Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 06:01 PM

3,975 posts, read 4,076,857 times

Advertisements

I don't think Tony killed Green. I think Green killed himself and perhaps set up Bates somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 06:30 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,427,279 times
Can anyone refresh my memory about what happened Edith's paramour Michael Gregson? Did he die? Did he just disappear?

Old 01-20-2015, 06:50 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,604,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Can anyone refresh my memory about what happened Edith's paramour Michael Gregson? Did he die? Did he just disappear?
He went off to make movies in America.

Only the shadow knows, and he ain't telling!

Old 01-20-2015, 06:58 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,805,922 times
^^ You're joking, right?

I thought he went off to India or Africa because of an issue he was going to right about. ? Haha, did I dream this?

I'm thinking of a scene wherein he told Edith of his trip, and that it was probably going to uncertain and dangerous. I remember her waiting and waiting for letters from him.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
^^ You're joking, right?

I thought he went off to India or Africa because of an issue he was going to right about. ? Haha, did I dream this?

I'm thinking of a scene wherein he told Edith of his trip, and that it was probably going to uncertain and dangerous. I remember her waiting and waiting for letters from him.
Yes joking… because that's where Matthew and Sybil went (ok, that's where the actors went).

I think whatever he told Edith turned out to be false -- didn't they finally hire a private investigator, and the trail turned cold at some point??

Old 01-20-2015, 07:56 PM

So I've got a question, since I just can't keep Mary's beaus straight… didn't one of them court her before she married Matthew? What happened, and which one was it??

Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,036 posts, read 6,582,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
So I've got a question, since I just can't keep Mary's beaus straight… didn't one of them court her before she married Matthew? What happened, and which one was it??
Well I just watched a preview short from S5E4 and guess who Mary encounters in London?? Charles.....

Old 01-20-2015, 08:14 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,036 posts, read 6,582,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
He said he had been reading in a mag about 'Choose your own way' and wanted to make an appointment. That's why he was missing from a part of the show.
I just watched the S5E4 Preview. It would appear that perhaps Thomas has a drug habit.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:38 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,597,978 times
I am struck sometimes during my boring life how often I find my little mind thinking about the prior week's episode and then plotting in my mind how it will play out or how it will flow into the coming season.....ah well!!! Robert - that hypocrite - has apparently forgotten his little interest and intention to seduce one of the maids a couple of seasons back - good to see that the old double standard was alive and well even back in Victorian England! If you recall - he was highly interested and wanted to bed her - kissed her - and she eventually left the house because of him. I think it was after Sybil died and Cora was upset with him - but even so.....and another thing - he shows up unannounced and she was expected to "know" that he was going to show up? What was up with that - they've been married for 34 years - surely she wasn't going to be "that" excited. I think his only reason for traveling the length of England was to "catch" her in the midst of something and I don't think Cora is the least interested romantically in that other fella. Now, if Robert continues to act like an asshat - that may change.... I am getting mighty tired of Poor Little Edith - her pity party has gone on far too long - and I think she needs some mental intervention very soon. She is clearly depressed and I'm wondering if she may suicide this season if something good doesn't happen to her - and soon. She is so very needy with the farmer's family - and she totally ignores the fact there are other children. She could at the very least pretend to like all of the children - including Marigold - but she is so obvious that I'm sure the wife has seen through her. She probably suspects the child belongs to Edith and her husband - and the strain on their marriage is becoming apparent. As for Anna - I also think she is more than a little too "interested" about who killed Green - and I have also thought about it being her - and I also noted she asked Bates about them going somewhere new and starting all over again. That did seem odd to him - they both have decent jobs in service there - and are pretty lucky to have such nice employers and such. It would no doubt seem an odd request for her to make. It could not be Bates - we've already had him in jail and such - they won't go there again. Besides - he may suspect what happened but he really doesn't know the truth, does he? I do love Violet - and that she has a past is just divine - I hope we get to relive some of it! Did you see the way the Russian man watched her as she drove away.....there was something between those two!!! This is just a delicious show - and yes, I do know it is not reality - but I do so enjoy it!!!

Old 01-20-2015, 09:35 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,680,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
He went to Germany so that he could divorce his wife and marry Edith. I think his wife is in an insane asylum and he can't divorce her in England.

I believe he checked into his hotel and then disappeared. Something was said about "brown shirts" ...... a mugging with political overtones.

He's probably in a German hospital with amnesia.

Whatever happened to the real heir to Downton Abbey that Edith met when the Abbey was a hospital? He supposedly survived the shipwreck and ended up in Canada........with amnesia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV