Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 05:21 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times

Advertisements

I hope this mans death does not go unsolved very long . That would be awful for his boys to never have closure on their fathers death .I sure hope to God for their sake that they find out who did this . Good luck .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 07:20 PM

7,635 posts, read 8,705,627 times
Ditto. If it's contract killer, however, it may be very hard to solve. As for road rage, I tend to think there would have been witnesses or surveillance videos about what had happened earlier that day. I truly don't like the idea of road rage, as that just is too scary for everyone who is on the road.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:34 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,643 times
I'm just not buying the Facebook or "road rage" theories. It sure looks like a contract. Wacko ideologues and irate drivers don't go contract. Find the motive, you'll find your killer. I'm not convinced the ex-wife is free and clear, even though publicly LE is saying she's not a suspect. They could just be hoping she lets her guard down and slips up. A bitter custody dispute... Him being dead makes her life a whole lot easier. When you get between a woman and her kids, then you'll see what she's capable of.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:31 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
I'm just not buying the Facebook or "road rage" theories. It sure looks like a contract. Wacko ideologues and irate drivers don't go contract. Find the motive, you'll find your killer. I'm not convinced the ex-wife is free and clear, even though publicly LE is saying she's not a suspect. They could just be hoping she lets her guard down and slips up. A bitter custody dispute... Him being dead makes her life a whole lot easier. When you get between a woman and her kids, then you'll see what she's capable of.

But applying Occam's Razor, it seems to me it was probably an unbalanced student who doesn't agree with him on some philosophical point, or someone overly threatened by his cocktail-party politics.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:10 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
But applying Occam's Razor, it seems to me it was probably an unbalanced student who doesn't agree with him on some philosophical point, or someone overly threatened by his cocktail-party politics.
I actually think Occam's would apply to my theory rather than yours. Wackos like you describe don't hire hitmen to eliminate an ideological adversary. Much simpler case, and more common, is that of an ex-husband who was fighting to get the kids and had become a royal PITA.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:45 PM

7,635 posts, read 8,705,627 times
I also tend to suspect the ex-wife. Not only she's the only one to benefit from his demise, but also she seems to have a very calculating mind, from the reports that she quietly hired moving company to move out with their children while the guy was away on business totally clueless about what's going to happen.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:46 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
I also tend to suspect the ex-wife. Not only she's the only one to benefit from his demise, but also she seems to have a very calculating mind, from the reports that she quietly hired moving company to move out with their children while the guy was away on business totally clueless about what's going to happen.

But would it not dawn on her(the ex wife ) that she would be the first one suspected by the police ? you say it appears that she has a calculating or devious mind so would that not lead her not to do it ? I mean do some people actually think they are so smart that they will never be caught ? I hope if she did do it , that they do catch her .

Old 09-24-2014, 12:36 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
I actually think Occam's would apply to my theory rather than yours. Wackos like you describe don't hire hitmen to eliminate an ideological adversary. Much simpler case, and more common, is that of an ex-husband who was fighting to get the kids and had become a royal PITA.
But why do you even believe it's a hired hit? Those are VERY rare outside the criminal world.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:17 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times
I'm glad we're keeping this case alive at least here, because "they" seemed to have dropped it. I tend to think it was someone who had an agenda with him re: his beliefs/political views, etc., OR someone or a family member of someone he was going to either prosecute or write a paper about in order to gain support for an arrest, etc. I think it was very personal (shot in the face), so I've ruled out road rage. I'll keep checking for updates.

I still think the wife moved out quietly and when she knew he wouldn't be there because she was afraid of him. My mother did that with her first husband because she knew he'd get incensed and make a huge scene, or worse.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Florida law professor targeted for murder feared for his safety after menacing anonymous threats to use 'all means necessary to shutting people like YOU down' | Mail Online

Now they say it's definitely a targeted killing, and they're leaning more toward his supposed "enemies" on his website/blog and/or his students.

What if another lawyer completely disagreed with his stance on everything, including religion and the death penalty, got very angry, and knew how to "not get caught?"

Now I'm doubting my own "a female was behind this" theory.
Kind of a Uni-bomber case it sounds like really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime