Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 10:23 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,666,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I still have a gut feeling that it will turn out that Lord Gillingham killed Green.
me too! It happened right after Lady Mary had lunch with him and told him to fire Green. Maybe Tony is evil as well as boring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 05:44 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,353,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I still have a gut feeling that it will turn out that Lord Gillingham killed Green. Does anyone know if there is a reason that would be impossible?
Good idea. Maybe Tony knows Green has been raping women for a while or maybe someone close to Tony and he offed him.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:08 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,550,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Good idea. Maybe Tony knows Green has been raping women for a while or maybe someone close to Tony and he offed him.
And if it turns out he did the deed, maybe that is who gets kicked off the island (ask to leave and never come back).

Old 01-20-2015, 07:17 AM

947 posts, read 1,403,252 times
Don't worry, this is not a spoiler, but astute observers of Downton Abbey believe the following scene will be in next week's episode.

(Lord Grantham, seething, confronts Bricker about the latter's recent behavior)

Lord G: "Now see here Bricker old man, it is most unbecoming in our circles for a gentleman to make a play for another gentleman's beloved."

Bricker (indignant): "But I merely wished to nuture Lady Grantham's love of the fine arts..."

Lord G: "Damn it man, I am not talking about Cora! I am talking about Isis!"

(Lord G storms off to see if Bates is available for another "special" assignment)

Lord G: "Bates, have you finished that letter linking Miss Bunting to a plot against the monarchy?"

Bates: "Certainly, M'Lord."

Lord G: "Good. Now about this Bricker chap, I want you to..."

Old 01-20-2015, 07:28 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,954,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS67 View Post
Don't worry, this is not a spoiler, but astute observers of Downton Abbey believe the following scene will be in next week's episode.

(Lord Grantham, seething, confronts Bricker about the latter's recent behavior)

Lord G: "Now see here Bricker old man, it is most unbecoming in our circles for a gentleman to make a play for another gentleman's beloved."

Bricker (indignant): "But I merely wished to nuture Lady Grantham's love of the fine arts..."

Lord G: "Damn it man, I am not talking about Cora! I am talking about Isis!"

(Lord G storms off to see if Bates is available for another "special" assignment)

Lord G: "Bates, have you finished that letter linking Miss Bunting to a plot against the monarchy?"

Bates: "Certainly, M'Lord."

Lord G: "Good. Now about this Bricker chap, I want you to..."
Very funny! But you may be right - Lord Grantham ordering Bricker out of the house would be much more believable than banishing one of his own family.

Also looks like we may finally learn what happened to Michael.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:27 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,444,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
And Daisy and Mrs Patmore found the picture of the infant
That was Anna and Mrs Hughes, when they were taking the bed apart in Edith's burnt room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I saw the Paddington movie with my kids today, and the actor who plays Robert (Hugh Bonneville) plays the Lead. It was very disconcerting.
Try watching Mr. Stink !

Old 01-20-2015, 12:54 PM

41,984 posts, read 75,262,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Good point about connecting the timeline between Green's death and Mary telling Tony to fire him. I hadn't thought of Tony as the culprit ... interesting.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:06 PM

11,642 posts, read 12,722,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I saw the Paddington movie with my kids today, and the actor who plays Robert (Hugh Bonneville) plays the Lead. It was very disconcerting. I mean, I know acting is what these guys do for a living, but whenever he was on screen (essentially, the entire movie), I could only picture him as stuffy Lord Grantham; as opposed to stuffy middle aged British Father he was playing in the movie.
I agree with Gandalara. You and your children should get a DVD copy of Mr. Stink if you enjoyed Hugh Bonneville in Paddington. It's a wonderful family movie.

Hugh Bonneville is a prolific actor. I had seen him in many movies way before Dowton Abbey. Most of the actors were all rather well-known veterans before Downton Abbey.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:24 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,106,165 times
Hugh Bonneville was also in Notting Hill with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant ...I like that movie . I did not think of Tony as possible killing Greene either oh my the plot does thicken ....

Old 01-20-2015, 05:16 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,815,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I agree with Gandalara. You and your children should get a DVD copy of Mr. Stink if you enjoyed Hugh Bonneville in Paddington. It's a wonderful family movie.

Hugh Bonneville is a prolific actor. I had seen him in many movies way before Dowton Abbey. Most of the actors were all rather well-known veterans before Downton Abbey.
Laura Carmichael (Edith) was in about two minutes of 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy'. At about the one hour mark and Cumberbatch was checking his briefcase before going into the archives. She looked real stylish with the 60's style hairdo... the nicely teased bouffant, or whatever that's called. She might have been in more but I kept dozing off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV