Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 06:37 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times

Advertisements

[quote=ssww;35854232]

here:

QUOTE]

"In 1976, FSU professor James Fisher was shot and killed by a disgruntled grad student. An FSU chemistry lecture hall was later named in Fisher’s memory. And in 1995, FSU law student Joann Plachy was convicted of hiring a hit man to kill a secretary who was going to reveal she had cheated on a law school exam."

Who knew being a professor at FSU was such a dangerous endeavor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post

I'm not familiar with Toyota Prius. What has it to do with environment and hitman?
The Prius is a hybrid that gets about 45 mpg, typically driven by people concerned about the environment, which he supposes would not typically be a hitman.

Also, it doesn't have as much oomph as many other cars when you press down on the gas. One might expect a hitman to drive a faster getaway car, therefore the shooter probably wasn't a hitman.

I think a Prius is a perfect car for a hitman, or hitwoman. They are all over the place, so you blend in. And who gets scared of someone in a Prius for crying out loud? The worst that is likely to happen is you'll get a lengthy lecture on the being a vegan.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:09 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,156 times
Crackerjack Investigators will tell you, always work the case from the inside out, meaning, the "closest circle" of friends or family are the "first' suspects you look at until they can be ruled out, or until something else pops out at you that catches your eye..

Old 07-29-2014, 08:27 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Having no information about the man except what I've read, my money's on he's a controlling horse's patoot who pi##ed off the wrong person.
I agree. Look at the photographs of them separately. Look into their eyes, notice their posture, how they stand. Close off part of the face with your hand and look into their eyes, then halve the faces and look at each side.

What's your gut instinct? Who makes you feel more at ease?

Old 07-29-2014, 05:18 PM

175 posts, read 256,555 times
Conflicting stories. One story said the Prius was waiting for him, which is weird because neighbors would see it and the person inside and get the license number. Another story said the car came in the driveway and he mentioned it to the person he was on the phone with. People are saying road rage. He might have been an aggressive driver and met his match, another aggressive driver.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:11 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,648,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kv7370 View Post
Conflicting stories. One story said the Prius was waiting for him, which is weird because neighbors would see it and the person inside and get the license number. Another story said the car came in the driveway and he mentioned it to the person he was on the phone with. People are saying road rage. He might have been an aggressive driver and met his match, another aggressive driver.
No not road rage...there would have been an argument...this was an ambush...and one kill shot...points to a pro...

Old 07-30-2014, 03:06 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
No not road rage...there would have been an argument...this was an ambush...and one kill shot...points to a pro...

I agree a one shot kill usually spells out pro to me as well .

Old 07-30-2014, 04:24 AM

477 posts, read 800,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
Here are more detailed about the scene.

And here:
'So it seems that Markel briefly saw the person who shot him. ... legal analyst Dan Abrams notes that any statement by Markel describing his attacker would be admissible, hearsay concerns notwithstanding, as a “dying declaration.”'

'Markel described the day Adelson left him as his “Pearl Harbor,” friends told ABC News. Markel told friends that, without warning, Adelson had packed up the house and the children and left while he was away on a business trip.'

I'm not familiar with Toyota Prius. What has it to do with environment and hitman?

As for that ex-wife, she's capable of blindsiding him in such a cruel and tricky way, it wouldn't be surprising if she's capable of things more sinister.

Here are my questions: if a hitman is arrested and confessed who hired him, will both the hitman and the person who hired him get the same sentence? If not, who gets the more severe one? How often is a hitman caught? (Doesn't seem to happen much?) Do most of them confess? (I guess so? Why would they want to protect the other person?)
I'd say not often. I know there was a lot of cases of hitmen in NJ/NY where the hitman was never found and it was usually mafia related. Either the person didn't know exactly who it is was and/or was afraid of mafia relation against them and their family and never named names. Is there a lot of organized crime in FL? Seems weird to be a hitman without any type of mob connection.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:27 AM

477 posts, read 800,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
To pack up the children and skeedadle while duh hubby is out of the house is common practice for women who are abused. The most dangerous time is leaving. It is not uncommon for women to be take a beating or even be killed during the separation process. Getting you and the kids to a safe place where the spouse cannot get to you is a wise and often recommended move.

A sinister, cruel, and tricky move would be to hire an attorney, empty the bank accounts, and accuse the spouse of sexual molestation of the kids. As far as I've read, she's done none of these things.

Markel's statement about the day she left as "Pearl Harbor" seems odd to me, as if he thought this was a sneak attack. As far as I've read, there was no attack at all but rather an escape.

Either he is totally clueless about his marriage or thought he had her under control. Otherwise, why the surprise at her leaving?

Having no information about the man except what I've read, my money's on he's a controlling horse's patoot who pi##ed off the wrong person.
For it being "Pearl Harbor", he sure seemed to move onto new girlfriends very fast. That's not the behavior of an emotionally distraught man/person.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:44 AM

175 posts, read 256,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smommaof3 View Post
For it being "Pearl Harbor", he sure seemed to move onto new girlfriends very fast. That's not the behavior of an emotionally distraught man/person.
How fast did he move on to a new girlfriend? I never read that anywhere. His ex-wife wanted to move to South Florida and he wanted the kids there, I think, so maybe she got someone upset about that, a relative, maybe, and maybe that person shot him?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime