have started a new thread to discuss this case as it was presented on Dateline.

I assume you didn't see the show. They showed the daughter who's a doctor on the witness stand saying her mother was fine the last time she saw/talked to her. Then they showed the defense cross examining her, and playing an audio tape of her speaking at her mother's funeral saying her mom wasn't feeling well the last time she saw her.

I understand that memories change over time, but I just don't believe her when she said the audio of herself saying her mom wasn't feeling well didn't trigger a memory of her ever saying/believing that her mom wasn't feeling well. I know that I remember exactly what my father said and did the last time I saw him alive, and that was almost 30 years ago. If I had audio of myself talking about him at his funeral a few days after it happened, I'd certainly remember what I was thinking when I said it.

On top of that, her change of events bolstered the case that her father caused her mother's death, which she admits has been her mission for years. In light of that, her testimony was obviously a lie.

I'm not saying the guy isn't guilty. I think he probably is. I just don't understand why she couldn't have the ethics to just tell the truth and let the justice system do its job. They had plenty of other stuff against him.
I didn't see anythign you are stating. This was not a case of kids just hating their dad. They loved him until the facts opened their eyes.

The convicted felon admitted having touched more than one daughter so there is already proof and he is a sick bastard as we clearly have heard during the trial.

Emotions can sometimes confuse a person and not being used to hold an interview can also not taken against a person who had teir mom killed.

On the other end we have a lying felon and just the cane story alone was for me a big issue to believe anything. The minute he was in jail his cancer was a non existing issue anymore and he could exercise and run and nobody in jail heard about anything being wrong with his tow.

I wouldn't judge the kids on slight differences in their stories over the years since hte bigger picture stayed the same and to me it was everyone combined who made the felon where he is now.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I didn't see anythign you are stating. This was not a case of kids just hating their dad. They loved him until the facts opened their eyes.

The convicted felon admitted having touched more than one daughter so there is already proof and he is a sick bastard as we clearly have heard during the trial.

Emotions can sometimes confuse a person and not being used to hold an interview can also not taken against a person who had teir mom killed.

On the other end we have a lying felon and just the cane story alone was for me a big issue to believe anything. The minute he was in jail his cancer was a non existing issue anymore and he could exercise and run and nobody in jail heard about anything being wrong with his tow.

I wouldn't judge the kids on slight differences in their stories over the years since hte bigger picture stayed the same and to me it was everyone combined who made the felon where he is now.
I promise you, the defense played a tape of the daughter at the funeral saying her mom wasn't feeling well. Right after she testified the opposite.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:20 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post

It's kind of odd how Arrogance/narcissism do tend to be traits most spiritual people I've known.

MSR
Not to say all who claim spirituality are arogant narcissists, in his twisted mind he believes he's spiritual.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This will be a fascinating book. Wonder if anyone will write it?
Probably Gypsy! But will she be "the fling" or the one who "cared for him?"

I would look for several books- and hopefully will someone go back to his attempted murder of his mother as a child. Then how he "cleaned up the family embarrassment-AKA his brother who cut. So very odd to me (and others who probably have their books ready for sentencing then publishing) what type of deaths MacNeill's bio family had.....

I posted that around page 6-7 - something like an in depth look at Martin MacNeill or similar.

Such an excellent point, Jasper.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime