Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 07:25 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,637 times

Advertisements

Milk in the tea first has always been the English way , they claim they can tell the difference if its put in
Before it after
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 11:01 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Milk in the tea first has always been the English way , they claim they can tell the difference if its put in
Before it after
Makes sense. I feel the same way about coffee. If you pour the hot coffee over the cool milk it tastes different than stirring it in later.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:06 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Milk in the tea first has always been the English way
Not necessarily. It's more of a class thing, as DA was supposed to be demonstrating. The postmistress demanding the milk in first was a signal of her being very middle class (in a very upper class environment.)

Old 01-13-2015, 11:29 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,358,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Makes sense. I feel the same way about coffee. If you pour the hot coffee over the cool milk it tastes different than stirring it in later.
I'm going to try that tomorrow morning and see if it really does taste different.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:36 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,440,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
What will she do if she and Tony are not compatible in the sack - try out another until she finds a better one?
I hope she's disappointed and/or not impressed with Tony.

I like her with Charles Blake better. More sparks

Old 01-13-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Not necessarily. It's more of a class thing, as DA was supposed to be demonstrating. The postmistress demanding the milk in first was a signal of her being very middle class (in a very upper class environment.)
You are correct , it's more middle class English that wants milk in first

Old 01-13-2015, 01:53 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,265,505 times
I noticed that the opening credits for episode 2 listed not only Tom Cullen (Tony Gillingham) but also Julian Ovenden (Charles Blake) in the cast. This raises their status to regulars and certainly means that Charles Blake will be playing a major role in Mary's life during this season. His argument is that Mary is too clever for Tony and needs someone equal to her intellect, like Charles. (I almost didn't recognize him with his new hairdo.)

I also saw that David Robb (Dr. Clarkson) and Raquel Cassidy (Baxter) made the opening credits this season.

Actors playing Lord Merton, Sarah Bunting, and Tim Drewe still show up in the end credits, suggesting their characters won't be as prominent.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:06 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,351,668 times
Wouldn't it be juicy, and DA needs something juicy, if it turned out that Mrs. Hughes offed Green? One of the Drs. at work was speculating that after seeing her reaction to the constable showing up. It is so obvious to think of Bates.

I want something totally unexpected!!

Old 01-13-2015, 03:19 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,334,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
I hope she's disappointed and/or not impressed with Tony.

I like her with Charles Blake better. More sparks
I think that a major character flaw in Tony is going to make its presence known. That is probably hopeful thinking on my part.

IMO, Charles loves her more than Tony does and for very different reasons. That is important. Again, it's probably hopeful thinking.

Mary should listen to us because we know what's best for her.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think that a major character flaw in Tony is going to make its presence known. That is probably hopeful thinking on my part.

IMO, Charles loves her more than Tony does and for very different reasons. That is important. Again, it's probably hopeful thinking.

Mary should listen to us because we know what's best for her.
I think she'll spend just one night with him and that'll be it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV