Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:48 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,354,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Does anyone know about careers of any of contestants from last season?
I haven't a clue. It seems most of them disappeared. But I guess we'll see them on the live shows if ever they have a record to promote. To be honest, I forgot most of the contestants who were there last season...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 06:20 PM

7,556 posts, read 11,627,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
this show is so tired already.

and micky minaj?, please what is she 12. and she is chose to judge????

are you kidding me?

whos retarded idea was that?
If I worked for Fox and I heard American Idol want to sign Nikki Minaj I would tell the producers if they sign her the show would be canceled right on the spot. Mariah Carey is the best selling female artist of all time what has Nikki does jack sh**. Another what were they thinking signing Keith Urban he is a country signer and American Idol is all about pop r&b

Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,681,174 times
I dont know if it from the five years modding here that has me more complacent and understanding people with differences or allow me to have an open mind to understand people without preconceive opinion base on nothing substantial but I have an open mind for season 12 contestants and judges.

I too wonder how Nicki would fit into this but tonight I am learning she a good person and I love her facial expressions.
From the first hour I think she might be best judge who offering real opinions and I love how she console the teary eye Asian guy.
Mariah seems so far a follower to whatever the other judge says.
Looks like Keith will be quiet judge and the last follower of course Randy is Randy.

I like how all of the let Evan the cancer survivor amputee down gently. He brought water to my eyes.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-17-2013 at 09:18 AM..

Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 PM

7,556 posts, read 11,627,877 times
^^^ someone with less talent than dirt should not be judging anybody which Nikki has nada

Old 01-17-2013, 01:18 AM

4,497 posts, read 3,857,829 times
Nicki was a nice surprise. She was kind, entertaining, compassionate, funny, and honest. She really was a great judge and I hope more people start giving her a chance.

I think this season has potential to be great.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:26 AM

198 posts, read 422,861 times
maybe i was just 'in a mood' or something, but i really did not enjoy what i saw of last night's show. the first 20 minutes were a waste with the bickering before anyone sang. i was yelling at the tv for nicki to be quiet and let someone else say something. no, she was not mean but she just talked too much. not enough singing, too much back story. only watched the first hour but recorded the second and will watch that tonight and see if it is better. jmo.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:13 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,354,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Another what were they thinking signing Keith Urban he is a country signer and American Idol is all about pop r&b
Rnb and pop? There are country finalists every single year. And many of them sign contracts and have a career.
Think of Scotty who won two seasons ago. Even Philip Philips who won last year was featured in CMT's top 20 last year (as a bonus video).
So Keith Urban is a logical choice.

Last edited by Sudcaro; 01-17-2013 at 09:04 AM..

Old 01-17-2013, 08:45 AM

18,534 posts, read 31,806,292 times
OK, I am guilty, I watched part of it.

I was actually surprised with Nicki Minaj, I found her to be really nice. She speaks well, and was pleasant to listen to. her criticisms were rational, and her facial expressions were priceless. So I am going to have to change my mind about her. I liked her.

Keith urban? Zero, total nothing. I don't even know what his voice sounds like. Did he speak at all? Why was he even chosen? He has the personality of a suction cup.

Mariah Carey, not sure about her, should she judge?, sure, she has the experience and the talent but I just wasn't feeling her that much. She didn't seem to have much of a personalty, I was a little disappointed with her.....

Randy, well Randy is Randy we are so used to him, I like him.

Now I saw a few contestants, the chick from Staten island, ( I used to live there ), but she was terrible, terrible, I was glad they sent her home.

Now the black boy,( don't remember his name ), the one singing on the subway, please, not only do I hate the song "Sweet dreams are made for this", with a passion, but he was painful to watch. The boy was painful. I don't know why they always have to give the audience a sob story about thier lives????

Everybody has a song and a dance, and so do I, and no one wants to hear it. Why must idol air that?, are we supposed to feel sorry for them and give them a chance?

If you suck, you suck......go home and call it a day already....

wah, wah, wah, cry me a river, I have no mother and my dog ran away, the house burnt down and I have a fever, I cant get medicine I have no insurance and my bicycle has a flat tire with a busted chain, I have to walk to school in sub degree weather in a blizzard with no shoes and I lost my books........

Old 01-17-2013, 08:53 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,880,976 times
Is there any way to find how much money "American Idol" makes for the Fox Network? I suspect that it is the network's biggest cash cow, and will remain so no matter how mediocre it is.
H.L. Mencken was right: "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public".

Old 01-17-2013, 08:58 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,412,685 times
I thought last night was a waste of time. I cannot stand Carey and I can't stand Minaj. I like Randy and Keith is eye candy, IMO.

I do not care if Minaj threatened to kill Carey and I don't want to see the paso-doble between the two of them. This is not supposed to be The Jerry Springer Show. It's supposed to be about singing talent. Bring it or fill it with reruns of Robert Blake and that cockatoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV