Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 10:51 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,484,695 times

Advertisements

If I recall correctly, that 24/7 surveillance stuff is from Woodward's pro-Ramsey book, may be true or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 01:42 PM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
If I recall correctly, that 24/7 surveillance stuff is from Woodward's pro-Ramsey book, may be true or not.
So you think that Woodward made up those police reports and their report numbers?

Old 01-07-2017, 01:45 PM

I didn't realize that John Douglas advised the attorneys of the Ramseys that they shouldn't take the initial polygraph test.

SHOW: Dateline NBC
DATE: January 28, 1997

"JANE PAULEY: Good evening. In just a few minutes we'll have the latest on today's developments at the O.J. Simpson trial, and we'll hear, for the first time, what O.J. Simpson said during the Bronco chase. But first, an exclusive inside look into the investigation into the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. It comes from the man who helped invent the technique of criminal profiling. He's been brought into the case to create a profile of the person who murdered JonBenet. Now, more than a month since her murder, police have little new to say about the case, but this former FBI agent does. Here's Chris Hansen with tonight's DATELINE Exclusive.
Mr. JOHN DOUGLAS: I sat down across the table from some of the country's greatest liars--in the world, really--and I can sense it and if things just did not fit. The crime scene data just doesn't--doesn't fit.
CHRIS HANSEN reporting: (Voiceover) John Douglas, the pioneer of criminal personality profiling, is offering the first insiders view into the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation. Douglas was called into the case, not by police, but by lawyers retained by the little girl's parents.

HANSEN: Why did they hire you?
Mr. DOUGLAS: They hired me to, basically, do an independent analysis in hopes of determining who was responsible for the death of the daughter. And I said, `I will give you an independent analysis, but you may not like what I have to say.'
HANSEN: And that's because when he arrived here in Boulder he immediately suspected the Ramseys. Although Douglas was limited by authorities on what evidence he could see, he was allowed in the house. He was briefed on the autopsy report, and he saw a photocopy of the so-called ransom note. And most importantly he was given access to the Ramseys and experience told him, `Look very closely at the parents.'
(Voiceover) Mr. Douglas' 25 years of groundbreaking criminal profiling research with the FBI led to important breaks in dozens of major cases. He studied and interviewed scores of serial killers. He accurately profiled the Unabomber suspect years ago, and he was the inspiration for the character of agent Jack Crawford in the film "The Silence of the Lambs." Douglas' new book, "Journey Into Darkness," was written before JonBenet Ramsey was murdered, but for him, the Ramsey case was like so many others. He first focused on the victim.

DOUGLAS: When you look at the victim you ask yourself the question, `Why was this victim the victim of a violent crime?' This is a low-risk victim--I mean, killed in her home, taken from her bed, and disposed of--placed in the--in the cellar.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) The basic facts of the case are well known. Six-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was put to bed....
Mr. DOUGLAS: Generally speaking, when--when you do have homicides perpetrated in a residents the primary suspects will always and should be family.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) Although the Boulder Police Department is releasing no information about the investigation, Douglas says it was clear to him that the Ramseys were the chief suspects when he arrived. So, for Douglas, it was critically important to interview the parents.

HANSEN: How much time did you spend talking to Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey?
Mr. DOUGLAS: About four or five hours.

HANSEN: (Voiceover) And Douglas says the interview with the parents, which lasted more than four hours, was what ultimately turned him around.

Mr. DOUGLAS: While I'm looking at this--this--this man, Mr. Ramsey, "Ramsey, if you did it you are one hell of a liar. You--you are one hell of a liar if you did it. And you're putting on a great production here." But I just don't believe, in my heart, he did this--and not just in my heart, from what--from the analysis of the--of the scene.
HANSEN: But you're being paid by the Ramsey family?
Mr. DOUGLAS: Right. You can pay me for my time, but you're not going to pay for my opinion or pay for my--or jeopardize my reputation.

HANSEN: Are you convinced, based upon your experience, that the parents were not involved in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey?
Mr. DOUGLAS: What I've seen and experienced, I--I say they were not involved.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) But if that's the case, it raises more questions. So far, the parents have yet to give a formal interview to investigators.
(Crime scene)
HANSEN: Your child is killed and you're not going to talk to police?
Mr. DOUGLAS: They did talk to the police the day the child was--was murdered, or located and--and discovered to be murdered. They did do the interview. They did give the--the hair evidence and blood evidence.
HANSEN: (Voiceover) Douglas says the Ramseys told him they felt they were the chief suspects, especially after Boulder officials assured the public that there was no killer on the loose.
(Press conference)
Mr. DOUGLAS: What they were saying was, "We got the people, they're the Ramseys. We got them." So I would have gotten an--wazzu attorneys to represent me, and they did the right thing.
HANSEN: Did you advise the Ramseys not to take a polygraph?
Mr. DOUGLAS: Right. I--I advised the--the attorneys that they should not be polygraphed; maybe later on, but not at this point in time. It's too close. They're still going through a lot of mourning."

Old 01-08-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
So you think that Woodward made up those police reports and their report numbers?
No, I think she put her pro-Ramsey spin on them. The Ramseys gave her things to use in her book... report cards, pictures, etc...., so I'm sure she felt obligated (or maybe/probably had some kind of verbal or written agreement with the Ramseys) that she would only show them in a positive light. Otherwise, I don't think she would have gotten anything from them.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
No, I think she put her pro-Ramsey spin on them. The Ramseys gave her things to use in her book... report cards, pictures, etc...., so I'm sure she felt obligated (or maybe/probably had some kind of verbal or written agreement with the Ramseys) that she would only show them in a positive light. Otherwise, I don't think she would have gotten anything from them.
Did you read the book? She actually leaves it up to the reader to determine who the suspect might be. (She claims that she put the drawings and pictures in there to humanize the victim, so that JBR wouldn't continue to be just another crime statistic.)

“Do it for justice. If you affirm either Patsy or I was involved, then go ahead and write it.”
— JOHN RAMSEY TO WOODWARD, 2009

We Have Your Daughter: The Unsolved Murder of JonBenét Ramsey Twenty Years Later

Old 01-08-2017, 08:14 PM

7,114 posts, read 4,833,273 times
Quote:
Did you read the book? She actually leaves it up to the reader to determine who the suspect might be. (She claims that she put the drawings and pictures in there to humanize the victim, so that JBR wouldn't continue to be just another crime statistic.)

“Do it for justice. If you affirm either Patsy or I was involved, then go ahead and write it.”

We Have Your Daughter: The Unsolved Murder of JonBenét Ramsey Twenty Years Later
I want to read this but can't get it on my kindle app at this point. I did read the free preview on kindle, and I'm intrigued.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:40 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Any communication between law enforcement and the Ramseys after the initial date of Dec 26th, particularly informal statements would be documented in police files.
Does anyone know if Woodward includes these dates from police records in her book??

http://www.denverpost.com/1999/10/16...timeline-1999/
Monday, April 28

Hunter confirms that initial statements that John and Patsy Ramsey gave to police were traded for formal interviews with the couple.

Wednesday, April 30

Police conduct their long-awaited “formal interviews” with John and Patsy Ramsey – more than four months after the couple’s daughter was found murdered. Patsy Ramsey is interrogated for 61/2 hours. Her husband later is interrogated for approximately two hours. Police release no statement about the contents of the interviews.

Last edited by virgode; 01-09-2017 at 10:11 AM..

Old 01-09-2017, 11:16 AM

Woodwards book gets Ramseys blessing for justice in affirming Ramsey family involvement!?? Insulting the public's intelligence isn't a marketing angle...lol

John Ramsey knows exactly where Woodward stands; she interviewed with both Burke and John after Patsys death, she's not on the fence.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:

I've only read the free part that was put out there. You put a lot more stock into what JR says than I do. Her first book got axed...errors/too much spin possibly/so much spin that it goes beyond the truth? I don't know. I just know she's totally pro-Ramsey...the song "Paula the brown-nosed lap dog" comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Any communication between law enforcement and the Ramseys after the initial date of Dec 26th, particularly informal statements would be documented in police files.
Does anyone know if Woodward includes these dates from police records in her book??

JonBenét Ramsey case timeline – The Denver Post
Monday, April 28

Hunter confirms that initial statements that John and Patsy Ramsey gave to police were traded for formal interviews with the couple.

Wednesday, April 30

Police conduct their long-awaited “formal interviews” with John and Patsy Ramsey – more than four months after the couple’s daughter was found murdered. Patsy Ramsey is interrogated for 61/2 hours. Her husband later is interrogated for approximately two hours. Police release no statement about the contents of the interviews.
That doesn't sound like the actions of innocent people to me.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:

That doesn't sound like the actions of innocent people to me.

They know this. They were armed with power people.

I'll paraphrase a women close to the family in Menendez docu, 'the wealthy think police are lower than housekeepers'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime