Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 02:49 PM

2,541 posts, read 3,114,895 times

Advertisements

Poor Barrows no longer has his smoking & snark buddy James, and essentially has no allies among the downstairs staff. He needs to get out of service, or at least move to a different estate in London, where he wouldn't be such an oddity. That actor is handsome, for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 03:45 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,853,383 times
I'm not a fan of Cora , can't stand the way she either talkes over her eyebrows or tilts her head on one side when she's speaking to somone , hard to imagine she was once engaged to Sean Penn at one time .

Old 01-21-2015, 03:57 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,299,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's kind of funny when you think that the sniping really intensified after Edith basically outed Mary after the Pamuk incident when Mary was all "oh, my precious reputation!" Now Mary's gallivanting around having a dirty weekend with one of her many suitors, reputation be damned.

And are we supposed to like Miss Bunting? Because I'm all for poor Tom making a friend of similar values, but she's been nothing but appallingly rude and tactless to everyone in her path (except for maybe Daisy.)
Mary has been raised as number one daughter. She's the one who was to marry a good catch since there was no son, so she was raised to be selfish and primed with a future. Edith was a daughter who's best chance was to find someone who qualified and could gain by the connection, but Edith just isn't the sort to work at that. I think Edith is generally smarter than her sister, and sees through things. So the rivalry which naturally happens with sisters is even more intense.

As for Miss Bunting, she's a woman with an agenda. Robert knows that its the way of the future and is scared it will come, but he can't really say that. But he can try to keep her from his home and sancuary and all that it represents. Like many people with agenda's which slam up against walls like Robert, Miss Bunting comes on strong and sure since its the only option. She sees the potential in Daisy and how Daisy is beginning to see it and isn't going to play by their rules. She acts rude but if she doesn't push then nobody is going to listen. She's pushing back against thousands of years of tradition.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:57 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,358,725 times
It would be so nice if Edith could be happy. But then again, who on this show is really happy?

Old 01-21-2015, 04:00 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,691,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It would be so nice if Edith could be happy. But then again, who on this show is really happy?
I'd like to see Edith happy, as well. I'd also like to see Mr. and Mrs. Bates happy again.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:05 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,299,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I'd like to see Edith happy, as well. I'd also like to see Mr. and Mrs. Bates happy again.
However she gets Marigold back, since that is the only way she'll feel happy, its going to rock her world and she takes the risk of scandal and isolation from family. But I think she would rather have her daughter than be respectable. I'm sure she's going to at least try.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:40 PM

509 posts, read 1,264,000 times
Did anyone think for a moment that Robert could have been the son of that Russian prince? I sure did. But then she said I was already pregnant with Robert so don't get any silly ideas. Still it did cross my mind lol!

Old 01-21-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorhen3 View Post
Did anyone think for a moment that Robert could have been the son of that Russian prince? I sure did. But then she said I was already pregnant with Robert so don't get any silly ideas. Still it did cross my mind lol!
Did she actually say. Pregnant ? If so that's another word they didnt use back then , I think they said I'm expecting in those days , and many years after that too.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
However she gets Marigold back, since that is the only way she'll feel happy, its going to rock her world and she takes the risk of scandal and isolation from family. But I think she would rather have her daughter than be respectable. I'm sure she's going to at least try.
It would be very cruel of Edith to take that child away from that family now .

Old 01-21-2015, 04:52 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,360,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
I'm not a fan of Cora , can't stand the way she either talkes over her eyebrows or tilts her head on one side when she's speaking to somone , hard to imagine she was once engaged to Sean Penn at one time .
Watch out for the pea soup...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV