Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 12:35 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,380 times

Advertisements

Florida law professor targeted for murder feared for his safety after menacing anonymous threats to use 'all means necessary to shutting people like YOU down' | Mail Online

Now they say it's definitely a targeted killing, and they're leaning more toward his supposed "enemies" on his website/blog and/or his students.

What if another lawyer completely disagreed with his stance on everything, including religion and the death penalty, got very angry, and knew how to "not get caught?"

Now I'm doubting my own "a female was behind this" theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 12:49 PM

7,634 posts, read 8,701,274 times
IF it's related to his website/blog, will this be the first one in history?

Old 08-02-2014, 04:19 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Florida law professor targeted for murder feared for his safety after menacing anonymous threats to use 'all means necessary to shutting people like YOU down' | Mail Online

Now they say it's definitely a targeted killing, and they're leaning more toward his supposed "enemies" on his website/blog and/or his students.

What if another lawyer completely disagreed with his stance on everything, including religion and the death penalty, got very angry, and knew how to "not get caught?"

Now I'm doubting my own "a female was behind this" theory.
According to the article, he was worried about threatening Facebook friend requests and messages.

"menacing anonymous threats to use 'all means necessary to shutting people like YOU down"

Old 08-03-2014, 07:28 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
wow oh wow this case keeps getting stranger by the minute . I guess it is the prosecutor's grand daughter in me . Yes my grand dad was a prosecutor for the state and I see things I guess from a legal prospective but this case is driving me nuts wow that does not happen much but my gosh . weird , weird is all I can say sorry folks Im at a loss on this one .

Old 08-03-2014, 04:23 PM

175 posts, read 256,555 times
The IP address of whoever sent the threatening comments can be looked up. At least it will show the area the person lives in. Must have been someone awfully mad to send these comments to him through facebook.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:14 PM

Disappointed there has been no new development. I just stumbled upon a reader comment here, not sure of the source of what he/she heard, but the circumstance of the murder is new to me (the killer had not been waiting but was behind him, and was not recognized by him):

------------------
MediaPropaganda • 16 hours ago
Still unsolved.
I was told "Markel had been out doing errands and had just pulled into his driveway. He was on the phone, and told his caller that 'someone has pulled into my driveway behind me, has gotten out and is approaching my car', and that he did not recognize this person". This man apparently shot Markel in the head and drove away. Most likely suspects for an execution style killing: disgruntled students, and his estranged wife. Not that the police don't know that and haven't gone through that list.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:43 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,754,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
(Actually, come to think of it, it would be scary as hell, too: road rage leading to murder?)
That happened here in the town I work out of, less than 2 weeks ago. Someone confronted someone else on his erratic driving and got shot in the face.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Disappointed there has been no new development. I just stumbled upon a reader comment here, not sure of the source of what he/she heard, but the circumstance of the murder is new to me (the killer had not been waiting but was behind him, and was not recognized by him):

------------------
MediaPropaganda • 16 hours ago
Still unsolved.
I was told "Markel had been out doing errands and had just pulled into his driveway. He was on the phone, and told his caller that 'someone has pulled into my driveway behind me, has gotten out and is approaching my car', and that he did not recognize this person". This man apparently shot Markel in the head and drove away. Most likely suspects for an execution style killing: disgruntled students, and his estranged wife. Not that the police don't know that and haven't gone through that list.
That's what I thought all along, road rage.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kv7370 View Post
That's what I thought all along, road rage.
If it's road rage then Markel would have understood why this person followed him and said something to his acquaintance on the phone.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
If it's road rage then Markel would have understood why this person followed him and said something to his acquaintance on the phone.

Unless he was preoccupied and is an aggressive driver. He said he did not know who that person was, so I don't know. Looks like LE doesn't either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime